Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford not liking the x-plan loophole that they allowed is understandable. That cost them money.

Blaming dealers that understand capitalism and the value of acquiring a net new customer sounds like the kind of complaint a dealer unable to compete would make.
Except that’s not capitalism - that is collusion to circumvent free market capitalism.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except that’s not capitalism - that is collusion to circumvent free market capitalism.
Dealers offering better deals in exchange for more customers is collusion?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealers offering better deals in exchange for more customers is collusion?
Maybe I misread your intent. My view dealers colluded in an anticompetitive way to get allocations instigated and XPlan removed sequentially. I am guessing you were saying Granger, Stephens and now Chapman’s moves were competitive capitalism.

Apologies

(Edit) Note that they implemented allocations first to keep people second guessing whether there is a risk if they switch to below XPlan dealers, let that marinate for a bit, and then eliminate XPlan ...

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford not liking the x-plan loophole that they allowed is understandable. That cost them money.

Blaming dealers that understand capitalism and the value of acquiring a net new customer sounds like the kind of complaint a dealer unable to compete would make.
Exactly. Ford not liking a loophole they created = dumb. I wouldn't like it either if I did something that dumb.

Ford siding with dealerships that...
  • Can't return customers' phone calls
  • Won't give them a straight answer or a even a ballpark idea as to what they're going to pay for a vehicle until they've locked them in as the dealership
  • Grab customers' canceled orders to put on their own lots
  • Add $10K above MSRP to First Edition orders
  • Steal customers' reservations out from under them to sell to other customers at a jacked-up price
  • ALL of which has been reported by Bronco customers on this site, by the way
Over
  • Dealerships that have stepped into the 21st century of customer experience and relationship management and nailed it so hard people are willing to drive thousands of miles to do business with them
...shows how much Ford has to learn. They can't possibly be that dumb, can they?

Fast-forward five years to when the number of dealerships is drastically reduced and we order our vehicles online or from the remaining dealerships we know and trust. Customers willing to put up with anything less are a dying breed. That market is literally aging out.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brand awareness is huge to Ford. It's not always just about what they're getting paid per unit. Margins and transaction price and a whole host of things are important to the motor companies.

I know everyone wants to say it was the dealers that got things changed, but I promise it wasn't. I'm sure some complained, cause that always happens. Ford was the one that wasn't happy with things that were happening. The x-plan fiasco with Mustang Club was another abuse that really got their goat. Take a guess who the person responsible for pulling the plug on that offer might have been? Look all the way at the top.
Yeah, that Farley guy fucked everything up. No surprise there. I mean, look at him! 😂

Ford Bronco Official 2021 BRONCO SCHEDULING UPDATE + June Production Demand vs Capacity [Commodity / Constraints] Chart Chris_Farley

j/k - Yes, I know Chris is Jim's cousin.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fast-forward five years to when the number of dealerships is drastically reduced and we order our vehicles online or from the remaining dealerships we know and trust. Customers willing to put up with anything less are a dying breed. That market is literally aging out.
When that happens(not that I think it will) we'd all be paying more for vehicles than we currently are by letting the market take care of it on its own.

Remember when everyone used to love their banks? You could walk in, speak to someone, get personal service, get a loan, etc....fast forward to what we have now with all the mega banks. No customer service, no personal relationships, no benefits really to do business with any bank...it would be very similar.

To my knowledge Ford has trimmed roughly 300 dealers in the last 15 years. That's really not that many.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When that happens(not that I think it will) we'd all be paying more for vehicles than we currently are by letting the market take care of it on its own.

Remember when everyone used to love their banks? You could walk in, speak to someone, get personal service, get a loan, etc....fast forward to what we have now with all the mega banks. No customer service, no personal relationships, no benefits really to do business with any bank...it would be very similar.

To my knowledge Ford has trimmed roughly 300 dealers in the last 15 years. That's really not that many.
I disagree.

My bank knows more about me these days due to data mining and big data than any banker knew about me in the past. They use AI to figure out what I need, when I need it. Some people may not like it, but this is the way of today and the future.

I see car dealerships reconfiguring their showrooms to 1) provide maintenance and 2) sell accessories that demonstrate the "customer experience" of owning the vehicle, with little room for actual vehicles. All that real estate is expensive, and people want to pick and choose exactly what they want these days - not pick something off a lot. That space will be put to better use with accessories that have 50% margins.

And letting the market dictate prices is not a bad thing. In fact, for customers, it's great.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone actually KNOW anything that tells them when they’ll get a Bronco other than what they’ve received in an email directly from Ford? The fog and noise out there is unbelievable.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone actually KNOW anything that tells them when they’ll get a Bronco other than what they’ve received in an email directly from Ford? The fog and noise out there is unbelievable.
Some dealers may inform their customers a couple of days before the Thursday email drop that their orders are being previewed for build (but not guaranteed). I'd recommend reading up on some of the threads about that because I wouldn't be able to give you much more than that.

Sponsored

BlackearthBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond, 2016 Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, But initially Ford said nothing about the tow package effecting your build. I have it and have not received a build date yet with a priority code of 12.

BlackearthBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond, 2016 Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please stop with all the moaning or just cancel your reservation. Wouldn’t you rather deal with the delays and constraints and still get this bronco then have the roll out run perfectly and have the new bronco come out like the RR Defender or Jeep Grand Waggoner remakes? Seriously. This is an absolute win here. Ford knocked it out of the park where it really matters IMO.

BTW, if Ford allowed dealers to reclaim reservations (without penalty) and sell them or order inventory, or without the competition with grabbing reservations, we all would pay above MSRP. Ford is looking out for the people.
Tru Dat!

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A
"BRONCO SCHEDULING UPDATE

We completed our first full week of retail order scheduling. A few notes:

Commodity Ramp Up – Part availability will vary each week and month and will impact order scheduling sequence. For instance, we have heavy soft tops initially as hard tops ramp up, and so we had a higher mix of soft tops this month than our full year estimate calls for.

All Orders are in Play – Because of the commodities, all orders are in play. The scheduling system will still select based off (1) Dealer Allocation, (2) Commodities, and then (3) Timestamp, but because a lot of the orders are built very similarly, the system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean order.

To help better manage your customers’ expectations, starting with July production we will provide a National Bronco Commodity Report monthly (attached for June as reference) that will show our monthly build capacities compared to the full unscheduled order bank by key commodities. This will give direct line of site of our supply and demand on commodities and provide dealers with a resource to talk to customers about making potential changes to their orders to improve their build timing.

Scheduling Timeline

Thursday scheduling will continue on a weekly basis with the following monthly cadence:

· Week 1: First Editions

o NOTE: These will be scheduled throughout the entire Model Year. Additionally, all First Edition allocations were calculated based on # of First Edition orders in order bank as of March 19 deadline.

· Week 2: Dealer Earned Allocation – Non-First Edition Orders

· Week 3 & 4: Clean Up, As Necessary

As a reminder, we will send all order holders a communication in May notifying them of their estimated delivery timeframe based on their current build, production volume, and allocation."

There was more but this is the important info. Personally, I would not advocate anyone changing their orders to try and get built as doing so would amount to trying to hit an invisible moving target. Commodities will change weekly and monthly so what do you change this week to try and figure out what their capacities are going to be next week? According to this, low time stamp doesn't guarantee anything at this point. It's more like a lottery for "clean" priority 19s at this point so don't bother asking anymore. You will have an email by May for estimated delivery or you won't. Your dealer will know when you are previewed, you will know sometime Thursday if your numbers got drawn.

Also posted by @Razorbak86 :

June Production Demand vs Capacity

Legend:
  • USOB = Unscheduled Order Bank
  • Black, + ppts = :love:
  • Red, (-) ppts = 😭
Ford Bronco Official 2021 BRONCO SCHEDULING UPDATE + June Production Demand vs Capacity [Commodity / Constraints] Chart Chris_Farley
A couple things. Why or how does dealer allocation come into play when they’re pulling orders? Maybe I’m just missing something there cause it sounds like some dealers will get priority. Second, what does “clean up” mean?
Sponsored