Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can understand MICs becoming -ve since lots of painted hard toppers would've switched. But Front E-Locker and Trailer tow are that much in demand?

Also, I'm trying to make sense of the % numbers in the table.

The % numbers under the "Series" don't add up to 100%. So the remaining are FEs?
If that's the case, only 8% of June Builds are FEs?

And 5% of the USOB mix are FEs? If so, assuming all 7,000 FEs have been ordered, then total # of orders thus far is about $140K?

Lot of Ifs .... can someone help me out here?
Whatcha need help with? Sounds like you've got decent numerical analysis in your theory.

If you're correct, June FE builds are 8% or 9% of the total (maybe even 10% if you allow for rounding errors). So Ford will be building a higher percentage of FEs than ordered compared to other series. All the FEs should be built in a reasonable amount of time.

Plus OP said this will change month to month and Granger implied FEs will ramp up in a bit.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear I didnā€™t post the table due to the fact itā€™s factory speak and can only add to more confusion. Iā€™m not well versed in the minutia of sales land.
I think dealers are going to get their allocation, assuming they have buildable units, the unknown right now is which orders those will be.
There is a lot of speculation over the snip I posted. The reason why was to let others see what we are seeing. Ford is doing what they can to get units built. I want mine built like everyone else but we need to remember when we put a reservation in there was never a guarantee or assurance from Ford or the dealers when that was going to be. Ford got almost 3X the reservations they planned for so production capacity went out the window. Drag the ā€˜ro ros in and things went in the toilet. If there were fewer models and options there may have not been this many issues. If communication on Fordā€™s end would be better....If there wouldnā€™t have been a reservation system....if there wouldnā€™t have been reservation swapping....if there wouldnā€™t have been priority issues...I can go on but it wonā€™t change anything. We canā€™t tell you when or if you are going to get a ā€˜21 until Ford pulls a preview.
It condenses down to a bunch of stacked problems that is the sum of what it is today. Bear with it for a few more weeks and youā€™ll have more answers.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I'm reading this correctly, the huge percentage of orders were for 4-dr, autotrans and 2.7l. Yes, no???

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-120 here
You win...or do you?

Time for a ā€œwho has the most negative points?ā€ wager...or pain reliever fundraiser for the ā€œwinnerā€!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there were fewer models and options there may have not been this many issues. If communication on Fordā€™s end would be better....If there wouldnā€™t have been a reservation system....if there wouldnā€™t have been reservation swapping....if there wouldnā€™t have been priority issues...I can go on but it wonā€™t change anything.
TL;DR

ā€œIf ifs and buts were candy and nuts, weā€™d all have a merry Christmas.ā€
ā€” Don Meredith, Monday Night Football (12/17/1970) šŸŽ„šŸŽ…

Anyway, I posted the table, so Iā€™ll take the bullet for that in the name of greater forum transparency for my fellow Bronco peeps, but I also posted a detailed guide for how to interpret it. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have known about the "deadlies" for months now, why is everyone so shocked that it has come to fruition? If you are a day one, just be patient, you are still at the front of the line. They are just momentarily out of the Maine lobster...but the truck just pulled up.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TL;DR

ā€œIf ifs and buts were candy and nuts, weā€™d all have a merry Christmas.ā€
ā€” Don Meredith, Monday Night Football (12/17/1970)

Anyway, I posted the table, so Iā€™ll take the bullet for that in the name of greater transparency for my fellow Bronco peeps, but I also posted a detailed guide for how to interpret it. šŸ˜‰
Thanks, Iā€™m just a dumb service guy and donā€™t play around with that stuff enough to answer questions about it. I hope we never, ever see Ford experiment with this type of ordering again.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, Iā€™m just a dumb service guy and donā€™t play around with that stuff enough to answer questions about it. I hope we never, ever see Ford experiment with this type of ordering again.
This must be what it feels like to work in a sausage factory hosting plant tours from drop-in supermarket shoppers who simply wanted to push their shopping carts down the meat and poultry aisle. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I think @Administrator probably mashed our two posts together when he created this separate thread from the prior Granger thread, so I realize you probably didnā€™t do it yourself. Nevertheless, feel free to add a link to my interpretation guide post to the OP, if you think it will help.

Last edited:

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
-64 doesn't seem that bad compared to others numbers. A day 2 reservation I am hopeful this Friday.

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You win...or do you?

Time for a ā€œwho has the most negative points?ā€ wager...or pain reliever fundraiser for the ā€œwinnerā€!
im a 4/3 reservation though so i know im late 22 if not a 23

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@flip ,
I appreciate you letting us see raw data. I can see better what Ford is up against and I think they are doing a fabulous job with it.

For those of you still confused by the numbers, you can look at the raw data this way...

Pretend hypothetically that Ford has enough parts and employees to only build 100 Broncos in June, BUT ALSO only 100 people have actually ordered Broncos. So of course the 100 people all assume they will get their Bronco built in June, because, duh, Ford can build all 100 of our Broncos, right?

Using the number 100 as both the hypothetical builds and hypothetical orders means the percentages shown on the chart now represent exact numbers of Broncos (making understanding the problem easier).

The first column is the number of Broncos Ford has enough parts for, the second column is how many Bronco orders have that item on it.

Ford has enough parts to build 38 Broncos with 2.3l engines and 62 with 2.7l engines. But... 71 people ordered 2.7! Dang! Now what do we do? Eight of the people who ordered the bigger engines can't get a Bronco in June and will have to wait.

The factory can't sit idle waiting for the extra engines or tow-hitches or door handles or unicorn scale sprinkles or whatever it is that they are running out of (or got delivered but isn't up to Ford's quality standards).

So obviously Ford will build everything they can, as fast as they can, but some orders will have to wait until Ford gets in more unicorn scale sprinkles.

(Now, don't forget to do your homework, I'll be collecting it Monday morning. And I will be available from 7:30-8:15 each morning for tutoring.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜šŸ˜)

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm reading this correctly, the huge percentage of orders were for 4-dr, autotrans and 2.7l. Yes, no???
Yes, by a large margin.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Iā€™ll be getting mine after Christmas it looks like going off this. :( Definitely tempted to switch my order back to First Edition as it looks like I have a better chance of getting it sooner than if I stick with the Badlands.
This is a pretty long thread so I'm not sure if someone responded to this, but you can't go back to an FE. Once you give it up, like you and I did, it's gone. My dealer made that very clear.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it should also have the wire harness to the dash for the brake controller
And the bump in stock suspension. See the tow package thread in the sub-forum.
Sponsored