Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2, 3, 1. Because 3 means nothing without 2. You can have the very first reservation in the entire country, but if your vehicle requires parts that don't exist, it doesn't matter. 3, 2, 1 suggests that timestamp comes first and the production line should halt until that unit can be built. 2, 3, 1 suggests that Ford should build whatever it can, with the priority being the earliest timestamp that can accommodate the supply limitations.
You are spot on with this. Ford clearly considers the Dealers their customers and not the consumer. I am surprised and a little disgusted at how this has unfolded. Why have a reservation system when the timestamp is the least important data point.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"...As a reminder, we will send all order holders a communication in May notifying them of their estimated delivery timeframe based on their current build, production volume, and allocation."

Or

Ford Bronco Official 2021 BRONCO SCHEDULING UPDATE + June Production Demand vs Capacity [Commodity / Constraints] Chart Can I change my order up until VIN

Ok, I have one communication that says order holders will receive communication and the other that says provide an update to dealers on estimated delivery timing. Kind of a big deal since I can't rely on my dealer to tell me anything. Lets hope that it comes directly to reservation holders.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"...As a reminder, we will send all order holders a communication in May notifying them of their estimated delivery timeframe based on their current build, production volume, and allocation."

Or

Ford Bronco Official 2021 BRONCO SCHEDULING UPDATE + June Production Demand vs Capacity [Commodity / Constraints] Chart Can I change my order up until VIN

Ok, I have one communication that says order holders will receive communication and the other that says provide an update to dealers on estimated delivery timing. Kind of a big deal since I can't rely on my dealer to tell me anything. Lets hope that it comes directly to reservation holders.
All this time I thought I'd receive some info in May directly from Ford. Maybe not. Not sure how I missed that.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what are we expecting this Thursday? Significantly less build emails compared to last week since they are in ‘clean up’ mode? And will these be more focused on FEs?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what are we expecting this Thursday? Significantly less build emails compared to last week since they are in ‘clean up’ mode? And will these be more focused on FEs?

I don't expect a lot of emails Thursday 4/29. I would guess they do their "May Email" to everyone later in the month after they do the May "week 1" and "week 2" production schedule.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just don't get the obsession with time stamp. If there was any justice, the first 10,000 builds should go to the fans that were members of this forum months and years before orders opened. Spoiler, I'm not one of them. I'm obsessed now about getting a Bronco but I wasn't one of the few keeping the torch burning. I just don't see how first Broncos should go to the lucky few who have great internet, or didn't have to work, or didn't have a crisis they had to deal with on launch night.

I understand Ford wanting to spread new Broncos across the country and I really hope this launch is a success. I'm thrilled with my Bronco and I really want them to be as ubiquitous as the F series and wranglers.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just don't get the obsession with time stamp.
I wasn't around then, but I think it has to do with Ford selling everyone on their place in line based on when a reservation was made. Unfortunately, things changed as time went on...

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Feeling better and better about maybe getting my late order BASE base! 😍😍

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't get the obsession with time stamp. If there was any justice, the first 10,000 builds should go to the fans that were members of this forum months and years before orders opened. Spoiler, I'm not one of them. I'm obsessed now about getting a Bronco but I wasn't one of the few keeping the torch burning. I just don't see how first Broncos should go to the lucky few who have great internet, or didn't have to work, or didn't have a crisis they had to deal with on launch night.

I understand Ford wanting to spread new Broncos across the country and I really hope this launch is a success. I'm thrilled with my Bronco and I really want them to be as ubiquitous as the F series and wranglers.
So you think everyone on this forum should get first dibs on the first 10,000 Broncos that roll off the line?

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the timestamp thing made us think we had some tiny bit of control in this whole process. Whether Ford made us think that or we just let ourselves think that is up for debate. I got the impression from Ford that getting in line early (reservation timestamp) meant I had a place in line based on that timestamp.

I’m willing to withhold judgment till the May email though. With all the rampant speculation and rumor-spreading and wild guessing and “insider” knowledge about crap nobody really seems to understand, I’ll just wait to hear it from the horse’s mouth...then I’ll go crazy when the news is bad.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess to clarify, I do feel bad for the bait and switch feelings Ford made. I'm first in line! Awesome! Wait, why are all those people moving up past me... I get it, Ford should have be VERY clear and up front from the beginning. It was a shitty move.

So you think everyone on this forum should get first dibs on the first 10,000 Broncos that roll off the line?
If I were king, the few hundred that were obsessing about the 6g Bronco for years should get the first ones. They've been camping out for years. This doesn't include new members (myself included), just those that I see were members here well before the launch. There just isn't a good way to do a fair launch of a limited item. *sad shrug*

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When that happens(not that I think it will) we'd all be paying more for vehicles than we currently are by letting the market take care of it on its own.

Remember when everyone used to love their banks? You could walk in, speak to someone, get personal service, get a loan, etc....fast forward to what we have now with all the mega banks. No customer service, no personal relationships, no benefits really to do business with any bank...it would be very similar.

To my knowledge Ford has trimmed roughly 300 dealers in the last 15 years. That's really not that many.
Exactly why I stopped dealing with banks and went to a credit union. I get a personal call from my credit union every year to see if they can do anything for me. In addition I get profit sharing money put in my account every year. Banks never did that. Not including my savings account(different story)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone hearing about dealers getting previews today for tomorrow's pickings? Curious if there is enough data on that front to gauge how quiet of a day it will be tomorrow....or I could just wait until tomorrow like a normal human being.
Sponsored