Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I know the answer but that's the same 2.7L the Bronco is getting, right?

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder what the take rate on the diesel is. Those numbers get washed out compared to everything else on the lineup. What's the incentive to pay $4500 more for less capability?

Interesting that they squeezed quite a bit more on the 3.5.

Also, is cylinder deactivation confirmed on the 5.0?

Deleted member 12854

I wonder what the take rate on the diesel is. Those numbers get washed out compared to everything else on the lineup. What's the incentive to pay $4500 more for less capability?

Interesting that they squeezed quite a bit more on the 3.5.

Also, is cylinder deactivation confirmed on the 5.0?
Many people who choose diesel do so because you can pour vegetable oil into your fuel tank. Now that USA is getting a taste of communist riots and society shutdowns, the idea of an apocalypse vehicle doesn’t sound so crazy.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Many people who choose diesel do so because you can pour vegetable oil into your fuel tank. Now that USA is getting a taste of communist riots and society shutdowns, the idea of an apocalypse vehicle doesn’t sound so crazy.
$50k will buy alot of MREs and ammo. I think you'd want to go the used route. :LOL:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

In the unlikely event of the apocalypse, bicycles will be the primary mode of transport. Cars will last like...A week.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that it's not only about the engine, but it's crazy that they're still listing the 2.7's towing capacity for the Bronco at 3,500 lbs. while the F-150 with the same engine is 10,100 lbs.

Chris

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. I doubt it'll be tuned any differently.
I don’t think that’s accurate, since Ford has been marketing 310hp on the Bronco v 325hp on the F-150. Not sure why there is a difference, but that’s what has been put out.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think that’s accurate, since Ford has been marketing 310hp on the Bronco v 325hp on the F-150. Not sure why there is a difference, but that’s what has been put out.
My bad, was hoping for a power bump in the Bronco. haha

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am completely content with my 2018 loaded Lariat. No reason to buy a new one. Additionally I do not like this new front end at all. Maybe it will look better in real life.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am completely content with my 2018 loaded Lariat. No reason to buy a new one. Additionally I do not like this new front end at all. Maybe it will look better in real life.
I agree. The only trim I can stand is the Lariat Chrome package because it reminds me a bit of my 96 F150 if I squint. Everything else feels like a knockoff of GMC.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that it's not only about the engine, but it's crazy that they're still listing the 2.7's towing capacity for the Bronco at 3,500 lbs. while the F-150 with the same engine is 10,100 lbs.

Chris
It has nothing to do with the drivetrain. It's the short wheelbase and soft off-road oriented suspension.
Sponsored