Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did Ford clarify this somewhere?
Not sure but if it was posted in print, But Ford Performance programs are always done on Premium fuel
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No internal transmission upgrades, although the Raptor has its own spec torque converter and additional trans cooling.

Ford Bronco Official: 2022 Bronco Raptor gets 418 HP / 440 Lb-ft !! Screenshot 2022-05-26 090757

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, on the media page for the Bronco Raptor. The original release reads 400 horsepower* which is followed up at the bottom with *Horsepower rating based on premium fuel per SAE J1349® standard. Your results may vary.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/01/24/bronco-raptor.html
Thanks, do they know what the numbers are on regular fuel? The 2.3 and 2.7 have both of those numbers I find it kind of strange they didn't do the same with the Braptor.

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be happy when I stop seeing the olds tell me to buy a sports car if I want something fast. Bottom line is its all performance and we all want the best performance possible. bUy a MuSTanG......

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, do they know what the numbers are on regular fuel? The 2.3 and 2.7 have both of those numbers I find it kind of strange they didn't do the same with the Braptor.
like many say here (not really me), mileage doesn't matter, even if it's $25.00 a gallon...lol.

I'd figure that the mention of 400 hp is enough to keep people putting in whatever fuel, even at extreme prices. I mean, 375 hp, really....that's nothing. :poop: Who'd want only 375 when you can get 400? (sarcasm implied)

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
During development we only saw 400/430 for the power figure of the PP. This might be the regular fuel numbers then

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be happy when I stop seeing the olds tell me to buy a sports car if I want something fast. Bottom line is its all performance and we all want the best performance possible. bUy a MuSTanG......
Olds? I hardly consider myself to be old. 100 is the new 40...lol.

No Bronco is meant to have specs for speed. You won't see many at a track. It's meant for other things, obviously. Performance is not a measure of how fast a vehicle goes.

I'd hope nobody is buying this vehicle thinking it's meant to outrun a tesla on the highway, or any decent German engineered vehicle, for that matter.

I have an idea...buy a sports car for something fast and buy the Bronco for something that is high performance and a lot of fun! Not many sports cars can go off-roading!

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Olds? I hardly consider myself to be old. 100 is the new 40...lol.

No Bronco is meant to have specs for speed. You won't see many at a track. It's meant for other things, obviously. Performance is not a measure of how fast a vehicle goes.

I'd hope nobody is buying this vehicle thinking it's meant to outrun a tesla on the highway, or any decent German engineered vehicle, for that matter.

I have an idea...buy a sports car for something fast and buy the Bronco for something that is high performance and a lot of fun! Not many sports cars can go off-roading!
I want mine to go fast off-road. I am not rock crawling but its not outrageous to say I want mine geared more towards desert runner. The argument of "its not supposed to be fast" is narrow-minded

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just keep in mind that HP numbers from Ford are crankshaft HP numbers. The 4x4 driveline steals a lot of that power, so your wheel horsepower through the auto trans should be lower.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like a good choice for a easy swap if my 2.7 ever let's go. Definitely a simpler conversion than any v8
Sponsored