Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll be happy when I stop seeing the olds tell me to buy a sports car if I want something fast. Bottom line is its all performance and we all want the best performance possible. bUy a MuSTanG......
I have 2, use to have 3. Anyways I always ran 93 in my 3.5TT, I like performance.
Sponsored

mdntblu

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Expedition and 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is Ford done with V8 engines other than in the Mustang GT?

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want mine to go fast off-road. I am not rock crawling but its not outrageous to say I want mine geared more towards desert runner. The argument of "its not supposed to be fast" is narrow-minded
with fast, I mean on the road...going fast over desert dunes is very cool....however, I'm not sure how many people buying a raptor actually live near a desert? If you go to the Outer Banks and decide to try to hit more than 30mph on the beach, you'll likely be getting yourself in trouble. o_O

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
with fast, I mean on the road...going fast over desert dunes is very cool....however, I'm not sure how many people buying a raptor actually live near a desert? If you go to the Outer Banks and decide to try to hit more than 30mph on the beach, you'll likely be getting yourself in trouble. o_O
Well I live in Texas and I can certainly find some places to go fast over dirt. All I'm saying is for it to be fast over stuff like that it still has to be fast on the roads. Fast being relative of course but I shouldn't have to keep seeing the "buy a sports car" comment. Its just an ignorant statement.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I live in Texas and I can certainly find some places to go fast over dirt. All I'm saying is for it to be fast over stuff like that it still has to be fast on the roads. Fast being relative of course but I shouldn't have to keep seeing the "buy a sports car" comment. Its just an ignorant statement.
Hardly ignorant...I will admit I'm a bit jealous that you're in Texas where you have some awesome terrain to hit! Can't run a sports car over dunes so it's a moot point... :)

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll be happy when I stop seeing the olds tell me to buy a sports car if I want something fast. Bottom line is its all performance and we all want the best performance possible. bUy a MuSTanG......
It's like they've never heard of acceleration and the only thing power is for is max top speed. Truly baffling. They must never have to pass on a two lane, merge with traffic off a short ramp, maintain speed on steep inclines, or just enjoy the sensation of being pushed back in your seat by the power at your disposal.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's like they've never heard of acceleration and the only thing power is for is max top speed. Truly baffling. They must never have to pass on a two lane, merge with traffic off a short ramp, maintain speed on steep inclines, or just enjoy the sensation of being pushed back in your seat by the power at your disposal.
This is why I had a motorcycle. :) I'd hardly be concerned about my wrangler/bronco as being my vehicle purchased mostly for accelerating off a ramp onto a highway.

Performance for a wrangler/bronco is in the off-road realm...on-road, they're just looking for decent comfort and function. Off-road is where it is at.

A sports car can't dare go off-road but coming off a ramp, it will destroy any wrangler/Bronco. I don't care if you have a raptor at what, 0-60 in maybe 5.5 seconds at best?? An average sports car will blow that way.

However, the raptor goes where no sports car can and that's the whole point of it...not to be a track vehicle to compete with mustangs...

mini2nut

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-pedal Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, but a naturally aspirated V8 Bronco would have been the PERFECT Bronco. It would have given the 470 hp 392 Hemi V8 Wrangler a run for it’s money.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice, but a non aspirated V8 Bronco would have been the PERFECT Bronco. It would have given the 470 hp 392 Hemi V8 Wrangler a run for it’s money.
I am interested in how a “non aspirated” V8 makes any power let alone over 400 hp😆. I think you mean naturally aspirated.

mini2nut

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-pedal Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, and corrected!

Abag

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am interested in how a “non aspirated” V8 makes any power let alone over 400 hp😆. I think you mean naturally aspirated.
Not a concern now, The V8 wranlger days are numbered, already announced the V8 is going away.

mini2nut

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-pedal Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, going the way of the Do Do bird soon. I am confident the 392 Wrangler will be a short 3-year run, 2021-2023.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, going the way of the Do Do bird soon. I am confident the 392 Wrangler will be a short 3-year run, 2021-2023.
Just in time for the Raptor R to overtake
Sponsored