SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not getting AM Blue, and this is the reason I’m not picking it. Probably one of my favorite color options, but a dark blue is almost as bad as a black vehicle. Shows all the dirt and scratches and would drive me nuts. My wife had a Kona Blue Edge and it was gorgeous when it was clean but it showed every single scratch and swirl. For a 100% street vehicle I like it, but for something that is going to see the trail, a lighter colored option is the way to go - at least for me.
Same. Seriously debating.
Sponsored

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Repost from earlier today.
I've got a BMW 428 in Imperial blue, with alumina effect pigments. It's pretty cool having a different color car depending on the amount of sunshine. Read on.

"The Xirallic paint color pigments within the paintwork have ultra high reflection properties which make it unbelievable in direct sunlight. In the shade, the car gains a very deep, dark color as the flakes within the paint disappear." BMW with Xirallic Paintwork

Ford began using the pigments over a decade ago. Xirallic--alumina effect pigment

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
aahhhhhh sweet !!

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 537D0689-C0FB-4DFB-A90E-352361DEBE2F

my fav.

?
Looks even better on a cobra! I still haven't completely given up on that dream. ;) Is that a Surperformance?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks even better on a cobra! I still haven't completely given up on that dream. ;) Is that a Surperformance?

Just an internet pic to get the Black Cherry Pearl paint I like. (y) Plus luv those curves on the Cobra.

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just an internet pic to get the Black Cherry Pearl paint I like. (y) Plus luv those curves on the Cobra.
Very cool find! Always admired the simple elegance of the Cobras. My parents rally raced in the 60's and they almost purchased a 289 Cobra back in the day new. I believe he still has the quote sheet tucked away somewhere... in his "opportunities missed" folder. :)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, for whatever reason, fate put several Nissan Armadas in front of me earlier today in a very dark blue color that I now know is Hermosa Blue Pearl.
I've never noticed them before , but all of a sudden I see like four of them in half an hour.
NIce color, but as noted, if dirty , looks like ass.
I also saw a clean F 150 in Velocity Blue.... and it was gorgeous, mile deep paint. Nice and bright color , but still a definite medium blue.
The classics just scream for brighter colors and this 6G , the more I look at it, just oozes the lines of the Classic 1G Bronco.

I love the idea of spraying my 69 in Velocity and having a 6G to match....but at the same time...it also sounds a little cheesy. But they're mine, you do what you want with yours, I'll still judge you though! ?

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 1598331143575

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder what the difference is between altos blue (sport) and antimatter. They look the same

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, for whatever reason, fate put several Nissan Armadas in front of me earlier today in a very dark blue color that I now know is Hermosa Blue Pearl.
I've never noticed them before , but all of a sudden I see like four of them in half an hour.
NIce color, but as noted, if dirty , looks like ass.
I also saw a clean F 150 in Velocity Blue.... and it was gorgeous, mile deep paint. Nice and bright color , but still a definite medium blue.
The classics just scream for brighter colors and this 6G , the more I look at it, just oozes the lines of the Classic 1G Bronco.

I love the idea of spraying my 69 in Velocity and having a 6G to match....but at the same time...it also sounds a little cheesy. But they're mine, you do what you want with yours, I'll still judge you though! ?

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 1598331143575
If thats your yellow beauty, leave it, it’s gorgeous if anything spray the new one to match. at least it’ll be original

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If thats your yellow beauty, leave it, it’s gorgeous if anything spray the new one to match. at least it’ll be original
? ? ? :mad: ..... like I need more temptation. LOL

I'd be lieing if I said I had NOT thought about ordering a white one because something likea nice BOLD Viper Yellow will cover over white MUCH easier..... :cool:

Stayed up until the time I normally wake up working on her last night .... ALLLmost have her back on her own two feet again. Re-assembling from doing a frame off.
I've left the idea of "perfection" behind for now, just to get her going again. The frame is done, the motor is done, the axles have been repainted.....the rest is "assemblies" I can take care of later. Like those rusty looking but otherwise fully functional brake calipers and drums, LOL.

20200907_121426.jpg
Sponsored