First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep seeing people make reference to Fords server farm which is the old way. Their stuff is cloud based now so technically there "shouldn't" be scaling issues. Also from the beginning hacks before Ford locked down the back door access, their stuff was also scaled regionally East/West as I saw they had regional routing software coming back from the requests.

Don't get me wrong, its possible it will get overloaded, but it "SHOULDN'T" if they have any capable operational people. They should know by now the load is gonna be heavy.
No clue what that means but sounds good.

Ford Bronco Official: Bronco Build & Price Goes Live Tonight @ 12:01AM EST 1603380404790
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Word is this is a completely new type of B&P that Ford has built.

It has something to do with the 200+ accessories shown on your build as you add them (or something like that).

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not one page window sticker two + pages coming ?

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The awesome photo of the doorless antimatter blue 4 door sitting on top of a rock was a CGI. A lot of people hung their hat on that photo being real and that AMB read more of a blue lol. The photo above is the same exact shot, but with a two door iconic silver. The reflections are identical, as is the winch, and the wiper marks at the top of the windshield.

Nd9GcQVadZYtIuws0pI2N60pphTSR4FhK64AE2WYA&usqp=CAU.jpg

...its sad that i could do this off memory. spending way too much time here.
Was thinking the exact same thing.... was holding out hope that AMB would be more like this picture but alas it will obviously be darker. On a side note... that grey does look good but I guess it is CGI as well.

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

perfect - I'll be doing it tonight at 9:02 (as long as it doesn't go down in a ball of flames)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Word is this is a completely new type of B&P that Ford has built.

It has something to do with the 200+ accessories shown on your build as you add them (or something like that).
I was hoping for this.

Sponsored

JHammy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We are going to flood the site and it's going to crash.....

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep seeing people make reference to Fords server farm which is the old way. Their stuff is cloud based now so technically there "shouldn't" be scaling issues. Also from the beginning hacks before Ford locked down the back door access, their stuff was also scaled regionally East/West as I saw they had regional routing software coming back from the requests.

Don't get me wrong, its possible it will get overloaded, but it "SHOULDN'T" if they have any capable operational people. They should know by now the load is gonna be heavy.
You are correct, most of the B&P code should be running on your computer in your browser. The back end servers could get overloaded if 200K users are hitting refresh over and over again and that will should only happen if everyone hits it at exactly 12:01 and they can't keep up all the initial GET requests.

I'm also sure you are correct in that they will have a load balancer directing traffic between different regions and can probably failover to east region for some traffic because at 12am it will probably get less load than the west at 9pm.

However, even with a cloud based deployment they'd need to have architected the system well so that it can scale out seamlessly and that's a big if.

I do think this will go much smoother than the reservation system because the code will mostly be running on the host and there shouldn't be any back end database bottle necks that you get trying to enter reservations sequentially.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and Price goes live tonight at 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time (11:01 PM Central / 9:01 PM Pacific).

From the FordBronco Instagram

Ford Bronco Official: Bronco Build & Price Goes Live Tonight @ 12:01AM EST F40B6B0B-0832-40FD-B71B-E864EE222F8A

Ford Bronco Official: Bronco Build & Price Goes Live Tonight @ 12:01AM EST F40B6B0B-0832-40FD-B71B-E864EE222F8A

I'm not seeing this on Ford.com, I got no email notification. Poor communications by Ford!

Status
Not open for further replies.