First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think it will be too bad. The site crashed on the launch because that was a nationally promoted event with short films on different stations and everything. The only people who are waiting to jump on B&P right at 9:01 are on this forum and other similar ones. No one else is in a rush to figure out what they are going to order, 2 months before they can do so.

With that said, can't wait to check it out at 9:01!
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oct 23rd 12 AM

5ef582fc0002277404089bf94fb93523.gif

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be checking at midnight Eastern but I think it's actually going to go live at 01:01 AM Eastern. There will also likely be a waiting room to handle the load and keep the site up. I really don't think the site will crash but you may have to wait awhile before you can actually get in.
Looks like it was updated to 12:01 Eastern.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Their stuff is cloud based now so technically there "shouldn't" be scaling issues.
Which we found out on July 13th, in which they did have scaling issues. Here is my problem with Ford being in the cloud, as you say. You pay all that money to be there (in the Cloud), for what, to see your reservation system go down in a ball of flames within the first few minutes. If they couldn't scale resources then, they may not be able to scale for B&P, and this B&P is a new system, forget about it, they dont know how the "Cloud" works to begin with. Probably still building it on JAVA. I dont have a whole lot of confidence in their rockstars.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

why dont they just release it now? Why does B&P have to be a spectacle?
Telling by the cluster f**ck of this launch that would mean Ford would have to look at what the customers would prefer. They are already deep into the rabbit hole of pissing us off so they might as well just keep going.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The B&P page is gonna crash so hard when it launches. :ROFLMAO:

Either way, against my better judgement I am primed and ready for 11:01pm Central Time!

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the materials walk through won't come to fruition since the B&P will be released... guess that's not surprising??‍♂?‍♂

Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which we found out on July 13th, in which they did have scaling issues. Here is my problem with Ford being in the cloud, as you say. You pay all that money to be there (in the Cloud), for what, to see your reservation system go down in a ball of flames within the first few minutes. If they couldn't scale resources then, they may not be able to scale for B&P, and this B&P is a new system, forget about it, they dont know how the "Cloud" works to begin with. Probably still building it on JAVA. I dont have a whole lot of confidence in their rockstars.
Part of the problem with the reservation issue was that because you were giving credit card, name, address info all of those interactions are considered "dynamic" meaning they need to go back to a main server(s) and database to be stored and then tied to every page request after that. Since the build and price shouldn't require any of this info most of it can be considered static and cacheable, meaning it doesn't have to go back to the main servers / databases and can be replicated in the cloud. That cloud is already scaled to 100,000X of the number of servers they likely have (an east and west typically). This "should" be a much better experience than the reservation fiasco.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't wait for B&P to finally launch so I can cut back on checking this forum every hour, and being emotionally drained from reading all of the insufferable negative comments.

Can. Not. Wait.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In before 80% of the forums get spinning wheel of death from the B&P site