First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unpopular opinion, but I love the fender vinyl badging.
I don't mind it either, somewhat reminds me of a sleeve tattoo, for some reason. That abrupt ending at the wrist maybe.

Square flares are cool. Snorkel is hokey, but still kind of outlandish in it's own way. Model specific color is interesting, even if it is beige. But it works on this trim.

Factory winch might be the ultimate accessory for posers. My best guess is 90% never get used. It's like a spare tire, but a winch.

Still, it needs to be a 2-door.

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The squared fenders are much better looking to me than the standard rounded ones. I also love the color, reminds me of sand storm color from 08/09 FJ before they made the sand color darker.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The squared fenders are much better looking to me than the standard rounded ones. I also love the color, reminds me of sand storm color from 08/09 FJ before they made the sand color darker.
Love the FJ reference

Br0k3N_AxL3

Badlands
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Bronco, '11 F150, '88 Bronco, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you are stirring the pot with such a supposition. But it certainly would streamline production at MAP. They could always bring back the 2.7 for MY'25.
Bro, if they got rid of the 2.7l and only sold a 4 cylinder, I'd go buy a Jeep. I've held out from converting to Jeeps my whole life and been a die hard Bronco fan. But if they ditch the only desirable option, I'd either get a full size Gen 5 Bronco and build it or get a Jeep. Either way, I'd never buy a new Ford again. They can try and push whatever "normal" that they want, doesn't mean it's the best or desirable answer and will just push people away from the brand.

Sponsored

Deleted member 29556

Who asked for the everglades ? Looks like black diamond with couple upgrades and a snorkel and w wintch, there is nothing exciting to me and probably most of us bronco enthusiasts with this model. Ford just produce what people ordered!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bro, if they got rid of the 2.7l and only sold a 4 cylinder, I'd go buy a Jeep. I've held out from converting to Jeeps my whole life and been a die hard Bronco fan. But if they ditch the only desirable option, I'd either get a full size Gen 5 Bronco and build it or get a Jeep. Either way, I'd never buy a new Ford again. They can try and push whatever "normal" that they want, doesn't mean it's the best or desirable answer and will just push people away from the brand.
And that is fair. The 2.7 availability or lack there of is a deal breaker for some. But let's not ignore the fact that it would certainly streamline production of the Bronco. And while they may lose a customer over such a decision, Ford will still sell every single Bronco produced even if they only had the 2.3L.

All of this is just speculation and supposition, but IMO, they offered too many trims/options for the launch. They shot themselves in the proverbial foot over-complicating production. They would have been better served to have a limited trim option for MY'21. Introduce more trims for MY'22 and by MY'23 roll out the full compliment of trims/options. Those who chose to wait would not have Ford to blame for the delays. Instead, we have individuals who reserved on the first day waiting for a loaded Badlands or other highly constrained trim placing much deserved blame on Ford. If those same highly constrained trims were purposely delayed until MY'23, then no blame could be cast and buyer's would be forced to patiently wait.

For example, Base, Black Diamond, OBX (limited to High), Badlands (limited to Mid), FE should have been the MY'21 trims/options with Sasquatch only available on the Black Diamond or OBX (not counting the FE as it was included). For MY'22, the Big Bend could have been introduced with the same restrictions on Sasquatch. For MY'23 expand Sasquatch option down to the Big Bend and expand High/Lux to OBX and Badlands. MY'24 could have introduced the 2.7L and the WT.

But thankfully for consumers, they have many options to build their desired Bronco and subsequently wait as Ford figures out how to meet the production demand. People want to offer excuses (C-19, supply chain, chips, etc.), but at some point the excuses aren't valid. Ford chose to compete with Stellantis' Jeep. Ford's best month of Bronco production in MY'21 was still 3000 less than Stellantis' worst month of Jeep production in MY'21.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure I like the MIC with the tan, but I like the color reference. Like this?

Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability IMG_1301.JPG

82BroncoATX

Badlands
First Name
Barnett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 21 Bronco, 14 HD Dyna, 15 HD XL1200X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its quite infuriating they make a color like that and give all these restrictions;
No Manual
No 2-dr
This is a hot new color with the Desert sand, but I cant get it with the right equipment, hell it isnt even top of the line but its priced like it is....wth Ford?!

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford screwed the pooch with the Everglades.

Colors - The Limited Edition Colors should have been a choice of either Florida State Seminoles' Gold and Garnet Red or Florida Gators' Blue and Orange.

Seat Covers - Alligator Hide Leather or a colorful Seminole Textile weave

Leather Covered Steering Wheel - Snakeskin! Python Snakeskin!

And a portion of Ford's profits from each Bronco Everglade sold goes to....wait for it.....Everglades Water, Plant and Wildlife Restoration. The Everglades is dying and not enough is has been done to stop destruction for the last 50 years.

Ford blew a perfect PR opportunity. Blew it.
Can’t get federal funding for needed Everglades wafer resvoir

Sponsored

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do 2 door on its way out? Seems like Ford is streamlining options and 2 doors are probably less profitable. Pure speculation.

Br0k3N_AxL3

Badlands
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Bronco, '11 F150, '88 Bronco, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And that is fair. The 2.7 availability or lack there of is a deal breaker for some. But let's not ignore the fact that it would certainly streamline production of the Bronco. And while they may lose a customer over such a decision, Ford will still sell every single Bronco produced even if they only had the 2.3L.

All of this is just speculation and supposition, but IMO, they offered too many trims/options for the launch. They shot themselves in the proverbial foot over-complicating production. They would have been better served to have a limited trim option for MY'21. Introduce more trims for MY'22 and by MY'23 roll out the full compliment of trims/options. Those who chose to wait would not have Ford to blame for the delays. Instead, we have individuals who reserved on the first day waiting for a loaded Badlands or other highly constrained trim placing much deserved blame on Ford. If those same highly constrained trims were purposely delayed until MY'23, then no blame could be cast and buyer's would be forced to patiently wait.

For example, Base, Black Diamond, OBX (limited to High), Badlands (limited to Mid), FE should have been the MY'21 trims/options with Sasquatch only available on the Black Diamond or OBX (not counting the FE as it was included). For MY'22, the Big Bend could have been introduced with the same restrictions on Sasquatch. For MY'23 expand Sasquatch option down to the Big Bend and expand High/Lux to OBX and Badlands. MY'24 could have introduced the 2.7L and the WT.

But thankfully for consumers, they have many options to build their desired Bronco and subsequently wait as Ford figures out how to meet the production demand. People want to offer excuses (C-19, supply chain, chips, etc.), but at some point the excuses aren't valid. Ford chose to compete with Stellantis' Jeep. Ford's best month of Bronco production in MY'21 was still 3000 less than Stellantis' worst month of Jeep production in MY'21.
True, but I know a lot of folks that laugh at a 4 cylinder and honestly hate the noise. It's not utilitarian enough to overcome the desire for what a lot of the adventure consumer wants. I want more out of an engine a 4 banger will give me. 4 cylinder just doesn't create torque the same way a larger displacement engine does. I have a V8 6.2l in my F150... that burns gas and in CA is miserable. Communism sucks. So dropping to less cylinders is a good option, especially if you're going way out until the boonies like in Alaska, which I'd love to do. But going too small will leave you with an engine that just can't perform a well as a V6 or V8 in a lot of situations. That 6.2l with 37s and 4.88 gears crawls up anything.... it's like cheating. I could probably step back to 4.56 gearing and that engine will still perform because the torque down low is just magical. Can't get that out of a 4 cylinder. Just can't. So it's not utilitarian enough of an engine to keep customers.

I figured it was only speculation on your part, so I'm not really stressed about it. My point was that would be the straw breaking the camel's back and I'd walk away from the brand. At least with new vehicles. There's a ton of others that will too. That's less speculation and more observation of more than just this forum. Obviously I can't claim that's a hard and fast fact. Just sayin from seeing the frustration of a community that has existed longer than those people at Ford have held their positions with the Bronco. Maybe even in the company.

But sometimes it seems as if a company will push a product when no one is asking for it (like an EcoBoost). The Coyote V8 lives on because people want it despite Ford trying to replace it in all of the vehicles that they can. The gas mileage of the V8 honestly isn't much worse than a TT V6 in some cases, but on average it's still pretty close. Driver dependant, of course. Someone chime in if you know for a fact that was that stupid MPG pet lineup cap that auto makers got hit with. If you're only asking the younger generation what they want (or if your staff is obviously going to be full of younger folks with specific ideas), they want the small engines with high gas mileage so they can commute to their miserable job in traffic without going broke. (Climate discussion aside, that's a while other bag of worms) If that's your only metric for opinions, especially among those that with at Ford, then you don't get a proper cross section of your clientele. Ford can build what Ford wants, doesn't mean people want it. Therfore in my opinion it'll kill certain models. The Bronco is one of them. The Bronco Sport has a 4 cylinder, push the customers looking for a 4 cylinder to that model. If they're hell bent on a full size, then they have the option already. They're set and taken care of, but they're not going to be hard core off roaders. Enough to get over that dirt road with your Honda Ridgeline HPD buddy and go home. The off road buyers need an engine choice that gets the job done. That's what the Bronco was made for. You don't need a stroked and blown 46,050.0 liter V18 with straight pipes, but some versatility in the torque band is nice.

Ford knew from decades of forums and conversations what people wanted and tried to give it to them. Had they only launched with a 4 cylinder, it would've flopped. Same if they were to drop the V6 now. If they want to tank the Bronco, they never should've brought it back. Engine options in the Everglades should've been better, but I think I'll just mod a Badlands if I intend to get near deep water or have extended trips in dust because it still has more capability with the sta-bar disconnect and a front camera. Add a snorkel and longer differential vents and you're in business. Dependant of course on keeping the V6. I'm not about to fight for a shot at Bronco Raptor. At that point just peel back and build a FSB or EB and enjoy it.

As far as streamlining the production, I'm pretty sure that the 2.7l was already able to be punched out on that production line, so that's why it shares a platform with the Ranger. I know that's only 4 cylinder, which is why I've never even remotely considered a Ranger and almost left Fords for a Jeep Wrangler or Toyota Tacoma/4Runner. Heard the Bronco was coming back, so I held off. But the 2.7l was already in a lot of vehicles and was an easy work-around. So I don't think that would change it. Their supply issues are the only issue at this point. They can thank all these governments that overreacted to COVID for that nonsense.

Thinking about it, the only reasons that I can think of that would make the 4 cylinder the only engine option would be that they need to design different snorkels for each engine and just decided not to put that time and effort into it. Different intake location under the hood, volume requirements, testing, etc. Someone also mentioned (may have been you) with the FE, WT, and BR getting a standard V6, maybe they tried to tip the scales the other way. Idk, I'm not a mind reader even though my wife just assumes I am. Also, to your point, keeping the V6 out of it would at least streamline just the Everglades production and lessen the demand and strain of building thousands of units while also losing out on all those other models that buyers would be changing away from. They're dropping the Raptor until that same assembly line, so it's gonna bottle neck the process even more now.

Or maybe Webasto is making the snorkel too and they just can't fathom keeping up with that demand ;):LOL: haha.

Original point: Ford, don't drop the V6 from the Bronco. That's all you've got going for you right now.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no idea why folks feel the need to bash the 2.3L. The engine is fine and works well in the Bronco. If you don't want it, don't buy it. To say it isn't up to the task whether commuting or back country exploring is wrong and silly. I've had 2.5L 4 cylinder off road trucks that will go farther off road and into more wild places than a lot of V8s. So they are half the engine than what is in my '75 EB (literally)...I like them just as much as my EB...just a different flavor.

They are offering the 2.3L in the Everglades as a business decision so that they have a better chance of actually producing them...while maybe filling some more of the existing orders folks have for 2.7L engines.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no idea why folks feel the need to bash the 2.3L. The engine is fine and works well in the Bronco. If you don't want it, don't buy it. To say it isn't up to the task whether commuting or back country exploring is wrong and silly. I've had 2.5L 4 cylinder off road trucks that will go farther off road and into more wild places than a lot of V8s. So they are half the engine than what is in my '75 EB (literally)...I like them just as much as my EB...just a different flavor.

They are offering the 2.3L in the Everglades as a business decision so that they have a better chance of actually producing them...while maybe filling some more of the existing orders folks have for 2.7L engines.
My old Land Rover has a rather anemic naturally aspirated 4cyl engine. Yet over the years, people have explored the world in these vehicles. In the end the amount of adventure people have in the Bronco, will be determine by what the driver is up for, not 4cyl vs 6cyl.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My old Land Rover has a rather anemic naturally aspirated 4cyl engine. Yet over the years, people have explored the world in these vehicles. In the end the amount of adventure people have in the Bronco, will be determine by what the driver is up for, not 4cyl vs 6cyl.
Agreed. I've run three Pinzgauers with 2.5L air-cooled slant 4-cylinders that are extremely robust. All of 90hp. More than enough power and torque for trail running or overlanding. Driver ability and how you set up your rig is more important.
Sponsored