Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Theres been 8,097,457 threads on this already.
There needs to be more threads about this. Ford needs a bulletin to not mount these ugly things on there. Looks like an after thought by a very lazy engineer
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There needs to be more threads about this. Ford needs a bulletin to not mount these ugly things on there. Looks like an after thought by a very lazy engineer
Alright, go ahead and come up with a better looking solution then.

The fact is, front plates almost always look out of place. They aren't designing vehicles in specific ways to make the front plate look good, and frankly, why would they. That would just be stupid. Not even all states require it, and even in those that do it isn't always enforced. I don't run front plates on most of my vehicles, despite living where it's required.

There is simply no good place to put the front plate on the bronco, especially with the mod bumper. It can't go lower on either bumper because of the intercooler, and it can't go to the side on the mod bumper because the ends come off. You could hang it from the top two bolts I suppose, but it would still look goofy.

There's a really simple solution to this if you care so much. Ask your dealer not to install it, and come up with a better way yourself, as you clearly have a better idea.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright, go ahead and come up with a better looking solution then.

The fact is, front plates almost always look out of place. They aren't designing vehicles in specific ways to make the front plate look good, and frankly, why would they. That would just be stupid. Not even all states require it, and even in those that do it isn't always enforced. I don't run front plates on most of my vehicles, despite living where it's required.

There is simply no good place to put the front plate on the bronco, especially with the mod bumper. It can't go lower on either bumper because of the intercooler, and it can't go to the side on the mod bumper because the ends come off. You could hang it from the top two bolts I suppose, but it would still look goofy.

There's a really simple solution to this if you care so much. Ask your dealer not to install it, and come up with a better way yourself, as you clearly have a better idea.
Yep that’s what I do, I’ve redesigned many parts for manufacturers. I’m looking forward to making a different setup.
And more than half the state require it so that would be for the masses so why not come up with a better solution?
Also I have already told my dealer not to install mine when it shows up in a few weeks.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve done an ok job with the license plates in the past

D5D928AB-C4F1-42B0-B579-C0066D8069E0.jpeg

Sponsored

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I saw this post. Just called dealer to tell them not to put mine on My state doesn't require front plates but I live on border and ordered mine from a stat that does.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
My state requires front plates, but it's not really enforced, at least in my area. I didn't have front plates on my last vehicle and it was never a problem in 6 years. I'm going to tell the dealer to leave it off.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so, how's the front license plate attached??

the majority of the deliveries appear to be to states without a front plate requirement, so no front plate photos.

so i'm curious what the official ford solution for the front plate is.
does it attach to the grill or the bumper?
A96C9847-9C2C-42F4-BBBB-A8ABD59A3C19.jpeg

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep that’s what I do, I’ve redesigned many parts for manufacturers. I’m looking forward to making a different setup.
And more than half the state require it so that would be for the masses so why not come up with a better solution?
Also I have already told my dealer not to install mine when it shows up in a few weeks.
Let me know what you come up with!