Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Incredibly sad about the workers being laid off, but understandable. I think Ford is bracing themselves for the economy to go south. Just watch the other automakers in the next 1-3 months to see what they do. Typically, it takes just one big announcement in an industry and then the others follow.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Incredibly sad about the workers being laid off, but understandable. I think Ford is bracing themselves for the economy to go south. Just watch the other automakers in the next 1-3 months to see what they do. Typically, it takes just one big announcement in an industry and then the others follow.
I see it coming, it will be MY22 for everyone ...
Now you know the rest of the story...

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not cool...
I reserved at the end of the week of reservations opening...
And being Canadian, can I expect my Bronco by this time next year??
???

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think you might have missed some of the other headlines coming out with the Ford logo attached to them.
I think you may have missed some details in my post when you read it.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well us Canadians should get ours in summer 2022,we will let our brothers/sisters in the US work out the kinks.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...said no successful business tycoon ever! lol

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you may have missed some details in my post when you read it.
No I didn’t miss anything. You said they should have started a transition to full EV. Do you not consider their hybrid vehicles part of a transition? What about the Mach E? Or the E Transit? Or the charging network? They can’t just stop marking ICE vehicles today and EV tomorrow no one can do it and no one can afford it, and there isn’t an infrastructure in the US or the world that can handle it right now. They are just as far along as any of their competitors. If Ford doesn’t make it 3 or 4 years because they didn’t transition fast enough who will?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No I didn’t miss anything. You said they should have started a transition to full EV. Do you not consider their hybrid vehicles part of a transition? What about the Mach E? Or the E Transit? Or the charging network? They can’t just stop marking ICE vehicles today and EV tomorrow no one can do it and no one can afford it, and there isn’t an infrastructure in the US or the world that can handle it right now. They are just as far along as any of their competitors. If Ford doesn’t make it 3 or 4 years because they didn’t transition fast enough who will?
Don't forget the 2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel like Ford is Ebenezer Scrooge in this story. This is not even about me being upset about never getting a Bronco. I'm upset for the way these employees are being treated.
Very true. In my second life I saw this happen at the company I worked for. Siting the need to move production into one plant, (they wouldn't say that need came from moving our exports to overseas plants) they started with the contract workers. Thankfully that wasn't right at Christmas time, but it was still tough on the ones losing their job. They then moved on to a "buy out" for those eligible. It went fairly smooth, but was still stressful for some. Especially the new hires the company brought in about six moths earlier. At my age along with being in my second career, I jumped on the "buy out". It was that or move to Richmond, VA. I'd been there enough to know that wasn't going to happen. After they finished their buy out the company offered everyone left the chance to move to Richmond. It took them a couple of years, but everyone that wanted had the chance to move. I was quite proud of the company for taking care of it's workers. Hopefully Fords buy out works as smoothly, and I wish those affected much luck.

As far as when I'll get a Bronco, I'm not going to lose any sleep. I just thank the Lord all of my hard work has payed off to point I can buy one. It'll get here when it gets here. There's more important things in life.

Last edited:

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Staggered is the only way to ride! Nice stang ?
thanks - it's fun (tuned EcoBoost, intake/exhaust, bigger intercooler) ... it's only 4.5 years old and I have 84k on it... I'm looking forward to going in a totally different direction with my BadSquatch!

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right. And the whole EV requirement by 2035 stuff will be pushed back. Always was going to be, now it's just easy with covid as an excuse
Yeah, I mean great idea and all but if you’re still dealing with rolling brown outs and cutting power to prevent wildfires with less than 10% of the vehicles plugging in. There’s a lot of work to get to a point to support more folks plugging in their ride.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks - it's fun (tuned EcoBoost, intake/exhaust, bigger intercooler) ... it's only 4.5 years old and I have 84k on it... I'm looking forward to going in a totally different direction with my BadSquatch!
Selling my ? 2007-4.6 58k miles. Full bolt on, Cammed, headers, straight piped ect. Different direction coming from a Mustang for sure! .. Excited as can be tho!
IMG_20200229_181539_060.jpg

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The good about this for me.
trade in paid down more.
more saved for down payment.
it will be around 21 end of model year. If things go sour with Bronco, perfect time to move to something else.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.