North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

it will be around 21 end of model year. If things go sour with Bronco, perfect time to move to something else.
cough...

Toyota is basing the 6th gen 2023 4Runner on an entirely new platform and will be available in the fall of 2022. The new platform, not a refresh, called the TNGA-F, will be shared by the Tundra, Tacoma, Sequoia and 4Runner. While it will not be a direct competitor to the Bronco it will be competition some will consider a viable option.
Toyota is currently preparing to reveal a slew of all-new body-on-frame vehicles based on an upcoming TNGA-F architecture. The Toyota Tundra is slated to be the first of these new models in 2021 followed by a new Toyota 4Runner and Sequoia in 2022, then a new Tacoma in 2024.
https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-will-build-a-new-fj-cruiser-if-you-want-it
And as @Paint tells us, we should hear more about this winter:
FYI, 6th Gen 4Runner is due for 2022, and Toyota usually drops all their information around February/March. So in theory, you'll have plenty of time to make up your mind on 5th Gen 4Runner, 6th Gen 4Runner, or 6th Gen Bronco.
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it gets delayed to 22 and if the 22 Raptor does not have delays it will be a tough decision.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bottom line: what was the target delivery date, and what is the new target delivery date?
june and now they are saying summer so realistically august and on if not later but for now we have no idea

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just read that article about the 4Runner earlier today. A back up plan, maybe. In the meantime, I am going to get rims and tires on my truck and new seat covers. I have a few annoyances I am going to try to fix so I can keep holding what I got. I really feel like this is going to be another year wait.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No I didn’t miss anything. You said they should have started a transition to full EV. Do you not consider their hybrid vehicles part of a transition? What about the Mach E? Or the E Transit? Or the charging network? They can’t just stop marking ICE vehicles today and EV tomorrow no one can do it and no one can afford it, and there isn’t an infrastructure in the US or the world that can handle it right now. They are just as far along as any of their competitors. If Ford doesn’t make it 3 or 4 years because they didn’t transition fast enough who will?
And this is why they will be bankrupt and out of business in 3-4 years. I think you are getting it. All ICE vehicle manufacturers will suffer a similar fate.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And this is why they will be bankrupt and out of business in 3-4 years. I think you are getting it. All ICE vehicle manufacturers will suffer a similar fate.
You can build all of the EV's you want. If nobody buys them, what good is it? Mary Bara was talking about 30 new EV's and she was asked why they're also ramping up to build a higher number of Silverado's and SUV's. She pretty much talked around that.
I don't think Ford is seeing the amount of interest in the Mach E they were expecting either.
There are 3 or 4 EV models that are currently having issues with battery fires. Since they are all different brands, it can't help but cause the buying public to take a step back.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sadness creeps in to my Soul. Good thing I kept my Cybertruck reservation! lol

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The original point was spontaneous EV battery fires in at least 4 brands currently being studied causing concern. Ford postponed the Escape EV due to one of it's European models also having battery fires. GM is telling customers who own a Bolt to park them outside. Not exactly the kind of stuff confidence is built on.
EV fires tend to be newsworthy for no reason other than being EVs and new technology. I've seen two Chevrolet pickups on fire in the last month. They don't make the news.

I'd be curious to see the percentage of EV vs ICE vehicle fires.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had some bad expirences with battery packs my dewalt charger almost burned my shop,a buddy was charging a rc aircraft battery and almost lost his house shit happens gas is dangerous too .
I was in a tesla the other day and i kept thinking about all those little jumpers waiting to short out lol.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.