Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There have been 5 Bolt fires attributable to the battery and those were made in South Korea. The batteries are now made in Holland Michigan and are doing just fine and are not part of the recall. Again, people are taking a few incidents and acting like the sky is falling while acting like gasoline powered vehicles have no issues.

If a recall is the metric being used to judge overall brand confidence, there isn't a car manufacturer out there that we should trust.
Officials from all of these brands seemed to confirm there are problems. There is a class action lawsuit filed agains't GM. Ford went as far as postponing the EV Escape because it uses the same battery a European model also uses.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The class action lawsuit is by Bolt owners, meaning that it's the same matter as we've already discussed, the recall of the Bolt for battery issues. You are clearly trying to pile on by mentioning the lawsuit even after we've already discussed the battery issue and recall.

As I posted up above, KIA just announced a recall of 295,000 ICE vehicles due to a fire risk. I'm sure you'll now be just as critical of gasoline powered cars as you are of battery powered ones, right?
I'm only stating what the articles say and adding nothing of my own. When they quote officials from the various companies confirming these problems, that seems to hold water. It seems you clearly have an iron in the fire somewhere in this or you wouldn't be so upset with this. The whole point is with these issues coming from so many directions, people will hesitate to adopt this technology and many more regulations will be put in place as the results of accidents play out.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You ain't seen nothing yet comrade. I heard Venezuela has good zoo animal cook books. Did you know in the late 90s they were the second largest purchaser of the F150 then an election took place and destroyed that country.

Last edited:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You ain't seen nothing yet comrade. I heard Venezuela has good zoo animal cook books. Did you know in the late 90s they were the largest purchaser of the F150 then an election took place and destroyed that country.
I lived there for a spell and loved the people, food, landscape and culture.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really feeling bad for all the workers who got laid off. Especially around Christmas time. ?

my company did the same thing this year and let go of all the contractors. ?

maybe we’ll all get the things we want with all these delays.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They laid off 1,400 people with 30 years of experience, within just a handful of years from retiring??! That's a scummy frickin low blow move. Not impressed. Lay off the the inexperienced fresh grads that haven't earned 30 years of raises. Nobodies going to hire a 60-something year old and pay then nearly as much as they were making. These people just got screwed

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They laid off 1,400 people with 30 years of experience, within just a handful of years from retiring??! That's a scummy frickin low blow move. Not impressed. Lay off the the inexperienced fresh grads that haven't earned 30 years of raises. Nobodies going to hire a 60-something year old and pay then nearly as much as they were making. These people just got screwed
They weren't laid off though- it was all voluntary. They were offered early retirement, and with 30+ years they all have a pension with Ford. Part of the early retirement is access to their pension and keeping health insurance until Medicare kicks in. The pension is something ridiculous too, like 60% of your final salary in perpetuity....those guys are going to be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.