Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy complicated... And I reserved a soft top 4-door thinking it be easier than my hardtop jk... Looks like I was wrong. Ford's soft top sucks... They lost me at "located in the glove box is a strap". What a process:cautious:

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Holy complicated... And I reserved a soft top 4-door thinking it be easier than my hardtop jk... Looks like I was wrong. Ford's soft top sucks... They lost me at "located in the glove box is a strap". What a process:cautious:
I was over here thinking it looked pretty easy, and easy to completely remove. Lol.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was over here thinking it looked pretty easy, and easy to completely remove. Lol.
Compared to the jeep? Not really although I am basing it off of the one time I helped my buddy remove his... Latch, flip, unzip rear windows, flip again.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Compared to the jeep? Not really although I am basing it off of the one time I helped my buddy remove his... Latch, flip, unzip rear windows, flip again.
So on the JKUR, the untucking I have to do to to flip the sun rider back, and the unzipping to remove the windows to fold the top down, or open the rear window take more time that the Bronco. However, once my top is folded down, I just pull the four quick release knuckles and remove the top (and I am betting it weighs less - one person certainly can remove it).

I know later models with heavier canvas tops have different bow mechanisms that are spring loaded and require unbolting. The Bronco version May be easier to remove than those.

They lost me at "located in the glove box is a strap".
FWIW, Jeep uses the same velcro strap when the sunrider is open, so nothing new.

Last edited:

Bunk M

Outer Banks
First Name
Bunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 15 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't take mine completely off, I just took my windows off. They came off fast and smoothly.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What a complainer. They're showing at least 5 different configurations, so those are a lot of steps. Folding it back, taking the side windows off, taking the rear window off, folding it back more, removing it completely. Once removed completely, you can reinstall it into just as many configurations. The first is just one task, just screw it back on. Done.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s easy as hell to fold it down, and pretty easy to take it off, if for some reason you feel compelled to. Both are easier than on my TJ.

I only completely removed the soft top and frame from the body one time, right after I got it, because I liked how it looked that way. Huge pain in the ass to put it back on, at least compared to any difference in appearance.

And putting the damn plastic windows back on with the zippers? Fuck that. I took them off in May and put them back on in October.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if I have no friends?

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once I took my TJ soft top completely off it was such a pain in the ass with all the bows and framing I just threw it away and bought an aftermarket to put back on. This looks hands down easy.

It’s easy as hell to fold it down, and pretty easy to take it off, if for some reason you feel compelled to. Both are easier than on my TJ.

I only completely removed the soft top and frame from the body one time, right after I got it, because I liked how it looked that way. Huge pain in the ass to put it back on, at least compared to any difference in appearance.

And putting the damn plastic windows back on with the zippers? Fuck that. I took them off in May and put them back on in October.
Sponsored