First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm gonna be stubborn AF, I'm ordering what I want "potential" commodity restraints be damned
Same here brother, if I’m paying 44 to 54k I’m gettin exactly what I want. ??
Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A lot of people (including me switched to Granger). They are probably not going to divulge allocations. I am probably at 25-30% of first reservation holders but have no late availability options other than 2 door (Big Bend manual, locking rear diff, no other options). If Granger gets appropriate allocations for the number of reservations I am expecting fall delivery of a 21my. Being late July and having any later availability items I am sure Albert is going to tell you to expect 22my.

Talking with Albert earlier this fall he didn't believe there was going to be a super high rate of conversions. Some of the customers were struggling to come up with money for deposits. How are they going to afford a $40k vehicle? Others will get frustrated, lost jobs from Covid, etc. will affect the conversion of Granger's 1300 reservations. Hopefully (for some of us) there will be closer to 60% or less conversion rate and people higher on the list will want multiple late availability options which will delay their delivery and move others with simpler build up higher on the list.

But I could be full a crap also.

By the time Albert and Zach get to later reservations calls to place orders they should have a much better idea on conversion rates and potential allocations. We will all know in May when (if) Ford can get out expected delivery dates to everyone.
Zach Westrum (Granger’s owner) has publicly stated that the majority of Granger’s reservations were placed after 10/1/20.*

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-allocations-released-to-dealers.11073/post-404096

*Note: Zach’s response got buried inside Rubisquatch’s quote, but the words at the end are clearly Zach’s.

So if Granger has ~1,200 total reservations — not “official”, just an educated guess — that means that approximately 600 — maybe less, maybe more — were dated pre-9/18 and used for the initial MY21 allocation estimate.

In other words, ~600 x 30% = ~180 in Granger’s initial estimate of its MY21 allocation. That number is clearly going to change in a few months, when the order window closes.

Personally, I think Zach’s final allocation is going to be MUCH higher, because a bunch of people are transferring to Granger for various reasons:

a) they prefer Granger’s business model and customer focus,
b) they don’t like their initial placement at their local dealer,
c) their local dealer never called or emailed, or
d) their local dealer is clueless.

At the end of the day, I believe Granger, Iowa is going to be Broncotown, USA, and that status will have been well earned. :cool:
i agree with your posts.

One, Granger is banking on they will convert more reservations to orders than anybody else, because they came here to find the people that are most likely to convert. Other dealers will have a much lower conversion rate. Granger is hoping to pickup additional allocation based on the number of converted orders.

Two, Granger has a large number of reservations in the first place, because buyers are cost motivated and prefer a straight forward transaction without all the sales BS/extra fees. These people will wait to get these benefits. For the people entering the order process at other dealers they are quickly going to realize that a majority of dealers are going to be MSRP and above plus they don’t have any MY21 allocation either.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2022 will be mechanically and electrically sorted, with better interior and exterior colors. The back of the line might be the hot spot.
Ford has been developing the MY21 Bronco for 5+ years. They started with a blank page and 95% of their work was done in a pre-pandemic booming economy. If they couldn't figure it out working in Shangri-La, I doubt they will fare any better constrained by the existing design and working in a much more challenging environment.

MY21 could be the basis for future improvement...but it could just as easily be the high-water mark.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One question I have yet to see asked or answered is, if and when we place our orders before March 19th and lock in our model and options and then wait until May to see where we stand in the allocation process then get told we will be getting/being forced into a MY22, is the agreed upon price on our original order good for MY22 models, or more than likely we will have to pay increased MSRP's and option package prices for the MY22's? I think we all know the answer to this question.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zach Westrum (Granger’s owner) has publicly stated that the majority of Granger’s reservations were placed after 10/1/20.*

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-allocations-released-to-dealers.11073/post-404096

*Note: Zach’s response got buried inside Rubisquatch’s quote, but the words at the end are clearly Zach’s.

So if Granger has ~1,200 total reservations — not “official”, just an educated guess — that means that approximately 600 — maybe less, maybe more — were dated pre-9/18 and used for the initial MY21 allocation estimate.

In other words, ~600 x 30% = ~180 in Granger’s initial estimate of its MY21 allocation. That number is clearly going to change in a few months, when the order window closes.

Personally, I think Zach’s final allocation is going to be MUCH higher, because a bunch of people are transferring to Granger for various reasons:

a) they prefer Granger’s business model and customer focus,
b) they don’t like their initial placement at their local dealer,
c) their local dealer never called or emailed, or
d) their local dealer is clueless.

At the end of the day, I believe Granger, Iowa is going to be Broncotown, USA, and that status will have been well earned. :cool:
I never saw this post by Zach, makes sense. I was using the number another member stated he heard granger received around 200 reservations after the September allocation window...
Either way I am most likely out of MY21and who know with more transfers into Granger I will be shoved further down the list...

Oh well come to my great state of Iowa and spend your cash....

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Knowing the commodity issues, is Ford doing what they can to mitigate the situation? As in working with their suppliers to you know, make more of those things ?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never saw this post by Zach, makes sense. I was using the number another member stated he heard granger received around 200 reservations after the September allocation window...
Either way I am most likely out of MY21and who know with more transfers into Granger I will be shoved further down the list...

Oh well come to my great state of Iowa and spend your cash....
If more people transfer in and convert to orders, Granger’s allocation number will likely go up in the final allocation calculation. Your relative position could go up or down, depending on your reservation date and time stamp relative to the new transfers.

Ford wants to sell Broncos, so the allocations are going to go to where the buyers end up. Many of these incompetent dealers who don’t have a clue or don’t reach out to their customers to convert orders are going to lose orders and allocations.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If more people transfer in and convert to orders, Granger’s allocation number will likely go up in the final allocation calculation. Your relative position could go up or down, depending on your reservation date and time stamp relative to the new transfers.
Yep totally get that but thanks...

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your number 5 as of now... Unless someone slips in with a earlier timestamp... Crazy thing is it can happen!
True. Although, I am hearing that some dealers are not planning to let people who switch NOW get in based on their timestamp. They are automatically kicking them to a MY22. I know I read that in a thread on here somewhere... Not sure if this is accurate... or even allowed by Ford.
Dealers who have loyal customers that can get pushed out by people moving their reservation at the last minute would have "some splaining to do". That is going to hurt those dealers. Having a loyal customer base is far more important than a one off sale... IMHO. I guess the dealer could tell a person who switched that they did not "make the cut". That lie would be on them. They could also say that they are not giving any special deals to people that move now, making much more profit to offset the lost customer.
We will see how it all shakes out.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has stated that reservations do not have an expiration date and remain valid until the customer cancels
Hmmm... I thought if we didn't place an order by March then Ford would assume we aren't getting a Bronco and refund the $100. This still needs clarification. Is my dealer supposed to contact Ford and tell them "hold my spot" I'm waiting for the 22's?

Sponsored

BroncoShelby

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition,BMW 650 Convert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True. Although, I am hearing that some dealers are not planning to let people who switch NOW get in based on their timestamp. They are automatically kicking them to a MY22. I know I read that in a thread on here somewhere... Not sure if this is accurate... or even allowed by Ford.
Dealers who have loyal customers that can get pushed out by people moving their reservation at the last minute would have "some splaining to do". That is going to hurt those dealers. Having a loyal customer base is far more important than a one off sale... IMHO. I guess the dealer could tell a person who switched that they did not "make the cut". That lie would be on them. They could also say that they are not giving any special deals to people that move now, making much more profit to offset the lost customer.
We will see how it all shakes out.
This is the exact point I was trying to make earlier! There is soo much information on this site and more is being released every minute, so I know the answer is probably buried somewhere. That being said, I think this is a huge question that needs to be answered!

1. If you are currently slotted for one of your dealers (preliminary) allocations and (have probably built a good relationship with that dealer) a early timestamped reservation transfers to your dealer..... Do you get bumped?? My dealer only has 10 allocations and I am one of those, but I have a very late reservation timestamp (October).

2. If you get pushed to the 2022 model year, will you pay the 2021 price. Every model that oversells the first year (see Hellcat, Shelby 350, C7, C8 etc..) gets a nice little price bump the second year. Waiting for a 2022 is one thing, but paying extra and possibly loosing some key options .... well thats a double negative lol. Even if your at a dealer for less than MSRP... if you get bumped to 2022 and there is a price jump, there is a possibility you break even or in most cases come out behind.

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
All of this “late availability” screams that this launch is going to be a disaster. The MAP team is one of the best at launches and I feel as if the change agents at the management level are making things way too difficult.

If the engineers and launch team had a consistent design phase and then it gets changed, you have to account for anything that change affects. I have a bad feeling that not accounting for these changes upfront could lead to a launch disaster.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs