First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already have a Wrangler, and it will go anywhere the Bronco will with less torque. While the Bronco is built to go off road, the Jeep is also. The fact you stated is correct, and those people will make up the vast majority of people that will want, or buy the Bronco. And, those are the ones that will be more concerned with mpgs than those that use there's primarily off road. And those are the ones that will give Ford the profit they want in this venture. I just think it's short sighted on Fords part to not be more concerned with 2-3 more mpgs. As I've stated many times we will use our Bronco like we do our Jeep. that will be for long road trips (where that 2-3 more mpgs will make a big difference), and light off roading where mpgs aren't a concern.

I'm not saying I won't move forward with buying a Bronco. Just stating how I see it.
I have a wrangler as well but you will need to put a lift on it to fit 35's $$$$$$, then factor in trail turn assist and other things the jeep doesn't have. Once I put 35's on my wrangler I had to gear it to do well rock crawling $$$$$$ all of this equals lots and lots of money. If I added trail turn assist to the jeep ( for sake of conversation) it would cost a tremendous amount. $$$$$$
All I'm saying is the balance is either pay for all of this on your jeep and ruin the MPG it has or be happy the way the jeep is without some of this. The cool thing about the Bronco is that you buy it and you don't have to add any of this. That savings alone is very awesome.
Maybe in your case or someone else, you actually need an explorer or a Subaru, they do minor four wheeling and haul a family around. Not trying to argue but there are many options for familys to go out and do a variety of things. I feel like the Bronco is a specialized vehicle. It will not appeal to lots of people. I agree with you, If you have a Jeep and its doing what you like with your family,...why change??
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

not particularly impressive, a bit more range would have been nice. It's a bit better than my almost 19 year old Taco and has a larger tank, but more range is always better than less. Not a fan of jerry cans and all that.
Now let's get these things to people so we can see some real world numbers!

Will be interesting to compare different roof combos, if they make much of a difference on and off.
Oliver, that's exactly what I'm waiting for before I make my final decision. That along with numbers from the EPA should be more believable than numbers that seem to have no origin.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those numbers look like about what we expected. I do think they are on the conservative side.... But I guess time will tell. When I say conservative side I mean for me. Lol. I always get decent mileage. From the sounds of some of you guys and how you drive... "I leave it in sport all the time and shut traction off weehooooo"... You guys will be lucky to get 10mpg. Then you'll come here and bitch about it and call out ford and say the bronco is a pos.... Beaners.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a wrangler as well but you will need to put a lift on it to fit 35's $$$$$$, then factor in trail turn assist and other things the jeep doesn't have. Once I put 35's on my wrangler I had to gear it to do well rock crawling $$$$$$ all of this equals lots and lots of money. If I added trail turn assist to the jeep ( for sake of conversation) it would cost a tremendous amount. $$$$$$
All I'm saying is the balance is either pay for all of this on your jeep and ruin the MPG it has or be happy the way the jeep is without some of this. The cool thing about the Bronco is that you buy it and you don't have to add any of this. That savings alone is very awesome.
Maybe in your case or someone else, you actually need an explorer or a Subaru, they do minor four wheeling and haul a family around. Not trying to argue but there are many options for familys to go out and do a variety of things. I feel like the Bronco is a specialized vehicle. It will not appeal to lots of people. I agree with you, If you have a Jeep and its doing what you like with your family,...why change??
Jeff, no worries brother. We're not arguing, we're just stating our highly rated, and most valuable opinions. :)

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
hard to believe there is no difference in mileage between 2 door and 4 door
Same wind resista
The 4Runner will get the same mileage or worse. The 4Runner is pretty much guaranteed to last longer and require less maintenance. You won't get the removable top, but you do get the lowering back window which is cool. I've had 3 4Runners (3rd, 4th and 5th Gen) and have nothing bad to speak of with any of them. I'm still getting my Bronco for the cool factor and removeable roof. Maybe do a drivetrain swap in the future to Toyota if those Dana 44's are as weak as they are in Jeeps.
Toyotas don't always last longer and require less maintenance. Back in 2004 I needed a truck to pull a small boat and shopped for an older one (cheap). I Looked at everything in town including Toyotas. One Toyota priced at $1500 leaked oil so bad you could watch it run out, and it leaked gasoline if the tank was more than half full. It had 150K miles and was a total rust bucket, I would have walked for $300. I ended up getting a 4cyl Ranger which turned out to be very reliable still in grate shape when I sold it.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming the MPGs listed reflect non-ethanol premium fuel. Most fuel here in flyover country has ethanol 'to support the farmers'. I expect a 1-2mpg+ dip with that. I was hoping to get better fuel economy numbers than my current pig Jeep. I guess not.

ldstruckn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, xterra pro4-x, 2018 sti, bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
that is so much lower than I expected. I drive a 2020 Raptor fully loaded and get better mpg. Something is off about those numbers. I am in the Denver and Cheyenne areas. when i set the cruise to 65 I routinely get 21-23 depending on summer or winter gas.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my original prediction didn't age well, this mileage is absolute trash. So trash that I honestly don't believe it. I think those numbers were set with "funhavers" behind the wheel. If I cant get mid-low 20's with the manual 2.3 on the highway i'll diesel swap just to pay respects to the apparently old idea of thermal efficiency.

Edit. Yea there is no way its this bad. I just cant buy it lol

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want to compare Bronco to other so called family SUVs or crossovers the Base or Big Bend non-Sas MPG is very respectable, and its a still a truck.

Sponsored

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These numbers are probably for premium fuel, doors and roof on, no gear, and a 100lbs 16 year old driving with a 70mph tail wind. :cool:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Toyotas don't always last longer and require less maintenance. Back in 2004 I needed a truck to pull a small boat and shopped for an older one (cheap). I Looked at everything in town including Toyotas. One Toyota priced at $1500 leaked oil so bad you could watch it run out, and it leaked gasoline if the tank was more than half full. It had 150K miles and was a total rust bucket, I would have walked for $300. I ended up getting a 4cyl Ranger which turned out to be very reliable still in grate shape when I sold it.
Finding one example of a crappy used truck does not prove any point. There is zero doubt that Toyotas have a great track record of reliability and low maintenance costs.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eco-mode what?! I can see more of us utilizing that now, annnd still bitching about it even being there....

Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy awkward-black

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that is so much lower than I expected. I drive a 2020 Raptor fully loaded and get better mpg. Something is off about those numbers. I am in the Denver and Cheyenne areas. when i set the cruise to 65 I routinely get 21-23 depending on summer or winter gas.
The air is less dense up there, about 84% of sea level in Cheyenne, so you need less power to maintain the same velocity. Less power needed with the tight fuel control of injection and O2 sensors means less fuel used. Think about how much less energy it would take to swim through water than jello...

You will get better economy than at sea level at highway speeds.
Sponsored