Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my original prediction didn't age well, this mileage is absolute trash. So trash that I honestly don't believe it. I think those numbers were set with "funhavers" behind the wheel. If I cant get mid-low 20's with the manual 2.3 on the highway i'll diesel swap just to pay respects to the apparently old idea of thermal efficiency.

Edit. Yea there is no way its this bad. I just cant buy it lol
I think every single Jeep owner looked at these numbers and quietly said to themselves: “Duh.”

Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy 1D9DCD27-40ED-442D-9C12-9A970C801C5B
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just filled my Excursion up and had to think and chuckle about this. If everything is going right the V10 will get me 8 mpg city/combined and maybe 11 on the highway. So if my Bronco does get 17 mpg that will be 11 mpg better average than what I drove daily from 09-14 every day through the $4.75/gal gas. The 44 gallon gas tank makes it nice though, range is still pretty good.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eco-mode what?! I can see more of us utilizing that now, annnd still bitching about it even being there....
Eco-mode will move us up to 17.3 miles per gallon. 😜

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep, the range is the aggravation. I grew up with 400 and 455 cubic inch engines, even with 20 plus gallon tanks, you were fueling up all the time. The Bronco will do better, but range anxiety in unfamiliar areas will be a thing.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some of these numbers make no sense to me, but whatever. I could get 20-22 mpg in my daily commute with both my Ranger 2.3 and prior to that my F-150 2.7. So I would think I can muster the same number from this Bronco. For people who have never driven an EcoBoost, you can achieve Eco or Boost. The laws of commonsense and physics prevent both together simultaneously.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sooooo...........now that we scared off all the "Rav4 future owners club" members........can we get back to the wheeling stuff?! You know, back to the bitching about not getting a Bronco sooner? I mean.......the line is shorter with all those orders from Rav4 owners being canceled, right?!

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finding one example of a crappy used truck does not prove any point. There is zero doubt that Toyotas have a great track record of reliability and low maintenance costs.
I didn't say it proved any point and generally agree, but it is not always the case. When I got my Mazda some of my friends (and the Toyota salesman) said it was really a Ford and would fall apart. Didn't happen, in fact its the only vehicle I've owned with zero issues aside from airbag recall after 11 years of stop & go driving.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah well those numbers kinda suck... Not like we will get them anytime soon anyways... Eh

Probably get better with a V8... But Ford didn't think we wanted that 🤷‍♂️
Thats worse than my F150 with the 2.7. Ill have to put 33s on my OBX with a gentler tread to get the mileage up.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that is so much lower than I expected. I drive a 2020 Raptor fully loaded and get better mpg. Something is off about those numbers. I am in the Denver and Cheyenne areas. when i set the cruise to 65 I routinely get 21-23 depending on summer or winter gas.
Fuel economy tests aren't setting the cruise at 65mph. Compare the EPA numbers on your raptor. Only fair comparison.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, I expected manual to have much better MPG than Auto...why's that? In all my VW over the years...the manual always got like 8-10 more MPG.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah well those numbers kinda suck... Not like we will get them anytime soon anyways... Eh

Probably get better with a V8... But Ford didn't think we wanted that 🤷‍♂️
Thats worse than my F150 with the 2.7. Ill have to put 33s on my OBX with a gentler tread to get the mileage up.
Mileage is one thing. Range is another. With a 16.9 gallon tank, fuel stations will be welcome sights when traveling. Almost as bad as my Harley.
Is that the tank, 16.9 gallons? All models?