markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Lift and 33" tires kills mpg on my TJ compared to no lift and 31" tires on my CJ7. CJ also has more friendly highway diff gears. I think JL and Bronco will be similar mpg if comparing like to like.

Also maybe it was brought up in the 30+ pages of this thread, but lower weight 2-door models should in theory get better mpg than heavier 4-doors? But on page one there was no differentiation.
You have to take reported mileage numbers with a grain of salt. People will report what they want to believe not necessarily the truth. Of course doubling tire weight and lowering gearing is going to affect mileage. Free energy is a myth folks. It's like the bimmer guys saying low profile tires doesn't affect ride. Newton's laws of physics is real it's not a myth.

Advertisement

Pittguy

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra. F250
2 door hard top. Open the windows at highway speed, greater drag with blinding vehicle interior debri flying everywhere. Why no at least pop open windows like an extended cab?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
About as much as the Explorer looks like a Mercedes sedan....you must have never seen either vehicle...or are as blind as a bat.
They copied the design straight from the 90's explorer, don't be mad.
Either way, it aint a Bronco.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

As a follow up to my post from last week.

Yesterday at another event here in the Dallas area the same rep showed me a text from one of his peers in another Bronco trip somewhere. That rep had driven 500 miles and claimed to have gotten 25mpg while driving at 75mph. Now clearly this conflicts with the semi-official mpg numbers and it conflicts with last weeks report.

Do any of you who are experienced with the 2.7 Ecoboost in other Ford products think this is even possible?
SAS?

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Via Bronco Nation

1620750232409.png

The competition

1620750480248.png

More reference points / technical specs chart for comparing the trims / models:

2021 Bronco official MPG fuel economy.png
Everyone fussing about the MPG numbers is either a troll or needs a reality check. This is a 4WD truck not a Prius. Its big boxy and heavy what did you expect? The Ram Warlock is rated 16/23. The Bronco at 20/22 is pretty good I'll take it! The Mercedes AMG G 63 4MATIC SUV is rated 13/15. So much for the Bronco being the only vehicle without a spread between city and highway ratings. That G will also set you back $150K.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Everyone fussing about the MPG numbers is either a troll or needs a reality check. This is a 4WD truck not a Prius. Its big boxy and heavy what did you expect? The Ram Warlock is rated 16/23. The Bronco at 20/22 is pretty good I'll take it! The Mercedes AMG G 63 4MATIC SUV is rated 13/15. So much for the Bronco being the only vehicle without a spread between city and highway ratings. That G will also set you back $150K.
The Ram has a 26 gallon tank though, it seems like other manufacturers know when to add a larger tank. I guess some folks don't mind fueling up every 3 hours.

That Mercedes is a nice ride ! You can get a nice low miles one for 50k, not much more than a Bronco WT. lol

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
The Ram has a 26 gallon tank though, it seems like other manufacturers know when to add a larger tank. I guess some folks don't mind fueling up every 3 hours.

That Mercedes is a nice ride ! You can get a nice low miles one for 50k, not much more than a Bronco WT. lol
Maybe its nice but no thanks I'll take a new Bronco for $34K. Its everything I need or want and while reasonable for a Bronco 20 MPG is pretty much where I draw the line. Regards.

markregel

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
I’ve never exceeded EPA in a Ford Ecoboost engine with an automatic transmission. I came close in my MkT with the 3.5TT. Funny enough that got better fuel economy than the MKC 2.3 we had for awhile.

I am well aware of how to get efficiency from an engine. I’m not hard on my Ranger but it’s still 15-20% off EPA. I don’t care, it just is what it is. I had my friend, who is a Ford engineer, drive my truck 400 miles round trip and complain about how poor the fuel economy is and tell me he gets better mileage with his Mustang GT.

Ford has had issues with EPA mileage. It’s a fact. They had to send me checks because of it.
Well you hear similar stories on almost any vehicle. I came across an article how RAM is way off on their numbers. The idea of EPA numbers is they are done in a controlled test so they should be good for comparison purposes. That said nothing is perfect. I can see a Mustang GT getting better mileage than any truck.

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement