Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time poster, long time lercher.

Is there something wrong with my BadSquatch? I'm getting 10.7mpg city and Baaaaaaaby the throttle especially during break in. I keep seeing people with the same package clocking 16-17. I love this thing, but ouch!!
it will be much better after 800 miles..also one of my turbo tubes was not attached ..so check on that..are you under boosting ?
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there something wrong with my BadSquatch? I'm getting 10.7mpg city and Baaaaaaaby the throttle especially during break in. I keep seeing people with the same package clocking 16-17. I love this thing, but ouch!!
Brook, I just bought my first turbo last year wrapped in a Ford Ranger. I was worried I had a lemmon at first myself. My problem was starting from a stop. Some smarter folks than me on the Ranger forum advised to pay attention when starting off. If you try to hard you're putting your foot in the turbo, and it's sucking gas really fast. When I finally figured it out the mpg's were much better. Try that to see if it helps. Plus, as stated above the engine needs a little breaking in time.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be very curious to do a fair comparison test between a JLU on 35’s vs a Bronco on 35’s as far as mileage is concerned. Just doing some research on the JL forums about half of people say that 35’s don’t affect the mileage too much, and half the people say they start getting 15-16 MPG. Would be interesting to see the difference.
I have two buddies with 35” tires on Rubicons and they both average 16mpg. Physics is real. If gas prices come back down most Bronco owners won’t care about mpg.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have found that I get upwards of 21 MPG if solely highway. Mixed with a majority around town and hilly backroads I have been averaging 17-18. Black Diamond 7MT. It all depends on how much fun I am having. I can't imagine larger tires and Panda tune is going to help 😆

I started using Fuelly and honestly the dash has been pretty accurate.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.7 BD

Last full tank was 21.5

The 100 miles pure slow highway since then are 22.1

Sponsored

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE and, after 700 miles, I'm getting 18.9 mixed highway/street and mountain roads.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics or it didn’t happen. ;)

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still waiting on reports from Badlands SAS owners driving at 75-85 mph.. NOBODY drives 60 in Texas...........
Thanks

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I get a Bronco and the same mileage as my gap vehicle (2018 3.5 NA Explorer)? Okay.

BroncoBrook

Badlands
First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My neighbor says he’s averaging right at 17 mpg for his 4dr wildtrak and has had it for about 2 months now, and that’s better than we get real world in our jk wrangler on 32” at tires. We live in a pretty bad area for good mpg’s (west Austin, a lot of hilly highway stop lights with breaking on downhills and accelerating to 60 mph on uphills). Short trips <5 miles and heavy idling with tons of stopping will result in well less than epa city mpg’s. But if your trips are over 5 miles and you’re baby-ing it, yeah, I’d say something ain’t right.
Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it.

Sponsored

BroncoBrook

Badlands
First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it will be much better after 800 miles..also one of my turbo tubes was not attached ..so check on that..are you under boosting ?
I'm just light footing it. Under boosting? Donno. I might take it to the stealership here pretty soon.

BroncoBrook

Badlands
First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics or it didn’t happen. ;)
Hahaha, is that how it works here?
Things are looking up, not 10.7......11.7. still very concerning. And, I only have 260 miles as you can see. Someone said it "!ay" get better with break in, who knows. But living in Cali, $90 bucks to fill this hog!
Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy 20211212_205129

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flip it while you can. I suspect the F150 Lightening and GMC Hummers will be the next big thing demanding tens of thousands over ADM, while the Bronco slides back to MSRP.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's because you're driving it with the brake on 🤣

No I think something is not right. Either you're very heavy footed, but you think you're being easy on it, or your engine is working a lot harder than it should be.

As mentioned, there was a person with their turbo hoses loose So the engine wasn't getting the boost it needed and so it was working much harder.

Which reminds me, one other idea would be that you're looking at average. If you were doing a lot of city driving (which also includes freeway with a lot of stop and go there in LA), then your average is going to be low.

When you are cruising down the freeway at say 55 or 60 MPH, what does it show for the current MPG?

Just to give and example, setting cruise control at 60 mph, my car gets 44 MPG. I speed up to 75 and I dropped down to about 37 MPG. However my average is 31 MPG because of the city stop and go part. That's a drop in over 10 mpg once you factor in a heavy foot and city traffic.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hahaha, is that how it works here?
Things are looking up, not 10.7......11.7. still very concerning. And, I only have 260 miles as you can see. Someone said it "!ay" get better with break in, who knows. But living in Cali, $90 bucks to fill this hog!
Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy 20211212_205129
I was really hoping for your sake that you'd accidentally set it to metric...
Sponsored