First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
About as much as the Explorer looks like a Mercedes sedan....you must have never seen either vehicle...or are as blind as a bat.
They copied the design straight from the 90's explorer, don't be mad.
Either way, it aint a Bronco.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a follow up to my post from last week.

Yesterday at another event here in the Dallas area the same rep showed me a text from one of his peers in another Bronco trip somewhere. That rep had driven 500 miles and claimed to have gotten 25mpg while driving at 75mph. Now clearly this conflicts with the semi-official mpg numbers and it conflicts with last weeks report.

Do any of you who are experienced with the 2.7 Ecoboost in other Ford products think this is even possible?
SAS?

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Via Bronco Nation

1620750232409.png

The competition

1620750480248.png

More reference points / technical specs chart for comparing the trims / models:

2021 Bronco official MPG fuel economy.png
Everyone fussing about the MPG numbers is either a troll or needs a reality check. This is a 4WD truck not a Prius. Its big boxy and heavy what did you expect? The Ram Warlock is rated 16/23. The Bronco at 20/22 is pretty good I'll take it! The Mercedes AMG G 63 4MATIC SUV is rated 13/15. So much for the Bronco being the only vehicle without a spread between city and highway ratings. That G will also set you back $150K.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone fussing about the MPG numbers is either a troll or needs a reality check. This is a 4WD truck not a Prius. Its big boxy and heavy what did you expect? The Ram Warlock is rated 16/23. The Bronco at 20/22 is pretty good I'll take it! The Mercedes AMG G 63 4MATIC SUV is rated 13/15. So much for the Bronco being the only vehicle without a spread between city and highway ratings. That G will also set you back $150K.
The Ram has a 26 gallon tank though, it seems like other manufacturers know when to add a larger tank. I guess some folks don't mind fueling up every 3 hours.

That Mercedes is a nice ride ! You can get a nice low miles one for 50k, not much more than a Bronco WT. lol

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ram has a 26 gallon tank though, it seems like other manufacturers know when to add a larger tank. I guess some folks don't mind fueling up every 3 hours.

That Mercedes is a nice ride ! You can get a nice low miles one for 50k, not much more than a Bronco WT. lol
Maybe its nice but no thanks I'll take a new Bronco for $34K. Its everything I need or want and while reasonable for a Bronco 20 MPG is pretty much where I draw the line. Regards.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve never exceeded EPA in a Ford Ecoboost engine with an automatic transmission. I came close in my MkT with the 3.5TT. Funny enough that got better fuel economy than the MKC 2.3 we had for awhile.

I am well aware of how to get efficiency from an engine. I’m not hard on my Ranger but it’s still 15-20% off EPA. I don’t care, it just is what it is. I had my friend, who is a Ford engineer, drive my truck 400 miles round trip and complain about how poor the fuel economy is and tell me he gets better mileage with his Mustang GT.

Ford has had issues with EPA mileage. It’s a fact. They had to send me checks because of it.
Well you hear similar stories on almost any vehicle. I came across an article how RAM is way off on their numbers. The idea of EPA numbers is they are done in a controlled test so they should be good for comparison purposes. That said nothing is perfect. I can see a Mustang GT getting better mileage than any truck.

BroncoBrook

Badlands
First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time poster, long time lercher.

Is there something wrong with my BadSquatch? I'm getting 10.7mpg city and Baaaaaaaby the throttle especially during break in. I keep seeing people with the same package clocking 16-17. I love this thing, but ouch!!

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First time poster, long time lercher.

Is there something wrong with my BadSquatch? I'm getting 10.7mpg city and Baaaaaaaby the throttle especially during break in. I keep seeing people with the same package clocking 16-17. I love this thing, but ouch!!
My neighbor says he’s averaging right at 17 mpg for his 4dr wildtrak and has had it for about 2 months now, and that’s better than we get real world in our jk wrangler on 32” at tires. We live in a pretty bad area for good mpg’s (west Austin, a lot of hilly highway stop lights with breaking on downhills and accelerating to 60 mph on uphills). Short trips <5 miles and heavy idling with tons of stopping will result in well less than epa city mpg’s. But if your trips are over 5 miles and you’re baby-ing it, yeah, I’d say something ain’t right.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy 9A8AA786-0DD0-49D4-B333-B5F7F7B0EF97

2.7 SAS 4 door Badlands..I do have a soft top which may be a lighter vehicle I don’t know

this is before I found out that one of my tubes going to the turbo wasn’t attached.
Sponsored