Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I make a reservation today, it's going to be a 2022 MY and delivered sometime in 2022?

So for guys that were waiting to hear about the Texas Volume Buy or the Granger Oct. deal just got screwed over?
Why did anyone wait? It was a refundable $100...
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You missed the word ā€œIFā€ which is critical to the meaning of my post.
Oh, OK, well then you're definitely still in, because Ford won't be increasing prices 10% year-over-year. They've not done that on other even-more-limited and exclusive vehicles they've sold. Dealers set their own prices, but if your dealer tries to pull a 10% ADM on you, switch your reservation to a different dealer.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure why anyone would be upset about this. It will make the 2021 more exclusive (Iā€™d bet itā€™s limited to ~100k units)
100k is not 'exclusive'. Most first year car models don't come close to 100k and they aren't exclusive either.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It should be safe to assume ill be getting my Bronco in 2021 with a July 29th Reservation date?

The question is what part of 2021?? Should be interesting. ?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A 7 bullet point memo and 23 pages of people guessing and making up stuff about when Ford will deliver their Bronco. This is really not new information. Just letā€™s people know when the Bronco will become a 2022.
This is true.

Ford doesn't care about what 1 dealer is doing. They didn't choose a date to penalize 1 dealer that is selling lots of Broncos. Why would they be out to harm their dealer network AND F*CK over FORD and BRONCO enthusiasts?

They chose a date based on how many reservations were taken prior to that date and how many they think will convert to orders AND how many they think they can deliver in 2021.

This really only clarifies the question folks had that if they took late delivery of their Bronco, what would the MODEL YEAR be. Now we know, late delivery = 2022 AND possibly special editions, colors, white roof, etc.

Also, gives consumers a little more leverage to find a dealer they are happy with and then lock in their order...

PLEASE take this with a spoon full of salt. I, like 99.9% of you, am just some jackass on the internet, GUESSING WTF is going on.

Tagging @Kris87 because he is my buddy. :eek:)

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why did anyone wait? It was a refundable $100...
The dealership choice. Ford was messing around with the ability to switch dealers and regions are/were working on group deals. You burn up your only dealer transfer by just making a random reservation.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Close. He was going to buy back the bronco from the person who ordered.

ex: employee reserves and orders two Broncos. Buys both of them and then sells one back to the dealer at total cost. Now the dealer has a car to sell at markup. And in this case 100% of orders converted to person who ordered. So no penalty.
But will the car fax say it already had one owner in this example?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So from the first 5 pages I got...I'm lucky enough to be MY 21! Also the five days or so that we got to reserve be the ppl we see in...idk august for the first off rodeo!

Then basically b&p never gunna happen and I'll just go off a wing and prayer when ordering! ?

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, as someone who's currently holding a 9/12 and a 10/1 reservation at Granger, it looks like I'll take a look when B&P comes out and see which one makes more financial sense. If the prices go up for 2022 and/or I can't build my 10/1 reservation right away, then I might just stick with the original reservation. Glad I didn't cancel it as I was tempted to do. I told myself I'd keep it just in case Ford pulled some shenanigans. Not being able to know the price of my 10/1 reservation would be said shenanigans. Cue Farva.

Chris

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But will the car fax say it already had one owner in this example?
I'll let some car people answer that. My assumption would be yes? Some buyers may not care, as they would know the situation and see that it has 10 miles on it.

But perhaps, there are ways to avoid multiple owners on the title? I don't know the answer.

sirloco

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is official communications confirming that the new reservation move cut-off date is January 31, 2021 and the 2021 Model Year reservations cut-off date is September 18, 2020 (any reservations made after September 18, 2020 will be 2022 Model Year).

2021 Ford Bronco reservation change date and 21MY cutoff date.jpg
As a reminder, converted reservations as of January 31, 2021 will account for 50% of the dealer allocation formula, with the remaining 50% weight on competitive registrations and your Ford retail salesas a percentage of the nation.
WTF does that mean!!

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure what the point of a reservation would be if someone made a reservation in say, September and wouldn't get a Bronco until late 2021 while anyone could just walk into a dealership 9 months later and get one right off the lot months before the reservation-holder.
Because a dealership has more to say than some guy who paid $100 on the Internet, and this would not be a custom build but just a vehicle constructed with popular equipment packages.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as someone who's currently holding a 9/12 and a 10/1 reservation at Granger, it looks like I'll take a look when B&P comes out and see which one makes more financial sense. If the prices go up for 2022 and/or I can't build my 10/1 reservation right away, then I might just stick with the original reservation. Glad I didn't cancel it as I was tempted to do. I told myself I'd keep it just in case Ford pulled some shenanigans. Not being able to know the price of my 10/1 reservation would be said shenanigans. Cue Farva.

Chris
Thatā€™s a sweet spot to be. If MY22 isnā€˜t (much) more expensive and has better options, 10/1 it is. If Ford jacks up the price, that 9/12 reservation is going to look really nice. All for $100
Sponsored