First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
“So we knew that we couldn’t fill all the reservations, but we continued taking them for a month in the hopes that this somehow could mean more sales for us and our dealer network.”

lol

Clowns.
That doesn't make any sense. A reservation is not a guarantee when you will get one, it reserves your spot in line, that's it. Obviously if there are 500,000 people in line in front of you, you have to wait. Ford isn't doing anything wrong, and nobody is forcing you to place a reservation.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forgive my ignorance on this, but a couple things I cannot seem to get a clear answer on (and maybe it's because Ford hasn't made it clear yet). Let's start with what we know:
--If someone reserved prior to this September 18th cutoff date, then their Bronco will be a MY2021

BUT does that mean they are certain to take delivery in 2021? Does the dealer have any discretion on who gets the first batches, assuming they have x # of reservations prior to that September 18th cutoff or does it go strictly by reservation date?
Before Sept 18th will be a 21. I don't think this changes anything about the build plan, (time stamp and like batching) that have been discussed for some time.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
What you say here is not actually what the letter says. You say “Any reservations made after September 22nd will be MY2022”. In reality, it’s only the case that reservations made after that date don’t affect dealer allocation in the formula. A dealer may crush the formula (high reservation conversion, big dealer, lots of competitive registrations) and get enough allocation to fill reservations of theirs that go beyond the September 18th date.
That is exactly right.-The date, September 18, applies to the 50% of the 2021 allocation. So while there is an absolute time stamp to consider, the dealer holds a relative one and its position in production is based on dealer reservations held ( time stamped prior to September 18 ) dealer performance and position in the marketplace. Add to this that through the dealer you will know your position on the Dealers allocation list prior to ordering.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealership choice. Ford was messing around with the ability to switch dealers and regions are/were working on group deals. You burn up your only dealer transfer by just making a random reservation.
No. You start with a reservation at a dealer. You get to change once to another. Unless you are in Canada or so I’ve heard.

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We made cutoff by about a month, but if we decide to wait for Warthog or more color options, and don't ultimately order, would that not move someone up in line?

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a reminder, converted reservations as of January 31, 2021 will account for 50% of the dealer allocation formula, with the remaining 50% weight on competitive registrations and your Ford retail salesas a percentage of the nation.
WTF does that mean!!
The allocation is the number of 2021 model year Broncos that a dealer will receive. Big dealers, dealers with lots of pre-Sept18 orders, and dealers in areas that sell lots of Wranglers will get more. Note that dealers will accept reservations and convert them to orders, but if they don't receive an allocation they won't actually be built (order will eventually convert to 2022). If you have a good dealer they may tell you your chances of 2021 (when placing order), but most will not. You won't find out until Feb-Mar 2021 when it is too late to change dealers.

It means that at some dealers, all or most of their reservation holders will get a 2021, even if ordered after Sept 18. At others, reservations holders will have to wait for 2022 even if they ordered before Sept 18. This is the "approximately in reservation order" disclaimer in action.

We were hoping the reservation system would eliminate this crap, but Ford caved to the big dealers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After reading it a couple of times "Yes it seems to". I suspect that most people are not necessarily concerned about "allocation" but rather "when will my reservation turned to order will be roughly arriving". Along with that, "Which Build & Price pricing schedule will my reserved machine be using? (Because I certainly reserved before the change of MY announcement by Ford). Just guessing at the "concerns of the masses".
The thing is allocation will figure into when you receive your Bronco. If your reservation puts you past the dealers initial allocation, the wait will vary by dealer size and the number of reservations at that dealer. You say you changed before the Ford announcement, but Ford has put up a hard date of Sept 18th. If you are Sept 18th or above your Bronco will be a 2022.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As someone with a definite 2022 delivery, if a white top is available, I’ll be ordering it, but will be willing to trade it with someone that gets an earlier delivery. I don’t want a white one, but I know a lot of you do.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s a sweet spot to be. If MY22 isn‘t (much) more expensive and has better options, 10/1 it is. If Ford jacks up the price, that 9/12 reservation is going to look really nice. All for $100
I thought if they move the production MY after you make a reservation for the previous MY, Ford will honor the previous years pricing?

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone clarify this for me. I put in a reservation onto the list early on, like second day it was open. Was I supposed to do something more yet?
No your designated dealer will informed you to come over to finalize your order, when their officially allowed. But I went to dealer just to make sure they have my info and picked a sales person with good reviews, so I will be set when they times comes. He just needs your time stamped order
Sponsored