SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would be a little pissed if I placed a reservation on Sept 19, 2020 and MY2021s go to dealer stock instead of filling my reservation.
No one to be pissed at except yourself one that case. That's over 2 months after reservations opened.
Sponsored

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it safe to say that if you reserved PRIOR to Sept 18, there will still be MY 2021 Broncos delivered into 2022? I’m guessing definitely.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone mad about getting MY2022 Broncos missed the part where Ford said you were reserving a "new" Bronco, not a 2021. Did anyone really think all orders could be filled in just a few months from a plant that also has to make 90,000 Rangers next year?

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The way that reads is that any reservation after September 18 will be a MY22 (or later if that year fills up I guess). It does not say anything about delivery though... so my assumption is that shortly after all of the MY21 reservations are filled, they will retool whatever is needed and move on to the MY22 builds and deliveries. Not knowing what the numbers look like, it is possible that could start in late 2021.
So there's going to be no differences between the two model years? Because either way, you're placing your order in January, regardless of when you reserved.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did they say anything yet about when reservations will officially close? And basically anyone who makes a reservation now will have to wait till 2022?
Sept 19 and after will be MY22 Broncos.

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So lets assume (rough numbers here) that Ford has the capacity to build 140000 Broncos between June and December. Now lets say that by their September 18th artificial MY21 cut off date they only have 100000 reservations converted to orders.... By your logic Ford would only build 100,000 Broncos (40000 below capacity) even though they have more orders converted after the Sept 18th MY21 cutoff date. Doesn't make sense. I know I am overthinking it but that is what we do here at Bronco6G!
Capacity for the Bronco is not 140,000 in 6 months...

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone mad about getting MY2022 Broncos missed the part where Ford said you were reserving a "new" Bronco, not a 2021. Did anyone really think all orders could be filled in just a few months from a plant that also has to make 90,000 Rangers next year?
We've long been suspicious of the 2021 model year designation. They probably should have never used it in the first place.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one to be pissed at except yourself one that case. That's over 2 months after reservations opened.
Except for all of the people that took Granger up on their October Deal. My reservation date is July 14th (like everyone else that placed it on July 13th). What I am really trying to find out is if there will be any dealer stock on the lots in 2021.

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I make a reservation today, it's going to be a 2022 MY and delivered sometime in 2022?

So for guys that were waiting to hear about the Texas Volume Buy or the Granger Oct. deal just got screwed over?
I wouldn’t see it as getting screwed over. I don’t think this is making you wait any longer than you already would have been for making a late reservation.

It is just acknowledging that they had to transition to MY2022 at some point. It would have looked nuts if there were still delivering MY2021 trucks in the 2022 calendar year.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well now. It seems those that took Granger up on their offer have now "benefitted" from being confirmed as having reserved an MY22 Bronco. I'm fairly happy that has happened. Removes any possible, yet doubtful, "year 1 issues" and it also allows a year 1 price for a year 2 model.

Seems like a "win" in my book.
how do you figure you will get year 1 pricing? (i mean, I doubt it will be much different anyway)
I would imagine, that your order doesn't get placed until they figure out the 22MY formula that they mentioned in the brief. At that point, you are just buying a '22 Bronco.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, will the late delivery mansquatches be MY21, MY22 or 21.5?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't know how some of you are getting confused about the cut-off date. It's pretty clear.
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date Screenshot 2020-10-16 142227

Keyword is PRIOR.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn’t see it as getting screwed over. I don’t think this is making you wait any longer than you already would have been for making a late reservation.

It is just acknowledging that they had to transition to MY2022 at some point. It would have looked nuts if there were still delivering MY2021 trucks in the 2022 calendar year.
Right, which was what we were wondering been the bubble would burst. But if they've been sitting on this information, the marketing material should have changed to 2022 MY so people knew what they were getting. This feels like a bait and switch to retroactively apply it.
Sponsored