Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. As for the allocation process, is it possbile this was know prior to July 13th and we simply found out about it after the formula was finalized and leaked ?
No. They wouldn't have written the FAQs the way they did if that were the case. They backed off doing it in reservation order due to dealer pressure.

So Ford has taken a position on the Nike boycott? No offense, its not an official account but a mixed bag with personal tweets. In his defense, his own words " Views are my own"
He is the Manager of Product communications for Ford. His job is to speak for and manage product communications for Ford. When he tweets about Ford...he speaks as/for Ford.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it may be possible for a dealer to have more Bronco allocations that reservations? If that is possible and Ford does provide initial allocations Prior to order book opening, those extra allocations are gold.
Maybe a dealer can clarify...but I understood there are no allocations currently, and they wont be assigned till AFTER Jan 31, when all orders have been converted. Seems there is no possible way to gain "wildcard" allocations. This is why the model year cutoff is kinda a good thing...Ford is doing the math now!

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they told you they didnt know on allocations, that would be the truthful straight answer lol. were dying to know too lol. most dealers have employees who have reservations in as well, so were all stuck in waiting.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe a dealer can clarify...but I understood there are no allocations currently, and they wont be assigned till AFTER Jan 31, when all orders have been converted. Seems there is no possible way to gain "wildcard" allocations. This is why the model year cutoff is kinda a good thing...Ford is doing the math now!
correct. there is no finalized or heads up allocation number that has been announced. Ford is still in discussions on this. Everyone is in the dark at this point.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine if B&P comes out and Ford offers one of those Disney/amusement park type skip the line pass.....

"$2,500 to move to the front of the line"

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine if B&P comes out and Ford offers one of those Disney/amusement park type skip the line pass.....

I'm pretty sure some dealers will once they get their allocation numbers...

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure some dealers will once they get their allocation numbers...
You're right, that could be the next evolution of slimy dealer tactics if Ford isn't enforcing exact timestamp orders which they don't appear to be doing

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so were all stuck in waiting.
I thought I'd heard that dealers have been given 'preliminary' allocation estimates...to be finalized after Jan 31??

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I'd heard that dealers have been given 'preliminary' allocation estimates...to be finalized after Jan 31??
The dealer memo that started this thread said dealers would get that estimate of their allocations prior to order banks opening...so not yet I would suppose.

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're right, that could be the next evolution of slimy dealer tactics if Ford isn't enforcing exact timestamp orders which they don't appear to be doing
Kris87 is furiously working on a way to market this as a benefit to Akins Ford customers.

“We would never go outside of Ford’s rules, we might just invent sleazy new ways that currently fall within the rules until they’re changed because capitalism or something...”

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it'll be more effective if it's 52,500$ to move to the front of the line.
(delivery and fees included)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can estimate themselves based on the formula...50% reservations, 25% previous year suv sales, 25% competitive sales in dealers franchise area. Dealers who have an extraordinary number of reservations compared to thier normal sales, and normal sales of thier closest off brand competitor, are at risk. These dealers know who they are...if there are any. Could be Fords formula works out ok.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kris87 is furiously working on a way to market this as a benefit to Akins Ford customers.

“We would never go outside of Ford’s rules, we might just invent sleazy new ways that currently fall within the rules until they’re changed because capitalism or something...”
As I stated above that might not work...If Ford themselves would take a spiff to move a customer up it would...but what does Ford care? Our money is all green to them. One thing IS clear that Ford cares about...and that is market presence. They clearly want to get Broncos on the same streets as Jeeps asap!

Last edited:

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why hasn’t Ford modified their site disclosure? Clearly Ford no longer intends to allocate production based solely on rough reservation order.

They now are actively working to harm some consumers to placate large dealers that are upset with how this whole process was structured/evolved.

This is slimy on the level of the worst tricks played by bad dealerships.

I’ll be doing some soul searching on whether I will hold my nose and go forward on a Bronco given Ford’s shameful behavior to the end consumer.

I have a day one reservation and am almost assuredly not personally impacted by this. But I really don’t like the idea of doing business with a Company that doesn’t stand by their word.
Sponsored