First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, not sure why people care what model year their Bronco falls under. There probably isn’t going to be any difference between them for 2021 and 2022.
If you were planning on not driving it and selling it many years down the road as some sort of "first-year collectable" (bad idea), you might want a 2021. Otherwise, I'd actually prefer a 2022. Especially if my 2021 arrived only shortly before 2022s started arriving. Who wants an September-December car as a 2021 model? ?
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it fair to say that every MY 2021 Bronco built will go to fill a reservation? Will there be any dealer stock for MY21? What happens to the reservations that were made prior to September 18th, 2020 that do not get converted into an order? Do those go to dealer stock or to someone with a reservation after Sept 18th?
Its fair to say that every one will go to a sold order, but not necessarily a reservation. Some dealers didn't participate in the reservation program, so there allocations will go to fill regular customer orders (I'm betting Ford will not schedule stock orders). Only units on dealers lots for 2021 should be Mannequin units (one per dealer) and ones that were orders that got backed out off, so shouldn't be many.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only concern with this is if, and only if, they add a few colors or options we've been begging for in the 22 MY. They kind of alluded to that being a possibility for those later on the reservations list. Perhaps that was mentioned with this move in mind.

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got two RSVP's, one a few days after launch and one in OCT with Granger. Choices!
Me too. This will be a hard decision. I'd like to know what our MY21 options are and what if anything they intend to add for MY22. If I knew they were going to add something I want for MY22 I'd wait, if not I'd probably go with my July reservation to get it sooner.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it fair to say that every MY 2021 Bronco built will go to fill a reservation? Will there be any dealer stock for MY21? What happens to the reservations that were made prior to September 18th, 2020 that do not get converted into an order? Do those go to dealer stock or to someone with a reservation after Sept 18th?
Good Question. They'll probably go into Dealer Stock and get marked up $20,000? ?

Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think MY2022 Bronco reservation holders should start a new website.... maybe call it Bronco6.5G..... I jest...
Hey and maybe MY22 will have a special "Second Edition" version that will come in Olive Drab Green with a White Top... with a 2.7L Mansquach to boot!!!!

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's the same ordering period, January. I'm not concerned about prices at all.
How do you know it’s the same ordering period? Maybe any reservations after September 18th won’t have access to order until later. There is much unknown.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think Ford will be using the non converted reservations made prior to Sept 18th as it's 2021 allocation for dealer showrooms.

My guess is Sept 19th res holder will be able to go pay ADM at a dealership for a 2021 before they get their 2022 delivered if they so choose.
I guess that's possible but I kinda doubt it. Let's say you have reservation A, Joe Snuffy has reservation B, and I have reservation C. Snuffy gets cold feet 'cause he didn't like where the bottle opener was located, and backs out. I'm going to guess they will simply build my Bronco after yours, skipping reservation B since it was never converted to an order.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..Most likely a price increase for "year 2 model"...
They could do that with options but not with trims because trim prices were shown during the reservation. People would go ballistic if Ford messed with that.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Excellent! I'm getting a 2021 AND a 2022! Just like I hoped! Thanks to Granger's October offer!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, cutting off MY21 at Sept 18 reservations. Glad I got in quickly!
I ordered it the night of, and while my reservation says next day, I should still be good

Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date 1602877696879

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

..Most likely a price increase for "year 2 model"...
Except that the order period is still end of January and that is when you will solidify the pricing with the dealers. Doubtful that the dealers would really put up with having to process a very large of special orders with differing price lists. Absolutely possible but I think it is far off.

Beau J

First Edition
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Demon, Hummer H1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With 50% being dealer allocation you still can order one direct at the dealer, as long as they have allocation.. So there is some truth to things said in other threads about volume dealers getting more Broncos.. (which the poster was roasted for :p )

If you didn't get a reservation prior to 9/18 you just don't have the ability to move it to whatever dealer you choose for the MY21.
Sponsored