Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's for models built outside the US, on average (2 months)
CONUS shipments average 4 weeks for US made vehicles, on average.
Not talking industry averages or anything. This is fairly common knowledge. MAP employees have shared many times when Job 1 is, and Ford has stated many times when deliveries are expected to start.
Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting so is the cut off the 17th or the 18th the way the title reads its after the 18th but the line they stated in the official document states prior to the 18th...

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

???

Ford can fill every reservation they take. They never said anywhere they were only taking reservations for 2021 models. In fact, it's been clear for months that they said new reservation holders wouldn't get their vehicles until 2022. I can't remember the last time a vehicle arrived in a calendar year with a prior-year model year.
Model year designations are arbitrary, and if they are serious about this entire reservation, order, and a la carte system, that they are going about it the wrong way.

Sounds like dealerships are wanting vehicles to mark up, those with reservations are hoping to make a quick buck on eBay, and why bother charging people money if you can’t even promise a six month delivery time frame?

Sounds like they want 100 bucks to place a reservation for something you may not even be able to order until after allocated vehicles that nobody special ordered are delivered to dealerships.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I’m understanding this announcement changes nothing about delivery dates, just about what model year our Broncos will be considered. I reserved mine just a few days ago and of course I’m expecting to get a late 2021 delivery at best or more realistically, an early 2022 delivery. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong?

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a couple of dumb questions. If I reserve now when will be the time period when I will actually convert the reservation to an order? I would like to place the order after seeing the color/option changes are for MY22.

Also, is it better to reserve with a large dealer like Granger or with a smaller local dealer as far as receiving a bronco in the shortest possible time?

This will be on the A-plan thanks to my brother or son.

Sponsored

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am at total peace about this. I am willing to wait for 22-23 and order the one I want. the rush , hype, recalls will be over by then and I will get my bronco of choice. In a decent amount of time.
Or someone will be tired of there by then. see ZEN>>>>> hmmmmmmmmm.

Daughter just went and ordered her new jeep, the way they wanted it. 6 cyl (no turbos), color, leather, all the bells and whistles , different tires. and it was sitting at the dealer in 7 -8 weeks. actually rides pretty good

I went with her to pick it up and sit in a new 2 door jeep, they had 6cyl and 4 cyl both to look at. dealer couldn't get me to even talk about the 4 cyl, but the 6 cly OH MY!!! Very interesting. it Got me thinking.... i don't want a turbo anyway. They tried there best to get me to drive it. I knew better.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From what I’m understanding this announcement changes nothing about delivery dates, just about what model year our Broncos will be considered. I reserved mine just a few days ago and of course I’m expecting to get a late 2021 delivery at best or more realistically, an early 2022 delivery. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong?
That's what some of us are wondering. Will the 21 and 22 MY be identical in options and pricing? Survey says, nyet.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmm. If a reservation doesn't convert to an order then that reservation number doesn't get built. Maybe one of the dealers on the site could verify? @EricAtKearnyMesaFord @NayNay @Granger Ford @StephensAutoCenter @Zach@Granger

From my understanding there is an initial allocation based on the September cutoff.
Then we'll have build and price, finalize orders, etc between now and the end of January. Once that process is settled Ford and the dealerships should have a better understanding on the conversion ratio of reservations to orders and give dealerships a final allocation. So whatever Ford's production is for the year will be allocated at that point and dealerships will receive the allocation that they finalized and orders submitted from the cutoff in January.

Does that make sense?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are correct.

There is a history here of people either not understanding, reading too far into things, or just getting too worked up.

This is information we all pretty much knew and is just clarification on when MY2022s will start.

Sponsored

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is my point.... I get that they have cut off MY21s for reservations on Sept 18th, the question is what do we think the July 13th through Sept 18th reservation conversion percentage will be and will that match Fords MY21 capacity??? Or would they cut to MY22 production early? It could also point to a lot later production delivery schedule than June.
July 13th thru September 17th. The letter says "prior" to September 18th which does not include September 18th. September 18th and beyond puts you in the MY2022.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be fair to say sometime next year or 2022 I most likely will be driving a Ford Bronco? Or would it fair to say in the same timeframe I will at least get the small chance to visit the intro-net thingy and find some allusive BP and actually price out said Ford Bronco...
If my above statements are accurate it will make me the most happiest...

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are correct.

There is a history here of people either not understanding, reading too far into things, or just getting too worked up.

This is information we all pretty much knew and is just clarification on when MY2022s will start.
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 3.14.03 PM

If they had this information a month ago, they should have changed this out a month ago. They're asking me to reserve a 2021 MY Bronco with the features listed.

So...trying not to read too much into it...is Ford implying that the 22 MY will be identical to what is advertised?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading this, I see the ALLOCATION cutoff is Sept 18. This doesn't mean that if you reserved before that you get a 2021 or after that you don't. This will vary dealer to dealer.

What it means is that Ford now has a set number of reservations per dealer they're likely using to calculate how many allocations each dealer will get. I know Ford wants to have this info before converting to orders starts so dealers can give reasonable info to customers. It also means that fresh orders won't get you more Bronco allocations for 2021 (I expect another surge when/if build and price comes out)
Sponsored