William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct.

There is a history here of people either not understanding, reading too far into things, or just getting too worked up.

This is information we all pretty much knew and is just clarification on when MY2022s will start.
This is information we knew? No it absolutely wasn’t. It might be information you thought you knew or a hunch you might have had. Even with this info there isn’t a person here who knows anything about this process or when the Broncos will come lol. I can absolutely understand why people would be confused, they’re still marketing a 2021 Bronco.
Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see why you would get too worked up. No one knows what 2022 will hold and it's clear when you reserve that your build could be in 2022. No one should be shocked that Ford isn't going to build 2021s in calendar year 2022.
So don't you think their website and material should reflect that reservations are full and they should stop taking them until the window for 2022 opens after details are released?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some folks should just stick to buying off the lot. As bad as dealers are, I wouldn’t want to deal with the average customer. Sometimes B6G makes my head hurt.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From my understanding there is an initial allocation based on the September cutoff.
Then we'll have build and price, finalize orders, etc between now and the end of January. Once that process is settled Ford and the dealerships should have a better understanding on the conversion ratio of reservations to orders and give dealerships a final allocation. So whatever Ford's production is for the year will be allocated at that point and dealerships will receive the allocation that they finalized and orders submitted from the cutoff in January.

Does that make sense?
After reading it a couple of times "Yes it seems to". I suspect that most people are not necessarily concerned about "allocation" but rather "when will my reservation turned to order will be roughly arriving". Along with that, "Which Build & Price pricing schedule will my reserved machine be using? (Because I certainly reserved before the change of MY announcement by Ford). Just guessing at the "concerns of the masses".

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is stressful? This is first world problems and not even close to stressful.
Yeah, right. The stress comes from hanging out on Bronco6G and reading everyone’s anxiety fueled whining.

There is nothing stressful about putting down $100 on a vehicle that you can special order and can then literally tell the dealer to go to hell when he is about to hand you the keys. And you still get that $100 back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully this means MY2021 will be more rare than MY2022.
It will be 1000%.

Anyone who’s that upset about the MY nomenclature should stick it to Ford and cancel their reservation IMO.

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's the way it works. When the dealers get to order, they'll be able to order exactly what they want, not someone's leftover, un-used reservation.

Think of it this way, you haven't actually reserved anything, just a place in line. You picked a trim level, but even that is not locked-in. And you haven't reserved any configurations. So, if you decide not to make an order, there's really nothing that could be built from your reservation.

However, if you do make an order and then don't buy it when it shows up on the dealer's lot, that's a different story. The dealer now has an actual vehicle he can sell to the highest bidder.
This is correct, with a BUT. There are processes in place to make sure this doesn't really happen. It's bound to …… a few times but, if it happens consistently, Ford will start pulling allocation from that dealer. Ford considers this a way to skate around their rules. It also messes with their ability to semi-accurately estimate the number of sales so...….they don't take it lightly.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possibly true; That would automatically put all of their Oct reservations into 2022 model year which says not finalized yet.
No, it's definitely target at Granger....the September 18th date for calculating dealer allocations is specifically put into place to avoid counting the October surprise orders into the formula.

EastCoastBronco

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly, if you ordered in September did you think you were going to get one in 2021? My fear was When I put my reservation in at Granger in October I would get a 2021 delivered in 2022. Nobody could ever convince me that a 2021 with zero miles is worth the same or more than a 2022 with zero miles.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Ford is still tinkering and changing aspects of trims and models, leaving us to wonder what is available on which model (and of course the cost).
Which explains exactly why B&P hasn't arrived yet. If Ford is still learning what people really want, they can't put out B&P and then change it later. You thought people were crazy about not having B&P--just imagine if they messed with it after they released it! B&P will have to be locked-in for the whole model year. It's in our best interest to let them get it right. It's more likely to give us what we've been asking for.

It's even possible that B&P might be delayed because Ford is waiting for answers from suppliers about certain questions--questions that have come up based on our feedback.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, it's definitely target at Granger....the September 18th date for calculating dealer allocations is specifically put into place to avoid counting the October surprise orders into the formula.
Good call

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except for all of the people that took Granger up on their October Deal. My reservation date is July 14th (like everyone else that placed it on July 13th). What I am really trying to find out is if there will be any dealer stock on the lots in 2021.
I was pretty sure any October granger reservation was going to be delivered after Sept 2021. Now they get a year designation that matches when they receive the vehicle. No worry about false depreciation.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This means that dealers with higher volume (sales as a percentage of the nation) with receive a greater allocation. Dealers in an area with a large amount of Wrangler sales and 4 runner sales will have a better chance at allocation as well. Smaller volume dealers (no matter how many reservations taken) unfortunately won't be able to fill them all. Initial allocation hasn't been communicated to the dealers yet.
Initial allocation has been communicated...

You are talking about the last 50% and totally forgetting the first 50% of the scale...

Conversion rate is the major determining factor while the dealer size and Jeep Yota market penetration is the other half...

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you transfer reservation from one dealer to another today, would that still count as before September 18th as long as it was the reservation was made before September 18th? This is the only think i think i am concerned at this time.
Sponsored