Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people on this forum get it- but just to be clear model year (MY) and year of delivery are separate.

I refuse to believe Ford will deliver MY2021 in any year other than 2021. Most likely, MY2021 will be delivered up to maybe July 31, 2021.

Then all Broncos delivered from 8/01/2021 to 7/31/2022 will be MY2022. I can’t imagine what sort of nightmare it would if MY2021 were delivered in 2022.

I believe that MY2021 may have less options but I want one. To be clear, I have a reservation 7/15 & 7/25 so I don’t really care.

Anyone with a reservation should wait untilThe cut-off to decide what to do. A lot has, can, and will change.
Sponsored

Miller

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Z71 Allstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did reservations begin? I put in August 13, just curious when they started.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I took up Granger on their October offer, I was fully expecting a 2022 delivery. My question was about taking advantage of any changes made by Ford over the course of a year between converting to an order in December '20 - January '21 and delivery sometime in '22.

As I understand, you can make changes on your order, up until the time a VIN is allocated to your vehicle. A VIN is allocated when a build date for your vehicle is determined. That should allow me an opportunity to change colors, options, etc. that may be offered over the next year or so.
Correct. Every reservation holder has a Jan. 31, 2021 deadline to convert the reservation to an order. These orders will be submitted to the Unscheduled Order Bank. A VIN is only assigned when an order is moved from the Unscheduled Order Bank to the Scheduled Order Bank. The trim level (Badlands, Base, Big Bend, etc.) can't be changed, but other changes can occur to Unscheduled Orders.

For those that are reservation holders beyond the 9/18 MY change, the order submitted at the end of January will essentially be placed in "Order Purgatory" as the MY2021 Bronco Orders are processed.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know...one dealer on here specifically mentioned yesterday that their strategy was to convince everyone with reservations to order, so they could sell those not taken. They thought as long as they were below a certain percentage, they were good.
Close. He was going to buy back the bronco from the person who ordered.

ex: employee reserves and orders two Broncos. Buys both of them and then sells one back to the dealer at total cost. Now the dealer has a car to sell at markup. And in this case 100% of orders converted to person who ordered. So no penalty.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what some of us are wondering. Will the 21 and 22 MY be identical in options and pricing? Survey says, nyet.
...There will probably be a couple different colors added,maybe 1 or 2 colors removed...some packages maybe changed...or dropped,depending on availability...The bodies will definitely be the same...most likely prices will be increased on most everything...

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe that MY2021 may have less options but I want one. To be clear, I have a reservation 7/15 & 7/25 so I don’t really care.
It could just as well be the other way. There could be (likely be) new options but it would surprise me if Ford cut back on the amount of options.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Except for all of the people that took Granger up on their October Deal. My reservation date is July 14th (like everyone else that placed it on July 13th). What I am really trying to find out is if there will be any dealer stock on the lots in 2021.
Some customers will decline purchase after placing their orders. That will give limited dealer stock.

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im calling for a thread for everyone with a reservation prior to Sept 18th to predict how many MY2021 broncos there will be. Those who join throw in a $5 bill and the winner has a nice down payment for their bronco ? :p :ROFLMAO::unsure:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is because some people in these forums like to over complicate it all.
True. Actually, ordering a vehicle is the way to go. Get exactly what you want (at least from the way the vehicle can be configured). You need to be patient and wait for it to be built, but you get the best fit and a vehicle that hasn't been test-driven (or abused) by who-knows-how-many people. I've ordered vehicles a few times before and there's no anxiety--only the anticipation and excitement waiting for it to arrive. ?

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

..Speaking of Mach-E,I have an appointment to see the Mach-E at All American Ford next week..no test drives permitted...
Yeah I got an invite from Fullerton for the same thing. But I hate them guys, don't think I'll go.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

None of that is correct. Reservation-holders get their vehicles first. That's been clear for a long time. You put $100 (refundable) down starting in July. At some point, build and price comes out and you can figure out what you want. If you don't want a Bronco, at any time, you can back out and get your $100 back. If you don't place and order by January 31, 2021, you will no longer be a reservation holder and you get your $100 back.

Dealers will not have Broncos to sell until reservation holders get theirs, with the exception being the rare person who places and order and then doesn't purchase the Bronco when it arrives. Free-range Broncos will be scarce until 2022. Dealers will have plenty of opportunity to make money selling Broncos even before they ever sell any off-the-lot.

The $100 reservation is a simple way to separate genuine interest from tire-kickers. It's a minimal amount, but anyone can put their name on a list for free. How much would you trust demand in that scenario? Hell, I'd put my name on the list for a million dollar Ferrari if I could do it for free. Then I could tell all my friends how I'm in line to get one. ?
Well, I hope you’re right, because based on the language of the letter, I will not be able to get a 2021, but rather a 2022… Whenever that becomes available to build.

So you’re telling me that a Ford dealership will not have unreserved Broncos to sell prior to me getting the build that I was promised?

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is official communications confirming that the new reservation move cut-off date is January 31, 2021 and the 2021 Model Year reservations cut-off date is September 18, 2020 (any reservations made after September 18, 2020 will be 2022 Model Year).

2021 Ford Bronco reservation change date and 21MY cutoff date.jpg
Seems the only dates needed are when it turns the res. To an order and week that the vehicle is ready to pickup.

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you saying they scrubbed the 2021 date off that is not accurate or at least it still shows 2021 for me, but I reserved mine on 07/14/20.
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date CA13E65D-B9E5-4072-AB3C-30C7B48D975D
Sponsored