Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not at all. many people may have bad info..... doesn't mean they're lying.
Can't argue with you there. But you added your thinly disguised "Thank you and stay safe" tagline that you seem to include when you're calling out particular commenters.
P.S.: Have a nice day.
Sponsored

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can't argue with you there. But you added your thinly disguised "Thank you and stay safe" tagline that you seem to include when you're calling out particular commenters.
P.S.: Have a nice day.
Not my intent. I'll certainly pay more attention to that. Thank you and ……..:oops:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How? They didn’t just arbitrarily decide to cut production. Everyone has known for a long time late reservations were going to be delivered in 2022. Nothing has changed. Ford just gave people a better idea of when to expect delivery. Granger already knew those Oct reservations would all be 2022.
Allocation will be different for 2022 - so the move to get more reservations may or may not pay off.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Add a message "2021 MY reservations are full! Subscribe so you can know the latest news when reservations open for the 2022 MY."
But reservations for MY22 are open now.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
another significant change I haven't seen mentioned:

1. Previously Ford was going to accept dealer orders thru January 2021, and THEN sometime in February communicate to dealers what their MY21 allocation was. Ergo dealers would be writing orders with no knowledge of what their allocation was going to be.

2. Now, Ford knows Exactly how many reservations are timestamped from 7/13 to 9/18, and it sounds as if Ford will tell their dealers what their MY21 allocation will be prior to December. And also only accept orders for those reservations timestamped prior to 9/18
Ford probably feels confident they have enough reservations up to Sept 18, but still no way to tell the conversion rate until it actually happens, so they'd be guessing at allocations.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

...That's where I have my Bronco at...so maybe a little brown nosing will help..lol
Good luck. Back in July the Sales Manager told me they'd give our group $500 accessory credit. Then when I called them a week ago he claimed he never talked to me. I mean what type of MANAGER pulls that kind of shit? And I've bought from them twice before. Never again tho.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe uncommon, but I doubt 'exceedingly rare'. I think Ford's low reserve/order deposit will result in a much higher % than other reserve orders (Tesla etc) seeing as people don't really have much to lose by ordering and then not taking delivery. I'm sure they will be marked up to high hell though. I think they made a huge mistake only asking for $100.
The $100 was only for the reservation. When it comes time to order, expect to put a deposit down--generally, non-refundable--to place your order. Should you choose not to purchase your Bronco when it arrives, plan not to get that deposit back.

If your Bronco arrived differently-configured than what you ordered, you could get your deposit back and probably qualify for a new order placing you in line for quick production, but if you simply change your mind or can't get financed, the dealer doesn't have to return your deposit. The deposit is because the dealer then has to assume the risk of selling the vehicle. Being a Bronco in hot demand, if you weren't able to purchase it because of a hardship issue, you likely could get your deposit back from a decent dealer, since they should be able to sell it within a day.

So, the $100 really only differentiates someone who is likely to consider ordering one from someone who just thinks they're cool and doesn't mind being on a "no obligation" list. Order time is what separates the men from the boys. ? Put up or shut up. Put your money where your mouth is. Etc. :LOL:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing 2022 will hold is that all 2022 model year vehicles will likely already have 2021 recalls applied in the factory.
NOTHING wrong with that.

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm. If a reservation doesn't convert to an order then that reservation number doesn't get built. Maybe one of the dealers on the site could verify? @EricAtKearnyMesaFord @NayNay @Granger Ford @StephensAutoCenter @Zach@Granger
I bet someone has already answered this question considering this thread has moved on 13 pages since!

This is correct. On the dealer side, we click a button to "convert" each reservation to an order. If we don't click the button by a certain date, that reservation number and that order are removed from the pool. But if someone cancel's their order after we've clicked the button, then the vehicle is still built and delivered to the dealership.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought Granger and the other dealers were saying before that "allocation" as well as the formula were for determining how many stock/lot vehicles they get -after- reservations were filled, not referring to reserved vehicles at all. Considering that, I would assume this has nothing to do with any of us or our reservations, simply how many 2021's and 2022's each dealer will eventually receive.
I'll take the blame for that. I'd thought (based on what Ford said publicly and the way it was worded to dealers) that reservations would be first (I also thought this would only be the first few months of production).

However that has all been changed (or I was just wrong) and reservations will still have to go through the allocation system, but reservations will help generate allocation, so yes change this applies to reservations as well.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Initial allocation has been communicated...
You are talking about the last 50% and totally forgetting the first 50% of the scale...
I thought Granger and the other dealers were saying before that "allocation" as well as the formula were for determining how many stock/lot vehicles they get -after- reservations were filled, not referring to reserved vehicles at all. Considering that, I would assume this has nothing to do with any of us or our reservations, simply how many 2021's and 2022's each dealer will eventually receive.
Depends on how many your dealer gets allocated to fill reservations, and where you sit in their list.
@Granger Ford @Kris87
Hypothetically, if the Ford allocation formula works out to 90% for a specific dealer, does this mean only the first 90% of the reservation holders get their Bronco from that dealer?
Do the remaining 10% get moved to the end of the line (after initial allocation is fulfilled to all dealers), or are their reservations cancelled?

Or does the allocation formula only apply to what a dealer may receive (for dealer stock) after all current reservations are filled?

This 'dealer allocation' suggests I may be penalized due to my dealer's standing.
I would expect Ford to honor my timestamp and not penalize me for the dealer I chose.

If my August reservation gets cancelled I'm going to be pissed. If it just gets delayed, I may be able to deal with it.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deliveries of your 2021 Bronco may extend into the 2022 calendar year...got it.

Just shut down the reservation portal. It's that simple.

Add a message "2021 MY reservations are full! Subscribe so you can know the latest news when reservations open for the 2022 MY."

Some y'all enjoy getting conned and then thank the conman for the experience. :LOL:
I get what you're saying. But why would Ford close reservations on a super-hot seller? I have to believe that new reservations also provide invaluable insight into the "commodities" they will most need to stock up on.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My only concern with this is if, and only if, they add a few colors or options we've been begging for in the 22 MY. They kind of alluded to that being a possibility for those later on the reservations list. Perhaps that was mentioned with this move in mind.
If you wait for 22, why not wait for 23 when things change again? They might even do a refresh by then. The point is waiting for the next big thing will have you waiting forever.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So there's going to be no differences between the two model years? Because either way, you're placing your order in January, regardless of when you reserved.
There are always differences. Build 150,000 2021 broncos, receive feedback, make improvements. A 2022 should be a better model than a 2021.
Sponsored