Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The $100 was only for the reservation. When it comes time to order, expect to put a deposit down--generally, non-refundable--to place your order. Should you choose not to purchase your Bronco when it arrives, plan not to get that deposit back.

If your Bronco arrived differently-configured than what you ordered, you could get your deposit back and probably qualify for a new order placing you in line for quick production, but if you simply change your mind or can't get financed, the dealer doesn't have to return your deposit. The deposit is because the dealer then has to assume the risk of selling the vehicle. Being a Bronco in hot demand, if you weren't able to purchase it because of a hardship issue, you likely could get your deposit back from a decent dealer, since they should be able to sell it within a day.

So, the $100 really only differentiates someone who is likely to consider ordering one from someone who just thinks they're cool and doesn't mind being on a "no obligation" list. Order time is what separates the men from the boys. ? Put up or shut up. Put your money where your mouth is. Etc. :LOL:
All of the big ones: Granger SAC etc, and pretty much all the dealers offering deals are not requiring any more than the $100. You may be right when it comes to the smaller dealerships / ones without an online presence in the community though. Personally I wish every dealer would require $1000, so that we DONT end up with hundreds of canceled orders and getting delayed from them.

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok, So someone with a October res needs to check and say if it says 2022 on their model year.
It's going to say 2021. Ford JUST announced this.
For those of you saying they scrubbed the 2021 date off that is not accurate or at least it still shows 2021 for me, but I reserved mine on 07/14/20.
CA13E65D-B9E5-4072-AB3C-30C7B48D975D.png
I have a 10/01 reservation, and it still says 2021. I'm not surprised; they have stated that there have been way more reservations than expected, so when they first built the reservation system, they were expecting to fulfill all reservation orders in the 2021 model year. I'm sure they'll update the website.

But when I made my reservation I was fully expecting and hoping for to to be a 2022 MY since it likely won't be delivered until late 2021 at the earliest. I'm glad they've clarified that. 2022 MY means less depreciation, more kinks worked out, and more options. Probably also a price increase, but doubt that it would be more than a few hundred dollars, and should be offset by the difference in resale value.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved on 9/19. Pretty sure I can count on a 10% price hike. If so, F Ford, I’m out.
So you're out without even bothering to see what your price will be? Sounds like you were never really in. The only thing you have to lose by waiting until order time to decide whether you are in or out is the interest on $100. In three months, that's not even a nickel in the average account these days.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This great news. Fence sitting has consequences. I personally hedged my bets by placing order 7/14 and 10/2. I may go with a first year with meh colors or may buy the Tan/Olive MY22. I have choices because of my choices and I will live with my choices.
I sound old...like I have to earn my choices.
Not quite sure that is hedge betting. By the time you know MY22 features and options your 7/14 reservation would have expired.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you wait for 22, why not wait for 23 when things change again? They might even do a refresh by then. The point is waiting for the next big thing will have you waiting forever.
The only thing, personally, I'd consider waiting for is a proper shade of green. Otherwise, I'm pretty set as far as equipment.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're out without even bothering to see what your price will be? Sounds like you were never really in. The only thing you have to lose by waiting until order time to decide whether you are in or out is the interest on $100. In three months, that's not even a nickel in the average account these days.
You missed the word “IF” which is critical to the meaning of my post.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Except that the order period is still end of January and that is when you will solidify the pricing with the dealers. Doubtful that the dealers would really put up with having to process a very large of special orders with differing price lists. Absolutely possible but I think it is far off.
Order period ends January 31st for which reservations? Those before Sept 18th or all reservations? Ford didn't say anything about that yet.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“So we knew that we couldn’t fill all the reservations, but we continued taking them for a month in the hopes that this somehow could mean more sales for us and our dealer network.”

lol

Clowns.
This is probably the dumbest thing I have seen on bronco6g, yet. At no point has Ford suggested they cannot fill every order; and anyone who thought every order would be filled prior to 2022 has either not been paying attention or is willfully ignorant.

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Granger and Stephenson are both offering the Bronco at $1300 under invoice if you qualify for X-plan.

Other dealers, will be charging a markup. You switch dealers to save money.
Grainger is $2000 under invoice, I think?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order period ends January 31st for which reservations? Those before Sept 18th or all reservations? Ford didn't say anything about that yet.
No, no they didn't. For once in my life I am being somewhat optimistic. Hey, if I end up being wrong then I'm getting a good deal on a slightly higher priced machine with a slightly different feature set than the 21s. And when the $$$ is finalized I will make whatever hard choice at that time. If I believe that I'm getting a serious shafting then I'll just buy another set of tires for the Crown Vic and keep driving it. I have faith that my dealer of choice will do the "right" thing by the customer.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A 7 bullet point memo and 23 pages of people guessing and making up stuff about when Ford will deliver their Bronco. This is really not new information. Just let’s people know when the Bronco will become a 2022.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grainger is $2000 under invoice, I think?
Yes they are. Actually all 3 offers are legit. Only the Granger deals have a chance of either/or but depends on when you reserved.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Basically, to cut through all the fat and gristle, your wait for a Bronco will be long as shit.

If you're a dealership waiting on allocations, your wait will be really long as shit.

If you have yet to get the memo about reserving a Bronco if you've been wanting one and have yet to do so, your wait will be really really long as shit.

So, if you have no reservation you may as well be buying one for your son for his 16th birthday.... who is currently 3 years old.
This is the most real post in this entire thread. (y)
Sponsored