Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

another significant change I haven't seen mentioned:

1. Previously Ford was going to accept dealer orders thru January 2021, and THEN sometime in February communicate to dealers what their MY21 allocation was. Ergo dealers would be writing orders with no knowledge of what their allocation was going to be.

2. Now, Ford knows Exactly how many reservations are timestamped from 7/13 to 9/18, and it sounds as if Ford will tell their dealers what their MY21 allocation will be prior to December. And also only accept orders for those reservations timestamped prior to 9/18
How would this account for moving your reservation to a different dealer up to Jan. 2021? How will they handle changes in the number of allocations if a dealer gains or loses reservations?
Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You didn’t explain it the first time... there was a poster who explained it a bit later, then you stated something like “yeah this is what I meant”. Seriously lol
44EFAEB1-DABD-4CF3-8D8F-61412C4A8547.gif

B4F03414-F735-4F89-9EC4-D1E7BD33CAED.png

44CF2F42-4B14-4507-8A39-17B17163E6EC.jpeg
Yeah, sorry I was busy working and not able to just flat go through everything at the moment lol. Luckily, it got explained. Just be prepared that things are probably not going to go the way you are arguing they will. We will root for the latter, but I fully see dealers who are putting up big discounts and drawing a lot of out of region reservations, to not he given the allocations to fulfill all of their pre 18th reservations.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, the ultimate goal is overall market share, but allocations are being based on those factors i stated. Ford knows there are people who won't be happy about it. They also know selling them won't be a problem. Look at this group for example. Its has a following.
The factors for allocation have nothing to do with market share and everything to do with creating a fair share for those dealers who sell more Ford vehicles. Most of us are well aware, you are not breaking news here.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, sorry I was busy working and not able to just flat go through everything at the moment lol. Luckily, it got explained. Just be prepared that things are probably not going to go the way you are arguing they will. We will root for the latter, but I fully see dealers who are putting up big discounts and drawing a lot of out of region reservations, to not he given the allocations to fulfill all of their pre 18th reservations.
Where have I stated they’re going to go a certain way? I haven’t. All I’ve stated is that Ford is moving the goalposts and if they follow through on screwing over early reservation holders simply because of dealership factors, it’s bad form. That’s all I’ve stated. I haven’t argued numbers, allotments, dealership this or that. All I’ve said is Ford will have egg on their face if July reservation holders end up with MY2022 Broncos.
I think that’s a damn shame if it happens to anyone with a July reservation. It’s crooked and a damn shame. Don’t you agree?

Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where have I stated they’re going to go a certain way? I haven’t. All I’ve stated is that Ford is moving the goalposts and if they follow through on screwing over early reservation holders simply because of dealership factors, it’s bad form. That’s all I’ve stated. I haven’t argued numbers, allotments, dealership this or that. All I’ve said is Ford will have egg on their face if July reservation holders end up with MY2022 Broncos.
I think that’s a damn shame if it happens to anyone with a July reservation. It’s crooked and a damn shame. Don’t you agree?
Well then shit were in agreement lol. I don't agree with some of the ways the reservation/allotments are happening. Granger was simply an example of one of the dealers going ahead with heavy discounts that may have reservation holders get screwed. Not grangers fault in any way, they are just the bigger name mentioned in here. A few people wanted to argue that I'm on the other side of it. I was simply stating that this memo is laughable and pretty much a joke based on allocations and how Ford is actually going to do things.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The factors for allocation have nothing to do with market share and everything to do with creating a fair share for those dealers who sell more Ford vehicles. Most of us are well aware, you are not breaking news here.
Market share will still be a factor for dealer allocations. Its not just overall how many vehicles a dealer sells. Its also against that dealers market share against other Ford dealers in their area on how many they will receive.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well then shit were in agreement lol. I don't agree with some of the ways the reservation/allotments are happening. Granger was simply an example of one of the dealers going ahead with heavy discounts that may have reservation holders get screwed. Not grangers fault in any way, they are just the bigger name mentioned in here. A few people wanted to argue that I'm on the other side of it. I was simply stating that this memo is laughable and pretty much a joke based on allocations and how Ford is actually going to do things.
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date 9595E299-63A6-4E92-947A-CD8F7E648514

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if it was mentioned but expect a higher price of $500-$800 for a 2022 versus 2021. But, the value will be about that much higher later on should you sell it, even if the last 2021 came off the factory and the next one was your 2022.

Doesn't help me per say as I plan on keeping it until it dies, but oh well.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let's explain this one last time for the people in the back.
@GetWild, using your words:
Don't be so condescending and you won't get called out.
Sometimes you try to drop a subtle hint, but for the people in the back, you have to repeat yourself.
Except for a few rare cases, a number of salespeople that join Bronco6g start out with their superiority complex intact. When they realize many at Bronco6g see through dealer double speak, then they start to understand the Bronco6g community consumer may just understand BS a little better then the typical salesperson would ever want to give the consumer credit for.

Fortunately there are a number of great dealers and salespeople that have made it their habit to provide great help and insight without one trace of games to the Bronco6g community.

So the question any dealer / salesperson should ask themselves, upon joining Bronco6g is, how do you want to be viewed by the Bronco6g community?

Last edited:

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, it is possible. For example if you could find a dealer that sell lots of Ford vehicles, but doesn't have very many Bronco reservations it could be a sure thing. 25% of the allocation is based solely on their total sales, so their allocation could potentially exceed their total number of Bronco reservations through Jan 31.
I still don't know how all this is going to work but this has always been my hope. My dealer probably doesn't sell lots but they only have two reservations. As a third week in July reservee I was hoping that would be a positive for me.

That being said.... In Canada who knows how any of this will work and how delivery logistics will work.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just like @Kris87 indirectly cautioned in the past and what @GetWild is implying now-If the delivery date is more important than price, you might want to wait before moving your dealer reservation. When @Kris87 first posted the allocation formula it made sense. Its about Ford controlling exposure. Only my guess- but Ford didn't see the @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter ability to redirect product flow. For Ford the allocation formula can correct that. Hearing what @GetWild is saying, I think Ford's market objectives will override your time stamp if you chose the wrong dealer. If you haven't moved your reservation yet, there is nothing to be angry about. You have till Jan 31st to let this shake out. As its been said its a moving target and your opportunity to lock in the best price/ delivery could be sooner. You may think these guys have attitudes but like other dealers they also have an inside track for information. Take it or leave-its your choice.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just like @Kris87 indirectly cautioned in the past and what @GetWild is implying now-If the delivery date is more important than price, you might want to wait before moving your dealer reservation. When @Kris87 first posted the allocation formula it made sense. Its about Ford controlling exposure. Only my guess- but Ford didn't see the @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter ability to redirect product flow. For Ford the allocation formula can correct that. Hearing what @GetWild is saying, I think Ford's market objectives will override your time stamp if you chose the wrong dealer. If you haven't moved your reservation yet, there is nothing to be angry about. You have till Jan 31st to let this shake out. As its been said its a moving target and your opportunity to lock in the best price/ delivery could be sooner. You may think these guys have attitudes but like other dealers they also have an inside track for information. Take it or leave-its your choice.
Yeah, I understand the whole market saturation situation, but Ford needs to realize Granger isn’t selling these to Des Moines area residents only. Ford has the information on where all Granger’s reservation holders are from on their Ford accounts. The information is available to them and they could quickly plot them on a map to easily see where the Granger sales will end up.

I view the current situation as a power play from upset big dealers, since they have local customers leaving for Granger/Stephens/Laura or whatever better deal someone has found. We’ll see how this evolves over the next 3-5 months.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I view the current situation as a power play from upset big dealers
Any sales offering falls into one of two categories...'push', or 'pull'....kinda depending on whether the market is beating a path to your door, or you're having to shove it down their throats.

Auto makers are at dealer's mercy because usually only a couple of their offerings are true 'winners'. The rest are like giving castor oil to a baby.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well said. Thank you for rationally explaining this. ?
Hopefully this will calm some nerves.
Its just information. Do with it what you want. I think the messenger has been killed several times so far. Let’s read the info and make a choice to talk about it or leave it.......
Sponsored