Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hate to admit that I’m so stupid that I can read fifty pages of this thread and still don’t know what’s going on. (I had too much fun in my youth and lost a few brain cells I wish I had back) Somebody help me out...

1) Is the Sept 18th cutoff really just a clerical marker for MY dealer allocation formulas and we are all still ordering the same Broncos with the same options with the same prices OR

2) does Sept 19th really reflect a brand new MY and we should expect two different B&Ps with slight tweaks to prices, trim levels and options?
My take on it:
1) Yes, at least that is how the Ford memo reads, and how we interpret it...... cutoff date for the formula.
2) Maybe....I'll guess the Sept 18th date reflects Ford's expectation of the number of Broncos they can build for the 2021 MY vs the number of reservations they expect will be turned into actual orders. That date could change significantly for the individual reservation holder depending on reservation conversion and how the allocation formula pans out.
Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who’s job is it to educate these people? Ford? Dealer? 6g? Bronco Nation? I think the future customers need to realize they aren’t owed a damn thing dragging their feet and wanting to jump the line in front of reservation holders.
I don't think most of them are trying to jump ahead as much as they just didn't pay attention in any way. I try to keep straight forward with them as I want reservations filled first. I've got a reservation in and am only contesting holding to a 2022 over color. I'm praying we can get sage lol

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's to stop Ford from removing a trim I want, or raising MSRP $1000? It's little things like that I'm concerned about.
Short answer: nothing. But I don't see a reason for it. 21my is going to be only a half year of production. Not a large enough sample to make changes to the lineup. A price increase seems unlikely as supply catches up w/demand. You may end up paying less for more!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He’s not. Read the first post on the thread. Dealers are getting allocation to fill reservation orders based on the formula. You could get screwed based on your dealer not getting enough allocation. That formula has Nothing at all to do with dealer orders for stock.
OK, so to clarify, you are stating that our reservation number and the order we are "in line" no longer has anything to do with when we will get our Broncos? It's all based on how many Broncos our dealer is "allocated" and how quickly we order with our dealer? There was no point in rushing to make a reservation the night of July 13 because I might not get my Bronco for months after someone else who is behind me in line? So, basically everything we've been told by Ford and understood is incorrect and the interpretation of this memo is now gospel?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, so to clarify, you are stating that our reservation number and the order we are "in line" no longer has anything to do with when we will get our Broncos? It's all based on how many Broncos our dealer is "allocated" and how quickly we order with our dealer? There was no point in rushing to make a reservation the night of July 13 because I might not get my Bronco for months after someone else who is behind me in line? So, basically everything we've been told by Ford and understood is incorrect and the interpretation of this memo is now gospel?
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date 05611AF1-3A83-434C-8AE7-3389B0402B13

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It matters as to where you are in line with your dealer. If you reserved the first night, you are probably fine with any dealer, as you’ll be at the front of their line. But yes...Ford was misleading to the consumer in what they said about how it would work. They buckled and changed it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could get screwed based on your dealer not getting enough allocation.
Actually, I won't get screwed at all. Ford will. Because this multi-Ford-owning guy who has influenced his parents and children to buy Ford will walk and never come back. You don't create a reservation system a year in advance of vehicle delivery and continually promote that process and then completely ignore it and screw over devoted customers. Right now, I trust more that Ford wouldn't make such a colossal mistake than some random dealership employee trying to interpret a memo. But if I'm wrong, my reservation will not be converted to an order. And my next car won't have a blue oval.

Last edited:

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone trying to figure out exactly when they get their bronco and I'm sitting here waiting for B&P like

7EY6.gif

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow...this is all really starting to piss me off!!!

Ford initially told their customers orders would be filled as close to reservation dates as possible. I completely understand prioritization based on model, material availability and even regional delivery. But all this dealer preferences bullshit is just that...BULLSHIT!

"F" Ford...and "F" their F'ing Bronco! Jeep Rubicon here I come! I'm out!!!
I wouldn't quit yet. For all we know, these could be Jeep dealers trying to mind-screw us. ? I will wait and see what reality is before I make an irreversible decision.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you experianced was a publicity stunt for the tour is my guess. One of the things that gave Ford an edge allowing them to cut expenses was a production line where only one model option package and color was produced. Allowed the company to produce higher qulity cars at a cheaper price. Previous each car would be configured as ordered slowing the assembly line down resulting in higher prices cars with more ah oh's.
Anyone can tour the Ford Rouge plant where F-150s are made and confirm exactly what the prior post said: the vehicles coming down the line are in no specific order with regard to color or specific options. That's the great thing about computer automation. The computer can tell you exactly what options/features need to be installed on that VIN.

P.S. If anyone ever finds themselves in the Detroit area, I highly recommend getting the combined ticket for the Ford museum and Rouge factory tour. ????

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually, I won't get screwed at all. Ford will. Because this multi-Ford-owning guy who has influenced his parents and children to buy Ford will walk and never come back. You don't create a reservation system a year in advance of vehicle delivery and continually promote that process and then completely ignore it and screw over devotes customers. Right now, I trust more that Ford wouldn't make such a colossal mistake than some random dealership employee trying to interpret a memo. But if I'm wrong, my reservation will not be converted to an order. And my next car won't have a blue oval.
Follow up on what @Gamecock said- I believe its been stated that when your order is converted and it clears the initial allocation, it will be built in the global time stamp order subject to commodities etc.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some on this forum have said that a reservation made prior to Sept 18 may end up being a MY22 versus a MY21 because of allocation. I am trying to determine if this is being said just to create FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt)?
Therefore, considering the above assumptions, wouldn’t it be illogical for Ford to select a cutoff date that would not allow them to satisfy the MY21 demand? A demand that they just created by selecting the stated cutoff date. Sadly the allocation formula may impact MY21 delivery schedule, but it should not affect the MY designation.
The memo, if genuine, is clear that Ford does not expect to fulfill all reservation orders in MY21 (they said that demand "far exceeds" MY21 production capacity).

We know that larger dealers will fulfill a higher percentage of their reservations, so we can make an informed choice of which dealer we select. Plus the critical part is that we know that Ford will inform each dealer of approximately how many 2021's they will actually get, so we can ask/beg/pressure dealers to disclose our chances before ordering.

Ford didn't disclose what would happen to unfulfilled reservations, but they could potentially be built as MY2022 at the same price. That is what I would assume for now if I had a later reservation.

I have an early reservation, so allocations are irrelevant, but I am waiting to see how a demand that outstrips production capacity impacts the B&P. I am hoping that Ford waits until Feb1 to raise B&P prices (on new non-reservation orders).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can someone correct my understanding if I'm wrong here:

Reservations for 2021MY made after Sept 18 are essentially converted to MY2022, without any info for pricing, trims, or packages?
I would expect Ford to clear this up. I don't see how they can assume that if you reserved a 21, everyone would be OK with a 22. With more then 2 months left until order time, I expect more changes to come.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's to stop Ford from removing a trim I want, or raising MSRP $1000? It's little things like that I'm concerned about.
Very likely to happen. I don't see how they can take reservations after Sept 17th and put them in the same bucket.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given the cutoff date/ allocation issue, it’s getting more unclear as to when we would get our Bronco’s.

Many people(including me) will be more than upset if our August or even late July reservations were pushed into 22my.

At what point will we find out when we would get the Bronco? Would I be able to call my dealer tomorrow and find out if my reservation is getting pushed to 22my. Would the dealers now have the math needed to see when their dealership’s cutoff date is due to allocation rules?

i need to decide whether to wait indefinitely for a Bronco or get a Wrangler now.
Sponsored