Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Without reading all of this post (sorry if this is a repeat).
I called Ford Cust Serv. The very nice lady said well, it was October 31st, then Jan 31st, but they switched it back to October 31st. Don't get caught if you need to make a switch. Damn moving target at Ford.
Sponsored

jimeb

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without reading all of this post (sorry if this is a repeat).
I called Ford Cust Serv. The very nice lady said well, it was October 31st, then Jan 31st, but they switched it back to October 31st. Don't get caught if you need to make a switch. Damn moving target at Ford.
I also called Ford Cust Serv. The service rep put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and then said the same thing, it was October 31st, then Jan 31st, but they switched it back to October 31st.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also called Ford Cust Serv. The service rep put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and then said the same thing, it was October 31st, then Jan 31st, but they switched it back to October 31st.
The below info was posted on BN earlier today.

Reservation holders for the 2021 Bronco can update their dealer selection until January 31, 2021 according to information obtained exclusively by Bronco Nation. Reservation holders can contact Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection. Ford has confirmed that by changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer’s reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp which is important for future owners in securing their place in line.

For those reservation holders who are seeking to change their dealer for a second time, Ford has confirmed that this can be accomplished by contacting the same Ford Customer Support center toll free number for assistance in updating their dealer selection until January 31, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer’s reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

jimeb

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Called again this morning. Ford Customer Service said they received notification this morning that the date was moved (again) to Jan31, and the reservation holder is not limited to only one reservation transfer. He had not received any info on Xplan, so he could not comment.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Called again this morning. Ford Customer Service said they received notification this morning that the date was moved (again) to Jan31, and the reservation holder is not limited to only one reservation transfer. He had not received any info on Xplan, so he could not comment.
So Ford releases all this info (moving dates, x-plan, etc.) and they don't inform their customer service departments? LOL. They should have the information before going live with new information. Those $12/hr reps are underpaid at Ford the last 4 months, that's for sure. I bet many of those reps are questioning wth is going on.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, you were supposed to complain about every aspect of the bronco, start a few petitions on change.org, threaten to cancel your reservation several times and buy a jeep, and also get in a drunk e-fight with another forum member over transmission preference.

If you haven't done any of that you won't get a Bronco until 2069.
I have to admit, I engaged in at least one of those things. LOL at "drunk e-fight"!!!!

Big Fixer

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No your designated dealer will informed you to come over to finalize your order, when their officially allowed. But I went to dealer just to make sure they have my info and picked a sales person with good reviews, so I will be set when they times comes. He just needs your time stamped order
Thank you for the clarification. I will take your advice on the sales person idea.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made my order July 14 from a lower volume dealer that is a family friend. It appears high volume dealers get more allocation. Do I need to switch to a higher volume dealer to get my Bronco sooner?
Not necessarily. The allocation is ALSO based on the % of reservations converted into orders and the number of Wrangler/4Runner/etc registrations in your particular area ("competitive registrations"). Also, how you option your Bronco will affect when it gets built, because they will probably set up the assembly line to pump out the most popular optioned models, at least to some extent, at first.

So I think its definitely possible that an an order from a smaller dealer could get you your Bronco at about the same time as a larger dealer. For instance, the larger dealer could have a lot of people not follow through with an order, and those that do just order a bunch of run of the mill Outer Banks or Big Bends and those get built before yours. At least thats how Im processing all this. Just hard to really know for sure.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not necessarily. The allocation is ALSO based on the % of reservations converted into orders and the number of Wrangler/4Runner/etc registrations in your particular area ("competitive registrations"). Also, how you option your Bronco will affect when it gets built, because they will probably set up the assembly line to pump out the most popular optioned models, at least to some extent, at first.

So I think its definitely possible that an an order from a smaller dealer could get you your Bronco at about the same time as a larger dealer. For instance, the larger dealer could have a lot of people not follow through with an order, and those that do just order a bunch of run of the mill Outer Banks or Big Bends and those get built before yours. At least thats how Im processing all this. Just hard to really know for sure.
My thinking on the smaller dealers is if you are in the first half of their reservations, that will work. If your reservation is further back and they have a lot of reservations, the chances of an early delivery get pretty slim since the next allocations continue to get smaller.

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is official communications confirming that the new reservation move cut-off date is January 31, 2021 and the 2021 Model Year reservations cut-off date is September 18, 2020 (any reservations made after September 18, 2020 will be 2022 Model Year).

2021 Ford Bronco reservation change date and 21MY cutoff date.jpg
With all the wild speculation going round - I thought it would be a good refresher to revisit factual information. Even if it is old.

The dates referenced may no longer be relevant (except for the 9/18 cutoff - at least that we know), but this should give everyone some clues as to what Ford anticipates will still be buildable as MY21 or rolling into MY22. It also is a reminder of how allocation is intended to work.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date Screenshot_20210130-103344_Chrome

This thread looked like the official "change my dealership deadline" thread, surprised it hadn't been updated with this info....amiright?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need some advice. I have day 3 reservation at a small dealership. My dealer told me last week she had 53 reservations. Am I ok or do I need to change to a larger dealership? And having asked that,how do I find out who are the largest dealerships in my area?
I had a day 3 reservation at a dealer with 120+ reservations and 38 allocations and my order is in already.
Sponsored