Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BLUF;

-Reserved March 1 2021.
-Ordered June 2 2021 (due to moving across the country, was not a priority at the time).
-Dealer I reserved from said "..yes we will order you a MY21".
-Ford customer service calls June 22 "Your MY21 order has been pushed to MY22 due to commodity restriction" (my understanding for the push was MIC, SAS, 2.7).

This is all the info that I can provide at this time. Being the only "credible" information directly from ford, this is all I can attest to. So apparently Ford is "pushing" late MY21 reservation / orders to MY22 automatically...or my dealer just did a MY22 pre order. I dont work there, so who knows

Also, this is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle this way, I now know I can mark this up to ignorance on my part, and just wait my turn. Its not the end of the world, just have to wait longer. I hope everyone gets their Broncos soon, that way I can prepare myself from experiences that other owners will go through.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BLUF;

-Reserved March 1 2021.
-Ordered June 2 2021 (due to moving across the country, was not a priority at the time).
-Dealer I reserved from said "..yes we will order you a MY21".
-Ford customer service calls June 22 "Your MY21 order has been pushed to MY22 due to commodity restriction" (my understanding for the push was MIC, SAS, 2.7).

This is all the info that I can provide at this time. Being the only "credible" information directly from ford, this is all I can attest to. So apparently Ford is "pushing" late MY21 reservation / orders to MY22 automatically...or my dealer just did a MY22 pre order. I dont work there, so who knowe

Also, this is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle this way, I now know I can mark this up to ignorance on my part, and just wait my turn. Its not the end of the world, just have to wait longer. I hope everyone gets their Broncos soon, that way I can prepare myself from experiences that other owners will go through.
Thank you very much for this! This helps a lot to understand.

I'm legit amazed that ford customer service reached out to you directly to tell you this. (additionally if anyone was going to be communicating something like this to a purchaser, I would have expected it would be the dealership)

It's an incredibly safe bet to say that between your reservation date and your build, you would be waiting until MY22 anyway, but you're the first we've heard of *anyone* being explicitly told they were a MY22 and not in the running for a MY21.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm legit amazed that ford customer service (and not the dealership) reached out to you directly to tell you this.

It's an incredibly safe bet to say that between your reservation date and your build, you would be waiting until MY22 anyway, but you're the first we've heard of *anyone* being explicitly told they were a MY22 and not in the running for a MY21.

Thanks!
No problem man, sorry for the confusion on my part. This is a first for the ordering directly from a manufacturer, utilizing a car forum and trying to sort through a ton of information in order to understand what everyone is talking about. Still learning everyday. If i hear more ill let you know.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very interesting that Ford Customer Service out called you to share that information. Donā€™t think weā€™ve seen that before. Thanks for sharing OP.

FWIW you have a great attitude around this whole process, thanks for sharing your experience!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm legit amazed that ford customer service reached out to you directly to tell you this.
I guess they had a free minute or two between the 40,000 daily calls asking for a build date?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess they had a free minute or two between the 40,000 daily calls asking for a build date?
The thought I had was that I wouldn't put it past a forum member pretending to be ford, calling around to others, trying to convince people to cancel.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm legit amazed that ford customer service reached out to you directly to tell you this. (additionally if anyone was going to be communicating something like this to a purchaser, I would have expected it would be the dealership)

Thanks!
It was probably the dealer pretending to be Ford Customer Service. :LOL:

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very interesting that Ford Customer Service out called you to share that information. Donā€™t think weā€™ve seen that before. Thanks for sharing OP.

FWIW you have a great attitude around this whole process, thanks for sharing your experience!
I was surprised as much as you are. I thought it was a spam call at first when I saw generic 888 number come up. I like to answer those to mess with the extended warranty people lol.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the last part of the order window of MY21. Unfortunately I was pushed to MY22 production. Im not mad, just need to wait patiently. Just a heads up for others to check your build dates. I can only assume that it was the MIC top and SAS that pushed my later. Its all good though. Just gonna ride it out, my dudes and dudettes.
At least you have patience. Iā€™m choosing to wait until 23 so thereā€™s no restrictions on options. Watch and see how many people that just absolutely had to have it first are having some sweet buyers regret a year or so from now. The fear of missing out struggle is real for lots of folks.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in the last part of the order window of MY21. Unfortunately I was pushed to MY22 production. Im not mad, just need to wait patiently. Just a heads up for others to check your build dates. I can only assume that it was the MIC top and SAS that pushed my later. Its all good though. Just gonna ride it out, my dudes and dudettes.
We may get some different options in 22
Sponsored