Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then you would know the last 2% can be the hardest.
Definitely.
The closer you get to full capacity, the harder it is to make ground and dot all the I's and cross the T's.
All we can do as a consumer out here waiting and wondering is trust the right people did the right things as required to at least make target dates.
Beating them is a giant and added plus.
I'm going to trust their expertise until I have a concrete reason not to.
People are going to shred that and laugh, I know.
If we didn't trust in it, all of the reservists and converted orders would not exist.
Every one of us in that boat are going on complete trust and faith that we will enjoy and be happy with a sight-unseen, undriven product at a substantial outlay of $.
I have to trust they know "What's up".
It is what they do and they are the experts in the field.
If I didn't have faith in Ford's ability to perform I wouldn't be here and neither would any of the rest of us.
The next month or two will tell us a lot.
Once we start seeing actual production flowing and we all start getting our "expected delivery window" things will shake out a bit better.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every one of us in that boat are going on complete trust and faith that we will enjoy and be happy with a sight-unseen, undriven product at a substantial outlay of $.
While we can say that we're taking a risk buying something sight unseen I'd say the risk is actually quite low considering that if you take delivery of your Bronco and don't like it you'll be able to resell it at possibly a tidy profit. Better risk than that guy who just sold the Super Snake and lost untold hundreds of thousands...

4D-Beach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Badlands 4dr st 2.3l 7mt mid ppf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EE86D63C-4CDB-4FAC-8A98-911994337B02.jpeg

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, as I am sure many on this post, have purchased a first year model of a car sight unseen. I did it just three years ago with an automobile company that at the time had been around for 50 years and have had no problems. Ford has been making vehicles for what, a 100+ years, it's not their first rodeo. I'm staying positive on that front.

I will go lay eyes on a Bronco for the first time this Saturday in Cleveland so I can check the optical satisfaction box. off I imagine. As far as test driving, that was never a personal concern. I've owned a Wrangler that was automatic and I've owned a WRX that was manual, totally different driving experiences and I loved them both. My new MT Badlands should fall somewhere in between, right?;)

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, oddly enough, with most of both statements. And they aren't necessarily contradictory.
After running the amount they already have (and continue to), all of the value stream mapping, kanbans, warehouse-line crating and carts, work flow, and sub assembly operations should be proofed out by now and weak areas already addressed and fixed.
I've been part of assembly/paint line operations for a couple of decades and for a company their size with the time they have had to set it up and launch, it would amaze the socks off of me if they aren't sitting at about 98% effective and ready by now.
They have had a lot of time and a lot of product to identify bottlenecks and constraints, revamp the storage and transfer of parts to avoid rework issues, and lean-proof the process.
I understand it JUST started officially this week, so I would expect a slow start at first to get the kanbans full and product flow going.
If they aren't at or above 98% production speed in a week from now it is more than likely due to two things, maybe even both at the same time:
Skilled labor
Component constraint (due to parts and/or manpower on the supplier level).
IF it is line design then industrial engineers somewhere dropped some major balls.
So in a week hundreds of people are going to be proficient at building a vehicle they have worked on maybe a few dozen times at line speed? Even if MAP hired all Supermen and wonder women the hundreds of newly designed parts have to arrive one time, undamaged, fit correctly and work as designed.
An enormous amount of work goes into launching a new vehicle. As stated the 2% slow the process until the slowest zebra is at line speed.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in a week hundreds of people are going to be proficient at building a vehicle they have worked on maybe a few dozen times at line speed? Even if MAP hired all Supermen and wonder women the hundreds of newly designed parts have to arrive one time, undamaged, fit correctly and work as designed.
An enormous amount of work goes into launching a new vehicle. As stated the 2% slow the process until the slowest zebra is at line speed.
Lol, ok. Sure.
However, on that line of thought I guess it means those hundreds of people have been doing nothing in the past 3 months and are not current employees/people with automotive assembly line experience.
They hired hundreds off the street in the last week/yesterday to build an iconic machine.
Prolly not, Amigo.
I'd wager that the majority of them are current Ford employees who already have experience building Ford vehicles with the Ford management system and production systems well known already. And naturally some new techs as well.

They have had literally months of production and a lot more than a few dozen units built so far, to proof out all of the things you mention. Again.
I never said it was perfect but I did say they've had time to work out most of the kinks. and SHOULD be really, really close to target.
As I also said, if they are not it is due to either:
parts
people

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, they would need a line of The Flash and Cyborg. Flash will be quick and Cyborg will make sure everything gets done correctly. Add in Alfred for management.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol, ok. Sure.
However, on that line of thought I guess it means those hundreds of people have been doing nothing in the past 3 months and are not current employees/people with automotive assembly line experience.
They hired hundreds off the street in the last week/yesterday to build an iconic machine.
Prolly not, Amigo.
I'd wager that the majority of them are current Ford employees who already have experience building Ford vehicles with the Ford management system and production systems well known already. And naturally some new techs as well.

They have had literally months of production and a lot more than a few dozen units built so far, to proof out all of the things you mention. Again.
I never said it was perfect but I did say they've had time to work out most of the kinks. and SHOULD be really, really close to target.
As I also said, if they are not it is due to either:
parts
people
All it takes to build a car are people and parts, just like anybody with a football can be a NFL QB.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Ford have an onlyfans account for the Bronco? Asking for a friend....

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY: Phase 1 Mass Production of the 2021 Bronco! [Updated With Units Produced Daily] 1617213897428

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In business you focus on the sales you haven't made, not the ones you have. Getting FY21 buyer into loaded demos might get them to up level some options (bonus for Ford). But the real focus is on FY22 buyers.
Yep, Sales has no loyalty to those who have already committed, no return at this point to stay involved so on to the new money. Cant blame them.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember last year I showed my Dad the new bronco on pictures and I he asked me are you going to get it? I said yes, he said, then get it son, I looked straight into his eyes and told him you going to be the first person to ride with me, and he smiled at me. Unfortunately he just passed a week ago, but in my mind and my heart he will always ride with me. "I'll always miss you Dad". Thanks for sharing Ross, great news!!
I get you man! My Bronco is being built with only my son in mind. He was waiting for the Bronco to be released. We lost him at the age of 21 in June. He had been fighting depression for awhile. This Bronco is now something I work on with him in my head... Every time I see a new milestone with production I break and cry. Wife and I haven't figured out how or where we'll take possession, because we are going to lose our shit for sure... Sometimes a car is more than it's parts...

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs