First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real question is... Who’s on the line taking pictures for us? Let’s see these beauties roll down!
I'll bet Ford could sell subscriptions to a camera feed of one point on the line and make enough off of that from us to buy pizza for the production workers every day. Win/win/win!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that mean the dealers will not be able to sell their demos? Or as of today all vehicles will have legal VINs to sell? When will VIN 001 get built?
Not for 6 months. But since some dealers were probably already scamming the system by entering orders for customers who didn't order (so they could have those to sell), they probably will keep these Broncos as display/demo units until they start getting dealer stock.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now Ford needs cameras at every step of the process and when your Bronco's on the line you get a link sent to you so you can watch the whole build.
Not gonna lie, I would probably pay a reasonable* amount to be able to livestream my Bronco being built along with a downloadable copy. 😄

* Reasonable meaning $20 in my mind, but if the price was higher, I'd probably still bite. Not gonna try and figure out the line I would not cross. :ROFLMAO:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHERE IS MY BRONCO? :mad:
Well, unless you reserved the first couple days it’s at least a year away. But you seem like a patient person so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Onthegas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch 5/9/22
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not gonna lie, I would probably pay a reasonable* amount to be able to livestream my Bronco being built along with a downloadable copy. 😄

* Reasonable meaning $20 in my mind, but if the price was higher, I'd probably still bite. Not gonna try and figure out the line I would not cross. :ROFLMAO:
A “How it’s Made“ Ford Bronco episode could be a PPV event!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pop the corks! After a commodity shortage delayed yesterday's planned start, Bronco officially entered Phase 1 Mass Production at 8:30 a.m. today. These early builds will be used for press rides and dealer demos, and the official Job 1 date remains unchanged as 5/3, legally sellable, VIN numbered Broncos are moving thru the dedicated MAP body shop on their way to final assembly.
So if Job 1 date is supposed to be 5/3, are we thinking we'll have our delivery date timelines in early May? As I'd assume they wouldn't just start building random Bronco's, and would be building to the build submissions.

I was just assuming Memorial Day would be when we got our delivery dates, but seems doubtful they'd go a full month of building random Broncos...

Or I guess they could start on the FE's, since there really isn't much choice there. Gotta believe at least a few in each color has been ordered.

sorry, that was pretty much just a stream of consciousness there.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if Job 1 date is supposed to be 5/3, are we thinking we'll have our delivery date timelines in early May? As I'd assume they wouldn't just start building random Bronco's, and would be building to the build submissions.

I was just assuming Memorial Day would be when we got our delivery dates, but seems doubtful they'd go a full month of building random Broncos...

Or I guess they could start on the FE's, since there really isn't much choice there. Gotta believe at least a few in each color has been ordered.

sorry, that was pretty much just a stream of consciousness there.
From my experience special-ordering a vehicle from Ford, there can be a surprisingly long time from "it was produced" to "it's here at the dealership." I'd stick to that late-May thinking at the earliest. It might even be that Ford holds a bunch of Broncos to ship so that many arrive at nearly the same time at dealerships. Also, don't forget that most vehicles get shipped by rail most of the way (not a fast process) and only end up on carriers for the last part of the journey.

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From my experience special-ordering a vehicle from Ford, there can be a surprisingly long time from "it was produced" to "it's here at the dealership." I'd stick to that late-May think at the earliest. It might even be that Ford holds a bunch of Broncos to ship so that many arrive at nearly the same time at dealerships. Also, don't forget that most vehicles get shipped by rail most of the way (not a fast process) and only end up on carriers for the last part of the journey.
oh yeah, for sure. And that's a good point. Thx. I guess I've been so focused on build, that I was just thinking delivery date would be when the car was being built vs (what the title actually is), the delivery date to the dealer. which makes sense.

And yeah, I didn't/don't expect the build date (if we're provided that) and delivery date necessarily being close to each other. Logistically Ford will do was is most cost effective. Gotta keep that $1495 low... don't need it being $2k or more! haha

Mr Smith

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C400 , 2015 Grand Cherokee , 2004 F250 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pop the corks! After a commodity shortage delayed yesterday's planned start, Bronco officially entered Phase 1 Mass Production at 8:30 a.m. today. These early builds will be used for press rides and dealer demos, and the official Job 1 date remains unchanged as 5/3, legally sellable, VIN numbered Broncos are moving thru the dedicated MAP body shop on their way to final assembly.
I'am so ready,,,,,

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lets hope the fire in China at the chip plant yesterday doesn't cause much of a slowdown. They say it will be at least a month before production for that plant resumes.