Sponsored

Offroad Navigation? Is it real? What trim do you need to get it.....

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I broke the road show representatives today when I asked to see offroad navigation, no one could pull it up on a High package Badlands or a Mid Squatch Big Bend. Has anyone seen it ? I was under the impression all Broncos had some form of trail mapping. The reps thought High or above. But couldnt produce literature or make either truck show the offroad app. Someone said it was a phone app, but why would i want phone navigation when my truck has nav..... looking for anyt real literature from ford or first hand knoweledge.

Anyone shed any light? I didnt get a vin today, I can change options......
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from what I understand it will definitely involve an app on your phone, not clear if it will show maps via car play or from some internal app, but to record your trail run and take pictures and later share it you will need a phone, I don't think any of the camera feeds in the Bronco can record to anything.
Supposedly a lot of curated trails with info, photos, etc, sounds really good, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think it has been shown yet? I don't have time to look at the threads Apples shared, have to make dinner now. But I'm looking forward to checking all that out.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FordPass Performance comes with Mid Package and above.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems the screenshots in those articles without a "battery bar" are sync 4 screenshots and the ones with are from a phone. I read these before however missed a few key words. Looks like the phone and bronco are both necessary for the trail map feature. first read through the three articles i thought it was just being used for trail footage and telemetry, but it definitely looks like the phone is loading the maps or waypoints into the bronco.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It seems the screenshots in those articles without a "battery bar" are sync 4 screenshots and the ones with are from a phone. I read these before however missed a few key words. Looks like the phone and bronco are both necessary for the trail map feature. first read through the three articles i thought it was just being used for trail footage and telemetry, but it definitely looks like the phone is loading the maps or waypoints into the bronco.
Agreed, but looks like you can display the app via Android Auto or Carplay and it will make use of the built in GPS antenna. Plus, apparently ties into the CAN bus to pull pitch, roll, 4x4 modes, etc?

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe I saw a quote from Ford saying that that app is still under development, so it isn't live yet. Not sure on timeline.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/702373

This could be an alternative to buying MID.

-has a radio
-has pitch and roll gauges
-upgradable to sat based communication
-can add on a 6 way wireless relay box to control more accessories
-can use the add on backup camera as a front trail cam if it was ever a regret

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm with you on that..where is this infamous Trail maps.

I'm getting the High Package plus the built in Nav so I figured it would be in there somewhere but never bothered to confirm.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The unfortunate answer seems to be "trail maps" IS Ford Performance Pass. I'm looking at the Garmin option hard the real estate of a radio VS this unit and everything you can piggyback (like the relay box) onto it is pretty solid......., I do not want BLISS. Mid adds Bliss, sensors and assists I dont have a need for.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not all part of your phone and the Ford "app". Check out this: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-the-beaten-path-telenav-ford-navigation.html

• Ford and Telenav are helping ensure their connected navigation technologies continue working on far-off adventures unlike smartphone mapping apps that cease to work outside cellular range
  • New SYNC 4 connected vehicle technology features Telenav’s navigation that includes specialized route suggestions for towing and off-roading
  • The available hybrid navigation solution, which stores maps and continues routing if adventures take drivers out of cell coverage, is part of the SYNC 4 technology available in the newly redesigned Ford F-150 and Bronco

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not all part of your phone and the Ford "app". Check out this: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-the-beaten-path-telenav-ford-navigation.html

• Ford and Telenav are helping ensure their connected navigation technologies continue working on far-off adventures unlike smartphone mapping apps that cease to work outside cellular range
  • New SYNC 4 connected vehicle technology features Telenav’s navigation that includes specialized route suggestions for towing and off-roading
  • The available hybrid navigation solution, which stores maps and continues routing if adventures take drivers out of cell coverage, is part of the SYNC 4 technology available in the newly redesigned Ford F-150 and Bronco
Unfortunately, ford.com has had promising information before that was later changed with complete disregard to future Bronco owners, e.g. the reservation system.

I'm having to redesign a purchasing matrix nearly every week. I hope it's entirely phome independent, but it's already been publicized that Ford's systems tattle on you and they have sent, or otherwise allowed access to, the information to the police.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

the last Bullet.....AVAILABLE...... on a mid or above.

Looks like a "base" Badlands with no packages has no trail map system... from current intel.... I have given my email to a ford representative from someone in the know. the would not give me that employees email address for me to compose the question.
Sponsored