Sponsored

Offroad Navigation? Is it real? What trim do you need to get it.....

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The apps AllTrails and Gaia GPS have off-road trail mapping and Gaia can have trails loaded for out-of-cellular-range usage. I’m not sure if you can plan a route when already out of range though the mapping still works. Gaia works through CarPlay and I believe also through Android Auto although I’m not sure on the Android.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It might be an Sync 4 app that is not yet available. Probably automatically downloaded win Ford is finished with the app

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The apps AllTrails and Gaia GPS have off-road trail mapping and Gaia can have trails loaded for out-of-cellular-range usage. I’m not sure if you can plan a route when already out of range though the mapping still works. Gaia works through CarPlay and I believe also through Android Auto although I’m not sure on the Android.
OnX BackCountry is another good app for the backwoods.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You beat me to it, I was just going to add OnX. LOL
These latter ones are already populated with years of information, so the Ford one has some catching up to do. Not sure If I really care about when I engaged a locker or other telemetry. For me, it's about finding the trail and getting off the trail if it's one I don't do all the time.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You beat me to it, I was just going to add OnX. LOL
These latter ones are already populated with years of information, so the Ford one has some catching up to do. Not sure If I really care about when I engaged a locker or other telemetry. For me, it's about finding the trail and getting off the trail if it's one I don't do all the time.
the last sentence. find trail drive trail. I have three three kids. im sure go pros will be getting footage.

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from what I understand it will definitely involve an app on your phone, not clear if it will show maps via car play or from some internal app, but to record your trail run and take pictures and later share it you will need a phone, I don't think any of the camera feeds in the Bronco can record to anything.
Supposedly a lot of curated trails with info, photos, etc, sounds really good, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think it has been shown yet? I don't have time to look at the threads Apples shared, have to make dinner now. But I'm looking forward to checking all that out.
I believe this depends on which Navigation system you get. One is online only other is offline capable. What this means for Ford performance pass, who knows.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang, I should have looked for it when I rode in the Outerbanks on Wednesday. It had the lux package and all.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's not all part of your phone and the Ford "app". Check out this: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-the-beaten-path-telenav-ford-navigation.html

• Ford and Telenav are helping ensure their connected navigation technologies continue working on far-off adventures unlike smartphone mapping apps that cease to work outside cellular range
  • New SYNC 4 connected vehicle technology features Telenav’s navigation that includes specialized route suggestions for towing and off-roading
  • The available hybrid navigation solution, which stores maps and continues routing if adventures take drivers out of cell coverage, is part of the SYNC 4 technology available in the newly redesigned Ford F-150 and Bronco
It appears to be both. From the BN article, it looks like you can curate and save trails in the phone app and then display them on Bronco screen. The Bronco infotainment system can overlay vehicle information on top of the app information. When you lose cell service it can continue updating your route etc via the GPS. What's not clear is if you need the phone app for the whole thing to function or if that's just the curated trails.

From the article,

Now that you’ve planned out your trail ride, what’s it like to use the app as you go down the trail? The app is available in Apple Carplay and AndroidAuto, so you don’t have to leave those environments if you don’t want to. This amazing experience happens entirely on the 8” or 12” display in your Bronco. Also, according to Shane, Ford’s Sync 4 system allows for easy switching between the CarPlay or AndroidAuto environment and the native Sync 4 environment. So if your Bronco is properly equipped, you can switch over to the Trail Cam for the technical portions of trails and then quickly get back to FordPass Performance.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gaia GPS on Android Auto is not available yet (ever?)
https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360037585993-Android-auto-status

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I broke the road show representatives today when I asked to see offroad navigation, no one could pull it up on a High package Badlands or a Mid Squatch Big Bend. Has anyone seen it ? I was under the impression all Broncos had some form of trail mapping. The reps thought High or above. But couldnt produce literature or make either truck show the offroad app. Someone said it was a phone app, but why would i want phone navigation when my truck has nav..... looking for anyt real literature from ford or first hand knoweledge.

Anyone shed any light? I didnt get a vin today, I can change options......
If they had an option to delete the dang touchscreen altogether I would take it and PAY for it!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has to be 'activated' in the Ford Pass app due to being behind a paywall, so I doubt these demo cars have the system activated, even if the feature is ready for prime time, which I doubt.
Sponsored