First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I read that earlier something about trying to transition to EV and these people don't have the skills outside of ICE or something like that.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope they are all suits
More info…

Ford to Cut 3,000 Jobs Amid Restructuring

Ford Motor plans to cut about 3,000 jobs, a move that will affect salaried and contract workers, according to an internal email sent to employees.

Automotive News was the first to report the news after reviewing the email. TechCrunch has confirmed the layoffs and viewed the internal email.

The job cuts, which many have anticipated since Ford launched its restructuring efforts, will affect employees throughout its global operations. However, most of the cuts will be in the U.S., Canada and people working at the Ford Business Services operation in India. About 2,000 are salaried employees and 1,000 are agency [personnel].

The letter to employees, written by Bill Ford and CEO Jim Farley, notes that the layoffs follow significant restructuring in Ford operations outside of North America over the past couple of years.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just middle management, I'm sure they'll be happy to go work out on the floor for awhile and clear up the backlogs.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I guess Josh Halliburton, the new director of quality, figured out how to restructure those under him. We can hope the dead wood gets laid off to make room for some quality, Quality people.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I guess Josh Halliburton, the new director of quality, figured out how to restructure those under him. We can hope the dead wood gets laid off to make room for some quality, Quality people.
Don’t hold your breath

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford’s sales through the first 6 months of 2022 were down, but not as much as the other large auto companies. Tesla will soon be one of the largest U.S. based car companies with foreseeable growth for at least the next few years at 50% or greater. They seem to be the only ones to have grown since the supply chain mess started in 2020. They almost doubled YOY compared to 2021.

Ford Bronco Oh great, this isn't going to speed things up - Ford to cut 3,000 jobs 1248EECD-7E99-4805-9ACE-179143053EFE
Sponsored