First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. I got one of the very first mic 2.0 tops and mine came delaminating. Somewhere is a thread with at least 100 pages of replies and further examples.

It's a known issue that they don't care about.

JDHRNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak, 2023 WildTrak, 2024 Grenadier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My WildTrak was produced mid to end of July 2021 and I didn’t take delivery of it until October 2021. I know it was sitting that long due to a MIC 1.0 hardtop issue. Within a month of receiving the truck, my clamshell was delaminating, so much for 2.0. Currently there are commodity restraints in Ontario on 2.7L engines, WildTrak and MIC hardtops, so Ford is obviously having issues with those options.

Sponsored

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still trying to get thru my dealer about my cracking roof. Contacted them about 5 times now. Will call again this week cuz if it’s gonna take 4 months to get a replacement I’d like them to get it ordered now.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Still trying to get thru my dealer about my cracking roof. Contacted them about 5 times now. Will call again this week cuz if it’s gonna take 4 months to get a replacement I’d like them to get it ordered now.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stand corrected !!

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How can you tell if it's a 1.0 or 2.0? I've no idea what is on mine.
Built 6/2021
Mine is an 8/3/21 build. It is a dirt mtn refugee. The top has stickers dating it made or installed 9/21/21.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Shocking, I know, this must be the first reported defective MIC roof.

Thank goodness its not like every other MIC roof is defective and would be something that Ford would actually need to address publicly. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

CC220

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT500, 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 24V Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2022 Wildtrak top has also started to bubble. Took delivery in March

Today the dealership said that there is nothing wrong with the top in their opinion and therefore it is not a warranty issue. I guess they expected that it would only last 2 months without any defects?

Now I’m afraid that this is going to be a battle with the dealership to get it resolved.

Anyone have any suggestions?

BCBB6AA6-8479-4D5F-B75A-F6C0FE6B6EA9.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Today the dealership said that there is nothing wrong with the top in their opinion and therefore it is not a warranty issue. I guess they expected that it would only last 2 months without any defects?

Now I’m afraid that this is going to be a battle with the dealership to get it resolved.

Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! BCBB6AA6-8479-4D5F-B75A-F6C0FE6B6EA9
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN number and dealer info, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

CC220

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT500, 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 24V Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! BCBB6AA6-8479-4D5F-B75A-F6C0FE6B6EA9
Just to update this post, the dealership later agreed to contact FoMoCo about the issue and a replacement top will be ordered under warranty. Also, the Ford Motor Company social Media rep did follow up on this and I was later contacted by a Customer Experience Rep who also followed up with my local dealership. So, it appears it will be resolved.

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy all, just traded softop (off my rig 19,000 miles) for a hardtop (his rig 400 miles) with another gentleman. Have had it out in the sun 3 days max and now I'm getting the snakeskin/honeycomb defect. Taking to the dealer to look at, am I hosed warranty wise? Have the original hardtop owner's VIN just in case.

thumbnail_IMG_0357.jpg
Sponsored