Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.0 never seemed like a significant improvement to me. Mine has some issues as well, but I'm going to hold off on the warranty claim until they can actually figure this thing out. Really (and this will never happen) I wish Ford would just offer an upgrade program when the Mod top comes out. Give us a credit for what we paid for the mic, and offer the mod at OE pricing.
You are so rightā€¦. Unless your top is leaking, these guys are foolishly jumping the gun, I feelā€¦. Let Ford sort this out, THEN go for the warranty!

I donā€™t even know if Iā€™m having any of the issues Iā€™m reading about on here, other than the fact that itā€™s definitely NOT leaking, so who cares???

I mean, these guys are complaining about panels being slightly lighter/darker than others? Really?? I could never live like thatā€”just worried about every little last detail. Plus, itā€™s a ā€œground-upā€ new vehicleā€”so you expect there to be NO issues? Isnā€™t that a bit unrealistic?
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I have a gen 1 hard top, as my Bronco was built 6/21. I received letter from Ford, over the Winter I believe, stating that I qualified for a new top and had until Sept 2022 to replace. Unlike most, I am happy with my original top. Have not seen any delamination and very, very small amount of "snake skin" that's only visible in the right light and you're looking for it. I have been holding off on getting top replaced in hopes they might actually start making quality tops. If I wait past September, will I still be eligible to get a replacement top if mine starts delaminating? If not, will my original top still be covered by warranty since I elected to NOT have it replaced? Thanks.
These are great questions, and I don't know the answer to any of them. I am also in the exact same boat. No issues at all with my July 2021 top, and I worry that trading it in for a 2.0 might be worse especially after reading this post. But I am leaning toward replacing anyway just to make sure Ford can't say down the road 'sorry, you had your chance to replace it too late now' if something does go wrong. One thing for sure, if I do make the swap for a 2.0 I will be examining that thing with a microscope and will refuse installation of anything that is not near perfect.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have a gen 1 hard top, as my Bronco was built 6/21. I received letter from Ford, over the Winter I believe, stating that I qualified for a new top and had until Sept 2022 to replace. Unlike most, I am happy with my original top. Have not seen any delamination and very, very small amount of "snake skin" that's only visible in the right light and you're looking for it. I have been holding off on getting top replaced in hopes they might actually start making quality tops. If I wait past September, will I still be eligible to get a replacement top if mine starts delaminating? If not, will my original top still be covered by warranty since I elected to NOT have it replaced? Thanks.
I donā€™t see how they could deny you warranty work until your vehicle is out of it. What are they gonna say, ā€œWe sent you a letter...ā€? Itā€™s not like it came registered mail, right? So donā€™t worry about it.

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The color changing panel thing is interesting. Looking down on the top of my 2 door in the sun, the passenger side panel appears to be a different shade than the driver and shell. Take the two panels out and put them side by side in the shade, no noticeable difference.
Iā€™m not worried about it. That bubbling roof though, ouch.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found the sticker on mine. Primed in November 2021. So I assume mine's 2.0. And it has no visible issues. whew

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You are so rightā€¦. Unless your top is leaking, these guys are foolishly jumping the gun, I feelā€¦. Let Ford sort this out, THEN go for the warranty!

I donā€™t even know if Iā€™m having any of the issues Iā€™m reading about on here, other than the fact that itā€™s definitely NOT leaking, so who cares???

I mean, these guys are complaining about panels being slightly lighter/darker than others? Really?? I could never live like thatā€”just worried about every little last detail. Plus, itā€™s a ā€œground-upā€ new vehicleā€”so you expect there to be NO issues? Isnā€™t that a bit unrealistic?
Jumping the gun in what way? If this top fails they'll be replacing it again.

OP
OP
IGOAT2drBD

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Jumping the gun in what way? If this top fails they'll be replacing it again.
I agree it's not like you only get one top replacement, as long as it's under warranty your good to fix stuff when it's broke. Theoretically the new part should have its own warranty anyway. I also agree Ford isn't going to announce gen 3 or 4 tops. Could already be on it now. I am interested to see if any Ford extended warranties cover roofs longer than the original warranty.

PKE956

Wildtrak
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, does anyone know how best to protect the MIC top from these issues?? Some chemical treatment like Armorall? Or, one of those car covers that just covers the glass and above if you have to park outside?!?

f18f_guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was leaking. They replaced it in 24 hrs. But obviously shit quality.

Sponsored

f18f_guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC needs a complete redesign. Ford phoned it in with 1.0, and 2.0 is just 1.0 with slightly rolled edges that still leave the inner cardboard layer exposed. The plastic layers are way too thin and the honeycomb will eventually show. It just amazes me that this top got past the prototype phase, let alone anyone on the quality control team.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happening on the soft tops too.
What did I miss with the soft tops? Plastic tabs snapping I know but something else melting?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, does anyone know how best to protect the MIC top from these issues?? Some chemical treatment like Armorall? Or, one of those car covers that just covers the glass and above if you have to park outside?!?
I think only keeping it in an indoor control humidity/temp environment would stop the 1.0 issues. I use VERY LIGHT application of 303 aerospace protectant on mine for the uv protection, but no chemical would stop the de-lamination.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The pictures speak for themselves. This is a 2021 model year built after the major summer shut down last year for the Gen 1 top replacement. So this is the Gen 2 hard top and look what's happening. I took delivery in October of 2021. Had the dealership file a warranty claim this afternoon. I love my Bronco, I HOPE that this is a VERY isolated case. This is located long the seem above the lift gate, where the top meets the back panel.

Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! PXL_20220610_012342780
Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! PXL_20220610_012342780
Hopefully your problem is isolated. And hopefully, only one part of the top will need replacing. I also have an October 2021 delivery from Dirt Mountain. I have had NO quality issues with my 4dr MIC top at all. It works fine and looks good. The vehicle is parked outside in coastal SC. 11,000 miles.
Sponsored