Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still think the MIC is the better option quality-wise… When I look at the few isolated MIC quality cases on here vs. EVERY soft top with wavy windows, yeah…. No. Give me the MIC every time.
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
^Very good excuse to keep the Bronco in the garage; only space for one so roommate/baby momma gonna have to continue to park her car outside. I was using the excuse of vandalism, so this is just more justification.
The soft tops don't delaminate, they are made of steel tubing and fabric. Aside from the wave rear windows mine has been great, and no regrets going the softy route.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gimmie a little duct tape and styrofoam and I'm sure I could make this fit

Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! download

Been bodging vehicles together since I was a teenager....

OP
OP
IGOAT2drBD

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Gorilla glue, "C" clamps, or wood screws to hold down till dry... Good to go... $60K, you git what ya pay for boy! : )
I'm honestly speechless.....

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still think the MIC is the better option quality-wise… When I look at the few isolated MIC quality cases on here vs. EVERY soft top with wavy windows, yeah…. No. Give me the MIC every time.
I still agree. Slight color variation among panels and snake skin doesn't bother me, I didn't buy a Lambo. The splitting, which is structural, does.

The other people with huge globs and warps are unacceptable. Should have never left the factory, Hellen Keller can see those defects.

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone familiar with the process of marine gelcoat? I wonder if this might be a solution to cover up the snakeskin, open edges, and mis-matched color between sections. Of course, that option would probably eliminate any chance of doing a warranty claim in the future if and when the whole top splits apart.

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The soft tops don't delaminate, they are made of steel tubing and fabric. Aside from the wave rear windows mine has been great, and no regrets going the softy route.
There’s a recent thread where the glue used in the STs IS coming apart, thus delaminating (semantics if I am not using the correct terminology, but it’s coming apart). The owner went to get it fixed and apparently the dealership made it worse. I’ll see if I can dig that thread up if your not familiar with it.

Edit: there’s more than one thread, but this appears to be the OG and demonstrates the issue some are having and why Jacob jumped on it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-interior-seal-coming-unglued.43587/post-1400166

Last edited:

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the ADV fenders showing up next week. I did a bunch of searching on IG for people with all kinds of vehicles that had tagged them and queried on the quality. Found a few body shops that focus on 4WD and have used their products for years on numerous vehicles and gave them a thumbs up. so, we shall soon see. good news is that we will find out from the early adopters how they are.
I don't doubt that they will put out a quality product, but may need some time to work out bugs.
I don't really want to tie up that big chunk of change to order one now and wait potentially months for the product, but once they are up and running, and assuming reviews are as good as they are for their other products, I'll likely jump onboard (thinking white top on my Shadow Black would look great).

xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im a little surprised there is any kind of material stackup to delaminate in the firstplace. I thought "molded in color" meant it was one single injection molded part.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Im a little surprised there is any kind of material stackup to delaminate in the firstplace. I thought "molded in color" meant it was one single injection molded part.
Ford Marketing:

Molded-In-Color: 0.025" / .0.63mm Deep/Thick

They never promised any certain thickness :rolleyes:

Standard Marketing Weasel Words and deceptive promises, reminds me of:
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
Except with Ford, Tuesday never comes!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
...This is one of the reasons I leased this Bronco...by the time it falls apart in 4 years...Ford will be getting it back...(month 37-48..extended warranty)

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My mom is delaminating. Wait…what?!

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford still has the balls to sell this for 10k + 😶
a bigger statement is that they have the balls to sell it for 10k when the implied cost by basing the difference of a 2 top with one top model is about $2500. when I took the bait to go soft with the free 'Hard top prep kit," that was the mathematical assumption.. No joke, consulting with a friend who is a big class action attorney..

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model