Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok Bronco 2 door 174 L x 76 W 4 door 189 L X 79 W so Like I said 2 door is more prone to tip over then 4 door both laterally and horizontally and diagonally 4 door has a wider stance and length. so unless you know something about angles and gravity that I don't I would say I am right on this one. Either way that goofball would have flipped either I am sure
Both have a track dimension of 65 inches. So … if the 4 door body is actually wider on the same track … but it is 250-300 pounds heavier, but where is the center of gravity? Call it a close on lateral roll over. I don’t think it is as big a deal as one might think. I think a four door might possibly have rolled in this situation as well. Plus the 2 door is less susceptible to high centering.
Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both have a track dimension of 65 inches. So … if the 4 door body is actually wider on the same track … but it is 250-300 pounds heavier, but where is the center of gravity? Call it a close on lateral roll over. I don’t think it is as big a deal as one might think. I think a four door might possibly have rolled in this situation as well. Plus the 2 door is less susceptible to high centering.
I agree its negligible and yes that guy would have flipped either in that situation.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree its negligible and yes that guy would have flipped either in that situation.
Ah don’t give up so easily … even though the axles are the same width, I suspect the rims have different offset, so to your point, the spread between wheels is probably greater on the four door. Exactly what it is depends on the rim specs. Maybe a two door Squatch is pretty close to a four door base. I think other factors - tire pressure for one play into it.

The biggest is where is the center of gravity? I thought you couldn’t get a roof rack on a four door because of CG concerns? Not slamming you at all - in fact great convo, the debate caused my me re-examine my thoughts and I learned some things! Cheers!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2D vs 4D or Sasquatch vs no Sasquatch or wheel offset isn't what caused this one to end up on its side.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah don’t give up so easily … even though the axles are the same width, I suspect the rims have different offset, so to your point, the spread between wheels is probably greater on the four door. Exactly what it is depends on the rim specs. Maybe a two door Squatch is pretty close to a four door base. I think other factors - tire pressure for one play into it.

The biggest is where is the center of gravity? I thought you couldn’t get a roof rack on a four door because of CG concerns? Not slamming you at all - in fact great convo, the debate caused my me re-examine my thoughts and I learned some things! Cheers!
Not giving up:LOL:. You have good points, there are so many factors to this subject we could beat it to death. Ie lift height, wheel offset, tire size, gear on rig on and on. Just need to let all the new off roaders, overlanders know its easier then they think, be smart, use spotters and when in doubt don't try it.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not giving up:LOL:. You have good points, there are so many factors to this subject we could beat it to death. Ie lift height, wheel offset, tire size, gear on rig on and on. Just need to let all the new off roaders, overlanders know its easier then they think, be smart, use spotters and when in doubt don't try it.
Best approach!! Keep all the rubber on the rock!

BGBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think someone else mentioned the fabricator of the glass roof. They're out of Austin, TX. Looks like they sell a DIY kit for Jeeps. Maybe one for the Bronco is on the horizon.

https://panoramicjeepatx.com/

They also installed another glass roof on a white Bronco recently. Doesn't look like they service the 4 door currently.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look close it appears the hard top roof is what kept him from rolling down the hill. Had this been a soft top, I bet it goes down the hill with multiple roll overs.
I’m guessing the glass made him top-heavy and that’s what caused the rollover!

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ooops. @Fish512_

Ford Bronco Oh Sh!$  2 Door Bronco with custom glass hardtop rolls over on trail Capture4.PNG

Ford Bronco Oh Sh!$  2 Door Bronco with custom glass hardtop rolls over on trail Capture4.PNG

After getting all 4 on the ground again. Driver is ok and actually said in his post ‘That’ll buff out”
Guess shit happens on the trail, glad no one was hurt, do they have offroader insurance for that?

Sponsored

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed. Looks like this top has another removable panel over the rear cap? This pic deserves its own thread and some wild speculation
Where did this HT comes from? I like the glass look.... who makes it?

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 bronco, 1974 cj5, 2013 jku Moab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damnit. Judging by the underside, I’d say this is one of those YouTubers that buy $40-60,000 vehicles and immediately beats the hell out of them for views.
45 Jeeps made it over the obstacle, and the one Bronco……..

Definitely not a you tuber,
Just a guy who wheels… took a bad line and now everyone is criticizing me. The day before I needed help because I ended up at a dead end of a trail with me trailer with nowhere to turn around.
Sponsored