First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I've been doing my own oil changes for 37 years....never been easier. Order oil and filters on line, I love that. Find a spare 30 minutes, pull plug, remove filter, check fluids, belt, peak at brakes, replace filter, put the drain plug back in, fill oil, check level, start engine, clean up, turn off engine, check oil level, done. The job was done right, the oil and filters used were correct spec, tightened correctly and saved enough to buy a 12 pack.

Used oil goes to recycling when I have to go down that way.

My time is worth money....no one leaves home for the dealer, gets their oil changed and is back home in 30 minutes.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have always done oil changes myself unless it's close to the freezing mark. Hard to explain, but my oil change set up is half in/ half out of the shop for ground clearance. And I don't particularly like laying on 35 degree concrete. Disposal is the easy part, got a dirt/gravel driveway? Just dump it out there, makes a nice smooth, hard packed road. I'm kidding about dumping it the driveway, please don't do that.

Frank N

Base
First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I have always done oil changes myself unless it's close to the freezing mark. Hard to explain, but my oil change set up is half in/ half out of the shop for ground clearance. And I don't particularly like laying on 35 degree concrete. Disposal is the easy part, got a dirt/gravel driveway? Just dump it out there, makes a nice smooth, hard packed road. I'm kidding about dumping it the driveway, please don't do that.
Cold temps? Cardboard on the ground and sunshine on the driveway is your friend....but I hear you. If I know an OC is coming up, I start watching the weather for the right day, usually around noon I grab that 30 minutes. LOL

Advertisement

BDS Suspension
Advertisement