Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi,
I live in Binghamton NY and I hate our local Ford Dealership. Over my 25 years of buying/servicing vehicles I've given this dealership numerous chances and every single time they disappoint. When I decided to buy my Bronco I tried them again and the Bronco sales guy actually laughed at me when I told him I wanted my Bronco in 2021. This was very close to when reservations first opened up. Ended up driving 2 hours to and another dealership got me my Bronco in Oct 2021.

Anyway I've scheduled two appointments for oil change at this dealership and they have canceled both appointments last minute now. They can't even get an oil change right.

I don't really want to push my oil change off again as I am going on a road trip next week. How big a deal is it to get oil changes from a third party? Just tired of dealing with this dealership. I am just not sure how important it is to get the correct oil filter vs what 3rd party places will use.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I wouldn’t trust jiffy lube with anything, most oil places should be just fine as long as they use the synthetic oil recommended by manufacturer. No reason that a local quick lube or something couldn’t do it.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife had the oil changed in a Company owned Subaru, in one of the numerous “quick change” franchises. Who ever did the work, drained the transmission fluid by mistake then added the proper volume of motor oil to the engine. She arrived home in a cloud of white smoke…..

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The kits from IAG make it easy for yourself, or maybe take the kit to a local shop and just ask them to charge you the labor. I ordered in the afternoon, it shipped the next morning and I received it 2 days later. At least you'll have peace of mind what's being installed:

https://www.iagperformance.com/engine/

Ford Bronco Oil Change Non-Ford 1652967235018

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most places should have filters and oil that meet Ford's specifications. The big thing is do you trust the place you chose to do the work correctly?

As far as warranty is concerned or if there is a question about maintenance intervals it's important to keep your receipts. If you can show the services were done relatively close to what Ford recommends, you shouldn't have an issue in the remote chance maintenance would ever be questioned. You get drug in with 58,000 miles with a top end packed full of stuff the consistency of asphalt and can only show proof of 5 oil changes, you might be screwed.

Do them every 3-5, closer to 3 if you're doing a lot of wheeling, towing or in dirty, dusty, super hot conditions. Full synthetic oil does NOT (in Ford's eyes and stated policy) say you are good to go beyond the published intervals. Can you? Yes. Does Ford have the right to deny warranty if lack of maintenance can be shown? Yes. Is it likely to happen? No.

Bottom line....find a place you trust and stick with them. If they offer Motorcraft filters, even better.
Sponsored