Sponsored

Oil Change Requirements 2.7 -- stick with every 5k miles?

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Friends,

I have a 2022 Wildtrak with 2.7 and I have 4500 miles on it. Looks like I need a tire rotation as well. So I was planning on doing them. Both within a week, although I pull up my “ford app” and it states I have 50% oil life remaining… Should I still with the every 5K rule? Is there requirements with the factory warranty that I must follow to keep my warranty in good standings. If I can wait, I will wait but I do not want to do anything wrong.. Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheers
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The service guy told me 10k is what the oil life calculator goes by.

I plan on changing mine every 5k miles. It's cheap insurance in my opinion. I like to have fresh oil in my turbo cars.

OP
OP
Mvruggink41

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The service guy told me 10k is what the oil life calculator goes by.

I plan on changing mine every 5k miles. It's cheap insurance in my opinion. I like to have fresh oil in my turbo cars.
Thanks for the info, I had any issues I want to make sure I am doing the correct service on it! Thanks again!

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do mine and my wifes navigator every 7500 miles, never had an issue….

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do oil and a 5 tire rotation every 5k. Like Mitchell said above, it's cheap insurance given the twin turbo set up. Plus I enjoy just crawling under it and tinkering. I will let you know that Discount Tire will do tire changes for free, so I set an appointment and then run by there to let them do it...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mvruggink41

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do oil and a 5 tire rotation every 5k. Like Mitchell said above, it's cheap insurance given the twin turbo set up. Plus I enjoy just crawling under it and tinkering. I will let you know that Discount Tire will do tire changes for free, so I set an appointment and then run by there to let them do it...
Sweet insight on the tire rotation! I will be smart and get it changed thanks everyone for the tips!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran 10,000 intervals in Toyota trucks for years. It was a bit lighter oil and they were not direct injected engines. I never had a problem.

I will say, my Bronco and perhaps most Ecoboost engines have a fuel dilution issue. The oil at 4,000 miles noticeably smells of gasoline. At 7,000 miles, it is quite dark and exhibits further fuel dilution. I don't think I will let one get that bad again so I probably will be unable to test.

I will admit these are probably within spec and I am probably fine to run it to 10,000 miles for the next 150,000 miles. Changing the oil between dealer trips takes approximately 15 minutes and it is the easiest oil change of any vehicle I've owned.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The service manager at my dealer recommended every 5k. I planned to do this anyways after the first two oil changes being done early.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Friends,

I have a 2022 Wildtrak with 2.7 and I have 4500 miles on it. Looks like I need a tire rotation as well. So I was planning on doing them. Both within a week, although I pull up my “ford app” and it states I have 50% oil life remaining… Should I still with the every 5K rule? Is there requirements with the factory warranty that I must follow to keep my warranty in good standings. If I can wait, I will wait but I do not want to do anything wrong.. Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheers
I always changed my oil every 3000 miles and rotate tires make sure you rotate the spare in the rotation

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Friends,

Cheers
I change mine at 5 because of tire rotation and experience. The eco boost motors tend to have less issues using that interval compared to the ford interval after you cross 100k. I talk a lot with my service department and they are constantly seeing high mileage issue with the 10k oil change.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve successfully pushed down the oil change cost to $30, including a full Kirkland synthetic and oil filter. At this point, to do the process every 4,000-5,000 miles is self care.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don10K oil changes on my vehicles, backed up with Blackstone.

However with that said, the Bronco is going to get 5k changes. With being twin turbos, it is going to be harder on the oil.

I just can't do 7,500 to hard to keep up. With numbers like 5 and 10, even my wife can tell when she needs an oil change.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the 2.3 and change mine every 5000 miles. When I had my 2.7 F150 I’d let it drain for at least 25 minutes as per the TSB, does this apply to the 2.7 Broncos as well? Just curious.
Sponsored