First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I'm not knowing what to look for, but I expected to find it faster. My question is what limits has Ford put on inclines, both forward and back and side to side for the engine, and possibly the transmission? Did they do anything special for bronco engines since they are built for off-roading?

I see some of the Bronco's being used for rock crawling and on any other engine, I'd be worried about oil starvation. A lot of the purpose-built machines doing that have dry sumps and pressurized oil delivery and just wonder what if anything Ford has done.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oil pan was designed with that in mind.

https://thebronconation.com/why-the-2021-bronco-powertrain-doesnt-need-a-v8/

With a long list of additional off-road standards being added to the engineering requirements, one challenge that surfaced was keeping both the 2.3L and 2.7L engines properly lubricated in aggressive terrain. John Kilby, Engine Systems Engineer at Ford, told Bronco Nation that the rear oil sumps were upgraded, and the oil pans enlarged to deliver adequate pressure at a 45 degree downhill angle and a 30 degree side slope –– not bad. The larger pans mean the Bronco will hold seven quarts of oil (the Ranger uses six). This will ensure Bronco engines maintain standards under the demands of off-roading.

OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What @bytheway said also if your weren't aware 7 quarts of oil for a 2.7 engine is a shit ton of oil 2 quarts over most vehicles. Make no mistake the Bronco was build for serious wheeling.
Sponsored