Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn't planning on buying one anyways but kind of disappointing. The hood stripe isn't doing it for me. Why no shaker?!?

This render from several years ago really hit the mark imo.
9cd625b9e6592adac034c7eb0563b5fd.jpg

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't planning on buying one anyways but kind of disappointing. The hood stripe isn't doing it for me. Why no shaker?!?

This render from several years ago really hit the mark imo.
Ford Bronco OK all you V8 fans... 9cd625b9e6592adac034c7eb0563b5fd
doesn't need a shaker, needs a NACA/NASA.

honestly what would've been sweet would've been a destroked 7.3 (429ci, higher RPM). the Mach 1 was designed as the straight line car, the GT and Boss and Cobras were for the twisties.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

honestly what would've been sweet would've been a destroked 7.3 (429ci, higher RPM). the Mach 1 was designed as the straight line car, the GT and Boss and Cobras were for the twisties.
my option still remains that the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Leguna Seca is the best n/a mustang ford has made in the past 40 years.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my option still remains that the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Leguna Seca is the best n/a mustang ford has made in the past 40 years.
agreed. I'm not sure if this mach 1 will surpass it. Will have to wait and see in person, and on the track. imo if they'd done a few things differently, it would have certainly surpassed the Boss LS.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
agreed. I'm not sure if this mach 1 will surpass it. Will have to wait and see in person, and on the track. imo if they'd done a few things differently, it would have certainly surpassed the Boss LS.
the GT Performance package are faster than the old LS Boss.
But not as cool.

still I think if I were in the market i would just get the Performance Pack mustang for $45k and slap on my own bolts ons. And save about 7k

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the GT Performance package are faster than the old LS Boss.
But not as cool.

still I think if I were in the market i would just get the Performance Pack mustang for $45k and slap on my own bolts ons. And save about 7k
im still in the market for the Mach 1, but it isn't going to be the car I want it to be without sinking at least another 5k in. complete interior swap, and a few details on the outside, and those rear brakes for starters. thats without any major power mods. I was really hoping for something out the door that would be damn near perfect, it wouldn't have been hard. a decent hood, a non-shitty grill. don't stray too far/overdo the emblems, and a red interior (which is an option on the premiums....)

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

im still in the market for the Mach 1, but it isn't going to be the car I want it to be without sinking at least another 5k in. complete interior swap, and a few details on the outside, and those rear brakes for starters. thats without any major power mods. I was really hoping for something out the door that would be damn near perfect, it wouldn't have been hard. a decent hood, a non-shitty grill. don't stray too far/overdo the emblems, and a red interior (which is an option on the premiums....)
1) I absolutely LOVE the red interior
2) the grill is throwing me off so much. Wants to be the Boss 302 grill so bad but just doesn't fit with the current body style IMO. I would have preferred an offset tri-bar pony. Guess that's what the aftermarket is for.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) I absolutely LOVE the red interior
2) the grill is throwing me off so much. Wants to be the Boss 302 grill so bad but just doesn't fit with the current body style IMO. I would have preferred an offset tri-bar pony. Guess that's what the aftermarket is for.
needs a flat, striaght through honeycomb, with the tribar on the driver side.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm generally not a fan of overpriced nostalgic cars, so the only special mustang I've ever owned was a 2003 Cobra. It was $32k sitting next to $40k+ Saleen mustangs that were just centrifugal supercharged GTs with body kits. The Cobra had forged internals and a cleaner look with a good daily driver roots blower. It was also the first time ford had rebates on SVT vehicles around labor day 2003.

I just traded my used 2015 base model GT mustang for a new Subaru STi. The car was fun, way better handling and better behaved than the 2003 Cobra, but I never drove it. Trying to upgrade the base stereo speakers required dozens of hours of research and a couple days work. The backup camera on the mustang and the 2013 explorer I had both died after about 4 years of age. Then the intake manifold on the mustang broke. The shaft for the driver's side butterfly valves snapped causing multiple random misfire codes for months (valves didn't close under vacuum to create turbulence and better fuel mixing at low rpm). I bought a new intake from a ford dealer online for $320 and replaced it myself after I read about the warranty experience others had trying to get their intakes replaced. I don't drag race anymore, and the wrangler isn't much fun on long road trips. That's why I got rid of it for an STI.

I'd love to have a nice high powered RWD car for fun, but I think a kit car like a V8 exocet or stalker or locost would be cheaper for me and more fun.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ya know why dont they do the Mach 1 like this as a Demon competitor. 7.3 tuned up sold as a 550 hp NA or 900hp blown. Drag Pack, gears, tires, transbrake, HUD tach. Sure it may not turn but make it pull the quarter better than the GT500 and nickname it Johnny (like the fiddle player). Show em how its done. Then focus the GT500 like a laser on the Corvette.

Thats how you make the mustang the full spread dominator. Mix in the MachE to attack Tesla, and you got all your bases covered.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya know why dont they do the Mach 1 like this as a Demon competitor. 7.3 tuned up sold as a 550 hp NA or 900hp blown. Drag Pack, gears, tires, transbrake, HUD tach. Sure it may not turn but make it pull the quarter better than the GT500 and nickname it Johnny (like the fiddle player). Show em how its done. Then focus the GT500 like a laser on the Corvette.

Thats how you make the mustang the full spread dominator. Mix in the MachE to attack Tesla, and you got all your bases covered.
that is what I've said before I would've liked. big motor, maybe a destroked 7.3 (down to 429ci), add in a factory version of the steeda 'stop the hop' package, some form of limited slip/locker/ etc stronger than the torsion in a straight line, staggered tires with semi-skinnies up front, but yeah, a straight line car. the curves is the GT, Boss, shelby. The straights belonged to the Mach.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that is what I've said before I would've liked. big motor, maybe a destroked 7.3 (down to 429ci), add in a factory version of the steeda 'stop the hop' package, some form of limited slip/locker/ etc stronger than the torsion in a straight line, staggered tires with semi-skinnies up front, but yeah, a straight line car. the curves is the GT, Boss, shelby. The straights belonged to the Mach.
Yep makes sense to me, they could even tie it in to the Cobra Jet program. Because nothing of the Cobra Jet is really road ready I don't think it hits the masses at all really. Most just see the Demons and never notice the CJ.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always liked these too. Thought the 2 key thing was ? It didn't do much but thought it was near to hear the exhaust note change and make it sound like it was cammed up.