Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has Ford officially announced how to order a 2022 model year?
I understand '22 models start being built in December, but when do we signal to Ford that we want a 2022 instead of 2021?
Sponsored

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on your reservation most likely, I waited to place my reservation until December to essentially guarantee I get a 22. Now if no one converts their orders (not likely) and I end up with a 21? Great! But I’m fairly certain I’m getting a 22

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone who has a reservation must convert that reservation to an order before the March cutoff. If you do not place an order before then, your reservation is cancelled and your $100 refunded.

With all the orders in, Ford will schedule the builds, and give you a personal estimate as to when you can expect yours.

If the MY22 change over approaches (Dec 21), and your order has not yet been built, you will be asked to rollover your MY21 order to an MY22 order by resubmitting it with updates and including the MY22 options.

There has been nothing said or implied that makes it seem like you can opt for a MY22 out of the gate.

If you absolutely must have a MY22, it can’t be guaranteed, but best bet would be to make a new reservation tonight. But as previously stated, if everyone before you cancels their order, you’d get bumped up.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless Ford changes it, all reservations must convert to order by March 19. If the reservation isn't converted, it will be cancelled and $100 refunded. Orders will be submitted based on the available options.

Some of us purposely held off making the reservation so that we were at the "end of the line". Those of us who did so will likely get the MY22 unless Ford's order conversion is an absolute failure. If you are an early reservation holder, you may be able to game the order scheduling system by optioning late availability items in the hope that it kicks your order far enough down the line so that you can resubmit your order based on MY22 options.

If you want to guarantee a later than MY21 build, then you can make a reservation today. Of course, at the current rate, a reservation made today might get you a MY23 Bronco.

Edit: Or what @ZackDanger said.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounding like I may end up being one of those that "never intended to buy, anyway".

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Best thing to do would be to communicate with your dealer. I originally had it in my head only a mansquatch would do. Given all the uncertainty and how things got configured, I switched to a BL and will add 35’s at a later date if the 33’s don’t suffice.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless Ford changes it, all reservations must convert to order by March 19. If the reservation isn't converted, it will be cancelled and $100 refunded. Orders will be submitted based on the available options.

Some of us purposely held off making the reservation so that we were at the "end of the line". Those of us who did so will likely get the MY22 unless Ford's order conversion is an absolute failure. If you are an early reservation holder, you may be able to game the order scheduling system by optioning late availability items in the hope that it kicks your order far enough down the line so that you can resubmit your order based on MY22 options.

If you want to guarantee a later than MY21 build, then you can make a reservation today. Of course, at the current rate, a reservation made today might get you a MY23 Bronco.

Edit: Or what @ZackDanger said.
I like the way you said it.

;)

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the comments above based on what I have read on this forum. (Circular logic?) I would like to have a paint to match top. I plan to put in for late availability dual tops with Black modular. This increases my odds of being moved back given my September reservation. I can live with the Black top if needed.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to chime in and I just saw someone in another thread say that someone during a BN q&a said you could ask your dealer to hold your reservation until MY22...

...but I don’t remember hearing or seeing that anywhere myself.

I want to acknowledge this piece of info, but I’m not personally confident saying it’s the case right now, especially if the consequence for getting it wrong could be you losing your reservation.

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. When I first read it, I took it to mean cancel your res and get out of line. But it says 'convert reservation to order yet....' -- does that mean they might let us hold our res until order banks for MY22 open?? Hopefully, they will clarify this in the next couple of weeks.

From BN:
"Some announced options will not be available until the MY22. Manual Transmission with Sasquatch, body color matched modular hard tops, the white modular hard top, and roof racks on 4-Door Broncos with Sasquatch will all be MY22 options. Additionally, the slide out tailgate on 4-Door Bronco will not be installed at the factory until MY22 (still available as a dealer orderable accessory). If you can’t live without one of these options, Ford recommends that you not convert your reservation to an order yet and that you wait for more information to be released this summer. What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order. "

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't the other thread mention Ford giving an estimate of a cutoff for MY21 before the convert-by date?

Edit: Allocation estimate was supposed to be today, so... your dealer should be able to tell you if you're nowhere close to being a MY21 if they have 500 reservations and the estimate they received was that they would be allocated 300. If you're #499 at that dealership, then you're not getting a MY21 even if you reserved the very first day!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. When I first read it, I took it to mean cancel your res and get out of line. But it says 'convert reservation to order yet....' -- does that mean they might let us hold our res until order banks for MY22 open?? Hopefully, they will clarify this in the next couple of weeks.

From BN:
"Some announced options will not be available until the MY22. Manual Transmission with Sasquatch, body color matched modular hard tops, the white modular hard top, and roof racks on 4-Door Broncos with Sasquatch will all be MY22 options. Additionally, the slide out tailgate on 4-Door Bronco will not be installed at the factory until MY22 (still available as a dealer orderable accessory). If you can’t live without one of these options, Ford recommends that you not convert your reservation to an order yet and that you wait for more information to be released this summer. What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order. "
Thank you. I just mentioned this.

Do you have the link/citation for this?

I’m wondering if what they meant was literally, cancel your reservation and let the dealer know they should call you when that start taking MY22 orders.
Sponsored